Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Sounds like you have the proper version installed then. I honestly have no direct contact info I can give you. So I would be curious exactly what you are running into here as it might be different than the issues this update resolved. Please feel free to reach out to me via PM with details.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
      Sounds like you have the proper version installed then. I honestly have no direct contact info I can give you. So I would be curious exactly what you are running into here as it might be different than the issues this update resolved. Please feel free to reach out to me via PM with details.
      The file on their download gateway is dated May 2013. We aren't using your module yet, but know that it doesn't work properly with another integration we have that relies on order statuses being updated. At the recent Chicago Miva Conference, I asked if Miva's new eBay integration would work properly with StoneEdge in regards to shipment confirmations and was told that it would not because StoneEdge's module does not use Miva's API.

Paul
      Paul

Comment

It's hard for me to say without seeing the specifics here. Sounds like you may have another component in the mix on top of StoneEdge. If we can see your specific situation we might be able to determine a solution, but we would need access.

Comment

It's hard for me to say without seeing the specifics here. Sounds like you may have another component in the mix on top of StoneEdge. If we can see your specific situation we might be able to determine a solution, but we would need access.
          Nope, nothing else in the mix in terms of updating order status. We are integrated with Bongo using their module. It is supposed to trigger updates to its system (to include tracking information) when an associated order's status is changed to "shipped" in Miva. However, since this status is being updated by StoneEdge, there is no trigger and the update is not sent. My guess is that it doesn't work for the same reason that Miva's eBay module will not. And, it is why I questioned it working with your module as well.

If you have a secure way for us to provide login credentials, please PM me with instructions.

Thanks,
          Paul
          Paul

Comment

We have some good news on the Yotpo front. The necessary legal matters have been resolved so we can proceed with the development of the new module. We are very pleased with this outcome and look forward to bringing a solid Yotpo integration to the Miva Merchant platform.

With that, we have some questions:

1. How many of you are using Sebenza's Ultimate Order Status or Viking Coders Order Status Manager? Both of these modules are technically end of life, however we want to determine if there is enough demand to justify the necessary development to support these two 3rd party solutions with Yotpo's followup email capabilities.

2. What are the other concerns, issues, holes experienced with previous/current Yotpo integrations?
            1: Use Yotpo; don't use either of those mentioned in #1
            2: The only thing I can think of is that the email that Yotpo sends out with new questions/surveys is not Outlook compatible. Their reply is that most people use a web based email. I'm B2B so I disagree big time. Not the end of the world but sure would be nice if the link they include in the email could be opened by Outlook.

Comment

2: The only thing I can think of is that the email that Yotpo sends out with new questions/surveys is not Outlook compatible. Their reply is that most people use a web based email. I'm B2B so I disagree big time. Not the end of the world but sure would be nice if the link they include in the email could be opened by Outlook.
              Unfortunately Outlook compatibility is outside of our control in this instance, but I would add that these issues are extremely hard to overcome with Outlook not supporting modern code/standards.

Comment

We have some good news on the Yotpo front. The necessary legal matters have been resolved so we can proceed with the development of the new module. We are very pleased with this outcome and look forward to bringing a solid Yotpo integration to the Miva Merchant platform.

1. How many of you are using Sebenza's Ultimate Order Status or Viking Coders Order Status Manager? Both of these modules are technically end of life, however we want to determine if there is enough demand to justify the necessary development to support these two 3rd party solutions with Yotpo's followup email capabilities.

2. What are the other concerns, issues, holes experienced with previous/current Yotpo integrations?
                1. My clients use neither of those modules you mention.
                2. So far, so good. Easy install and setup. My clients are very pleased, as am I. I will proceed in recommending the module once again.

Thank you so much Dan!! What a relief!

Jamie
                Jamie Donaldson
                JSDVS Web Design / Development
                Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

We use neither.

Other than the previously mentioned issue of Microsoft Outlook users having problems viewing Yotpo emails, I've noticed that the "Include title" option under General Settings continually gets unchecked so that reviews left do not contain a title. I've had to go into Admin numerous times to recheck it and save only to have it unchecked somehow without our doing.

When do you expect the module to be released and do you have release notes to inform us what improvements/fixes are included?
                  Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                  Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Other than the previously mentioned issue of Microsoft Outlook users having problems viewing Yotpo emails, I've noticed that the "Include title" option under General Settings continually gets unchecked so that reviews left do not contain a title. I've had to go into Admin numerous times to recheck it and save only to have it unchecked somehow without our doing.
                    Issues like these are best directed to Yotpo Support directly. I will also send our contact an email further noting these as well.

When do you expect the module to be released and do you have release notes to inform us what improvements/fixes are included?
                    We should have a better idea on a possible release date in the next few days. Some of the initial/basic features:

- Module uses Yotpo's latest widget, which greatly enhances the jump to premium features and all around stability.

- Ability to specify Product Code, SKU or ID. ID was included for backwards compatilitiy with those early adopters where Product ID was used and never transitioned. (Product Code would be the recommended setting on fresh installs)

- Product url mapping to specify proper short link format vs. dynamic urls.

- Product image selection, including Legacy and Image Machine image types.

- Mail after feature can be triggered at time of order or shipment. (at time of shipment requires statuses be reported back to the stock order shipment features at this time)

- We included a category, search and product list stars display entity.

...and more to come.

Comment

The Yotpo Reviews Tab has suddenly disappeared from our website pages. So has our product reviews and Q&A. What is going on with Yotpo these days...is it no longer supported for Miva?
                      Last edited by papi34; 10-31-14, 01:19 PM.

Comment

The Yotpo Reviews Tab has suddenly disappeared from our website pages. What is going on with Yotpo these days...is it no longer supported for Miva?
                        We just had a client report this yesterday, trying to get some answers ourselves. In testing it seems like the account itself is not delivering the proper resources through the API key. (get a status 500) That said, we have a number of clients still up, so it seems to be intermittent.

Comment

Product reviews and Q&A are also MIA from our pages. Reopened a support ticket with Yotpo this morning, with no response. I know Yotpo is on Israel time, so probably wont hear back until Monday. Please keep us informed if you get any answers before then Dan...thx! Looking forward to the release of your Yotpo Module.

Comment

As announced on October 21st, we were given the all clear to proceed with development of our connector module using Yotpo's public API for the Miva Merchant platform. This morning we received an email stating that Yotpo's legal team had pulled back the all clear, requiring a signed agreement to access their previously open API. Unfortunately we are simply not able to sign this agreement as written and have decided to cut our losses at this point. Our Yotpo connector module will not make it to market.

We realize a number of you had adopted the Yotpo platform early on, which was our main reason for engaging in this solution once it was announced that Miva Merchant would no longer be supported. (we have a number of clients in the same boat)

To say we are disappointed with this outcome is an understatement, however we simply could not proceed down this path.

Comment

Any word from Miva on this? We just finished integration and I really don't want to have to backtrack/start over on this.

Comment

Any word from Miva on this? We just finished integration and I really don't want to have to backtrack/start over on this.
                                I would put our experience dealing with YotPo behind the scenes as arguable the worst I've seen/had with a partner in almost 15 years.

So we're sorry to say this integration is dead from our perspective.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]
                                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                                X