Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    I would put our experience dealing with YotPo behind the scenes as arguable the worst I've seen/had with a partner in almost 15 years.

So we're sorry to say this integration is dead from our perspective.
    That's a pretty strong statement. Also disappointing as it seems to be working well for us right now. Is there any other review systems that integrate with Miva that will automatically request reviews after x days after purchase?

Comment

That's a pretty strong statement. Also disappointing as it seems to be working well for us right now. Is there any other review systems that integrate with Miva that will automatically request reviews after x days after purchase?
      I will say that there is a good possibility of some alternative Ratings & Reviews solutions for Miva Merchant in the near future that will include these capabilities. How's that for vague ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
        I will say that there is a good possibility of some alternative Ratings & Reviews solutions for Miva Merchant in the near future that will include these capabilities. How's that for vague ;)
        What kind of time frame are we talking about and are they bigger name solutions (BazaarVoice/PowerReviews, etc)? I don't want to make another change just to find out 2 months from now that something is more integrated and works better for SEO/Google Product Ratings and start yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by schoolsin View Post
          For what it's worth, my Yotpo is still working / I had reviews posted as recently as yesterday
          I have overseas customers who think it's a place to enter request for quotes, product help, etc but that's a totally different issue. Google shopping picks them up as well.

2 other thoughts on your last sentence...

If you are looking for Google-recognized feedback I highly recommend the bizrate survey thing. You put a little deposit into a bizrate account and when the order closes the user gets a request for a survey. Note google only picks up survey results with free form comments, they don't recognize bizrate "star-only" surveys (took a while to figure that out!)

Another thing I'm doing is a follow-on email (7 days post sale) with a link back to Google survey (that's the "x reviews" you see under your company name when you Google your company name). It's HARD getting people to fill out surveys as it's been slow going but I figure trying these 3 things is better than nothing!

-problem with this approach= not everyone has google signon (but getting better every day, google plus, gmail, youtube users, etc
          - you need to set up the follow on email correctly so that the link takes them straight to review...this does the trick here
          https://plus.google.com/+YOURGOOGLEP...en-US&review=1

IF they click the link...
          and IF they are signed on to their Google/gmail/youtube, etc account, it will take them straight to your google plus page, it will effectively click the review pencil, and they'll be ready to enter a free form review. We also enclose post cards with each order asking them to review.

There's my karma deposit for the week.

Comment

Is there any other review systems that integrate with Miva that will automatically request reviews after x days after purchase?
            Power Reviews Express does this and does it well. Obviously their corporate acquisition, DOJ issue and subsequent spin off threw them for a loop, but their module/integration/product has worked great the whole time (for what it is).
            Last edited by Rick Wilson; 11-10-14, 01:57 PM.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

What kind of time frame are we talking about and are they bigger name solutions (BazaarVoice/PowerReviews, etc)? I don't want to make another change just to find out 2 months from now that something is more integrated and works better for SEO/Google Product Ratings and start yet again.
              I will release more information as soon as possible. In the meantime, Yotpo should continue to work as stated, unless they come down with a major API change.

Comment

Just found this post after encountering a checkout error r/t Yotpo.

Today I contacted a customer that had placed 2 identical orders. She said she thought the first hadn't gone through because she got an error message after submitting payment info. So I placed a test order using Faux Order to see if other customers might be experiencing issues at checkout.
                The order went through on the admin end, but instead of the invoice page, I got the following error:
                Runtime error in miva/5.00/modules/system/Yotpo.mvc@ [00000020:0000014e];yotpo.mv: Line1204:MvCall: unable to open url 'https://api.yotpo.com/oauth/token': Error establishing SSL connection: no start line
                On the storefront side, Yotpo has been working fine. I had actually signed up for a paying account when it was first promoted by Miva, had excellent help with integration, and then just when everything was up and running, was told that Yotpo would no longer be providing support for Miva shopping carts.

Is this something I can remedy short of discontinuing Yotpo? Anyone, anyone??

Thanks, Diana
                Diana Hall
                http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

Diana,

What version of the Yotpo module are you running? While the module has been pulled from all resources at this point, someone may have the latest version if yours is not up to date to at least get you rolling again.

