Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
    We have a client pressing on this as well, wanting followup emails to send 14 days after shipment, not placement of order. Agree that giving users the option one way or the other is the way to go, however I understand the challenges of pulling shipments as we recently worked that through ourselves.
    Hey Dan (and everyone else),

First of all, I'm sorry I failed to update the group re: the logic for pulling orders. We're constantly upgrading and improving the product for Miva and it's my fault for not staying on top of the changes.

Next, I've spoken to our Head of Product about our plans to change the logic and it is in the works. I don't have an ETA but I will let you guys know as soon as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by dutch View Post
      Yotpo needs to fix this re: outlook

We're a b2b seller and I would guess that 90% of large companies use Outlook. You write that your data indicates most reviewers are on a webmail client--I would venture to say your data may be skewed if you are generally selling your service to B2C clients which of course would nearly all be using google, yahoo, hotmail, etc...

Hey dutch!

You bring up an interesting point re: data being skewed on b2b vs b2c. I will say, we are a b2b service and most of our clients use webmail...but that's obviously going to change based on industry and a lot of other factors.

Due to the way Outlook is built, our in-mail review form won't show up there. Our workaround is to send Outlook users a link which takes them to an landing page where they can leave a review.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by dutch View Post
        any update on rich snippets Talia?
        also hoping you aren't getting rockets at your office in Israel!
        Hi again!

Need to check on rich snippets and get back to you.

Thanks for checking in--we're all OK over here!

Comment

Whoa what's going on with Yotpo and Miva?
          Just got an email from David Lerner from Yotpo, says...

I am sorry to inform you that due to recent technical changes, Yotpo is no longer able to support MIVA account integration. This means from October 1, 2014, all MIVA Yotpo Premium accounts will be migrated to our Basic free service, unless a request to keep the Premium Account is received. Please keep in mind that our Technical Support team will not provide assistance to technical issues from MIVA platform accounts.

The Yotpo Basic account contains strong features and remains an asset to web business.

We apologize for any inconveniences but strongly believe that transparency and honesty are important in any business relationship.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder what those "technical changes" are?

Comment

We're having issues for sure with them. I'm hoping to work it out, we'll post back soon.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                We're having issues for sure with them. I'm hoping to work it out, we'll post back soon.
                Please, please do work it out...after some tweaking, Yotpo finally started to work as advertised. Reviews are starting to arrive via the MAP feature. We are counting on Yotpo to be our product/site review solution.

BTW, we did not receive any such email from David Lerner of Yotpo.
                Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

I am pleased to announce that Glendale Designs will be developing a new retail version of the Yotpo module for Miva Merchant. This new module will take full advantage of Yotpo's feature set for both Free and Premium accounts, greatly expanding the capabilities for Miva Merchant integrations. In discussions with Yotpo, we have put this module on expedited development status due to the latest developments. While we hope to get this module out soon, we also want to ensure it is a solid solution before it's official release to the community.

Comment

An update for those awaiting word on our Yotpo connector module. We were presented with a distributor/independent contractor agreement from Yotpo late in the game, after the majority of the new solution had been developed, on our own dime and through Yotpo’s public API. At this time we have shelved the module and halted further development until we hear back from their legal department because we really don’t understand the need for such an agreement under these conditions. We will post an update here if things change.

Comment

That's disappointing news. We have a lot of time invested in implementing Yotpo as our product/site review solution. Hope you can work through these issues.
                      Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                      Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
                        That's disappointing news. We have a lot of time invested in implementing Yotpo as our product/site review solution. Hope you can work through these issues.
                        Agree.

Now that I've experienced Yotpo and this business going back and forth I wonder if I'd just be better using some of ToolKit/Bill's features.

I was lured to Yotpo and the easy integration and all that but when I sit back and think about product reviews I scratch my head wondering why I went down this road. It's a simple thing...an email goes out after X days, ask for review. Reviews get collected in a database and shared in such a way that Google can see them.

In the grand scheme of things not the most difficult concept which reminds me to dig further into ToolKit and makes me think Yotpo should realize who they are in the grand scheme of things and eat some humble pie.

Comment

We have some good news on the Yotpo front. The necessary legal matters have been resolved so we can proceed with the development of the new module. We are very pleased with this outcome and look forward to bringing a solid Yotpo integration to the Miva Merchant platform.

With that, we have some questions:

1. How many of you are using Sebenza's Ultimate Order Status or Viking Coders Order Status Manager? Both of these modules are technically end of life, however we want to determine if there is enough demand to justify the necessary development to support these two 3rd party solutions with Yotpo's followup email capabilities.

2. What are the other concerns, issues, holes experienced with previous/current Yotpo integrations?

Comment

We have some good news on the Yotpo front. The necessary legal matters have been resolved so we can proceed with the development of the new module. We are very pleased with this outcome and look forward to bringing a solid Yotpo integration to the Miva Merchant platform.

With that, we have some questions:

1. How many of you are using Sebenza's Ultimate Order Status or Viking Coders Order Status Manager? Both of these modules are technically end of life, however we want to determine if there is enough demand to justify the necessary development to support these two 3rd party solutions with Yotpo's followup email capabilities.

2. What are the other concerns, issues, holes experienced with previous/current Yotpo integrations?
                            For us to consider the module, we'd need it to work with StoneEdge's module, which updates the native order status. From what I understand, it is not currently using Miva's standard API to accomplish this.

Paul
                            Paul

Comment

For us to consider the module, we'd need it to work with StoneEdge's module, which updates the native order status. From what I understand, it is not currently using Miva's standard API to accomplish this.
                              Hey Paul, I do have some insight on this through our Google Trusted Stores module. StoneEdge kicked out a same version update to resolve this issue after some extensive back and forth. It should be following Miva Merchant's API now. I recommend re-downloading the connector module, even if it is the exact same version installed on your store, and updating accordingly.

Comment

Hey Paul, I do have some insight on this through our Google Trusted Stores module. StoneEdge kicked out a same version update to resolve this issue after some extensive back and forth. It should be following Miva Merchant's API now. I recommend re-downloading the connector module, even if it is the exact same version installed on your store, and updating accordingly.
                                When did they update this? The files they have on their download gateway are identical to the ones I've previously downloaded (file timestamp and size). Can you PM the contact information you have at StoneEdge so I get the correct module. From past experience, having the wrong one installed can cause some issues.

Thanks,
                                Paul
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X