Long term the module will most likely fail at some point. It is technically possible to implement Yotpo without the module, and with Miva Merchant 9 having a BCC field in the template based email notifications, you might be able to get the email after purchase functionality working with that method.

That said, they have clearly stated they are no longer supporting Miva Merchant, so a risk assement is highly recommended.

There is a good chance we will see new ratings and reviews solutions in the near future that you can transition to.

Comment

We have officially released our new GD Ratings and Reviews module for Miva: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...views&p=428531

Comment

As I ready myself to purchase either GD or Phosphor review solution I noticed that on Miva app store Miva uses http://www.powerreviewsexpress.com/
                      Is that integrated with Miva?
                      Anyone see an advantage of that/ seems pricey, per month charge all that.

Comment

Yes PRE works with Miva, but we'd actually switch to one of the new ones if we had the time.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]
                        https://www.miva.com

Comment

One disadvantage (from our viewpoint and most likely Glendale's as well) is that your reviews are hosted elsewhere and pulled back in to your site. This means that you cannot as easily manage and edit the reviews, and if you wish to export them and even switch to another system, it is not straightforward and sometimes difficult or impossible. For example, we have customers using RateVoice who need to get their reviews out of that system, and so far no response from the company.

From what we know, Google will give more weight to reviews that are actually on your site vs. hosted elsewhere.

One advantage of PowerReviews might be a certain amount of flexibility. They work across all kinds of platforms.

As far as integration though, our Easy Reviews or Glendale's Rating and Reviews both are integrated at the template level, potentially giving store owners the ultimate in tweakability.
                          Gordon Currie
                          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yes PRE works with Miva, but we'd actually switch to one of the new ones if we had the time.
                            I can make some time to get you switched over to GD Ratings & Reviews ;)

One disadvantage (from our viewpoint and most likely Glendale's as well) is that your reviews are hosted elsewhere and pulled back in to your site. This means that you cannot as easily manage and edit the reviews, and if you wish to export them and even switch to another system, it is not straightforward and sometimes difficult or impossible. For example, we have customers using RateVoice who need to get their reviews out of that system, and so far no response from the company.
                            This is by design on the part of most ratings and reviews services in order to become an approved third party product and seller rating review aggregator for the Pay Per Click side of things. In order to get approved by Google in this case, all ratings and reviews must be approved, good or bad, with the exception of things like language, duplicates etc., and they cannot be edited meaning that you as a store owner cannot have access to the database. (some services use this as a reason to not provide an export)

The side effect as Gordon pointed out is services like PRE call the reviews in via javascript widget and rely on SEO mini-sites to get reviews indexed for display in organic search results. (a lot of them charge extra for this feature) The case could be made that actual on-site hosted/tagged reviews have a better chance of showing up vs. those indexed through the service's mini-sites, which are usually on a sub-domain.

So where does this put users that want Seller and Product Listing Ratings? One source of approved Seller Ratings is Google Trusted Stores: http://apps.miva.com/product/GD-GTS.html If your store can meet the guidelines, this is an excellent alternative to going through one of the services in conjunction with one of the available ratings and reviews modules for Miva. We also plan on including product listing exports in the next update release of our module, which requires that you go through an approval process first: https://services.google.com/fb/forms/productreviews Google still requires that you approve all good and bad reviews, they want to see them all, but they have yet to lock this down to the point that they have on Seller Ratings. If you do get approved, highly recommend sticking to the rules.

In the end, the two new modules cover most usage cases in the Miva Merchant community. Those with extensive Adwords/Pay Per Click budgets/requirements may need to go an extra step or two vs. using one of the services.

If anyone has any further questions on this topic, please feel free to reach out to us.
                            Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 03-30-15, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I canned Yotpo and went to GD solution works great
                              But 2 weeks out I still get emails that I'm getting new surveys from Yotpo
                              I'm thinking there's a queue somewhere with emails in it, still being sent by Yotpo
                              I cancelled my subscription but then I morphed down to the free subscription. I took all the Yotpo code off my Miva site

Anyone else have this once they ditched Yotpo? I'm thinking I could just wait it out but sure would be nice not to bug my customers

Comment

Hey Dutch,

It's possible to still have Yotpo followup emails in the queue, however make sure the module is fully removed from the store.

Glad to hear our Ratings & Reviews module is working great for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X