Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Talia,

I just installed the module on one of my store. I went over the both documentation (came with module and on your site) and I don't see anywhere that talk about how to implement the two scripts below. Also, on my yotpo admin screen, I don't see a miva platform to select. I see other platform including other. Do I select other as the platform?

Conversion Tracking: <mvt:item name="yotpo" param="convert" />
    Rich Snippets: <mvt:item name="yotpo" param="richsnippet" />

Comment

Hey kitdang!

Thanks for your question.

I just checked in with the Support team about your scripts question and we saw you had an open ticket with them, so they are responding to you right now. For everyone else, we're going to make it clearer on the documentation.

If you sign up through Miva Merchant's app store, you should bypass the step that asks for your platform (though Miva Merchant will be added as a choice this Thursday, after our weekly deployment).

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Talia from Yotpo View Post
        Hey Joe,

We are in the process of building our Rich Snippet integration for Miva Merchant, it should be ready in a few weeks.

Importing existing reviews is a super-easy process and it's included in our free packages.

Please let me know if you have any other questions either here or by emailing me at [email protected]

Thanks!
        Adding schema is a pretty simple process if you know what you're doing. Is Yotpo all javascript? Or can our developers add schema to the product page? I used several sources to help with the schema.org requirements. If this forum allows me to add links here are a few that I used...

Here is a link to create schema reviews....
        http://schema-creator.org/review.php

Here is another link for Miva but its for products not reviews...
        http://www.ten23media.com/2011/09/ho...-product-page/

Here is another Miva one...
        http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...-image-machine

Hope this helps.
        Semper Fi

Comment

If you're referring to the ability to have rich snippets via reviews powered by Yotpo, I believe you're going to have a hard time with that right now with the current module. When is that going to be available? And what account level will be necessary for that?
          Last edited by zquintana; 06-11-14, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Google Seller Ratings integration is offered as a part of our (very affordable) Premium packages which you can also try free for 30 days.
            Are you saying that the Free Basic Plan does not include the Mail After Purchase technology, which automatically emails shoppers at a set time after the sale to request a review?

Is there a way to cancel the email on select orders? i.e. I would not want to send the email to customers who have canceled their order or those that have a very long wait on a backorder.
            Bronson Design Studio, LLC
            Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by zquintana View Post
              If you're referring to the ability to have rich snippets via reviews powered by Yotpo, I believe you're going to have a hard time with that right now with the current module. When is that going to be available? And what account level will be necessary for that?

Hey zquintana,

You're right, we don't support Rich Snippets on Miva Merchant yet and I don't have an ETA to give you right now.

When we do, it will be a part of our Premium plans which start at $30/month.

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
                Are you saying that the Free Basic Plan does not include the Mail After Purchase technology, which automatically emails shoppers at a set time after the sale to request a review?

Is there a way to cancel the email on select orders? i.e. I would not want to send the email to customers who have canceled their order or those that have a very long wait on a backorder.

The free plan does include the Mail After Purchase (MAP).

The MAP is triggered by an order status (in this case "shipped"). So people who cancelled their orders will not receive a MAP and the MAP will not be sent until an order is updated to "shipped" status.

Comment

The MAP is triggered by an order status (in this case "shipped"). So people who cancelled their orders will not receive a MAP and the MAP will not be sent until an order is updated to "shipped" status.
                  Fantastic!

The free plan does include the Mail After Purchase (MAP).
                  So if the free plan does include the Mail After Purchase (MAP), I would think that Google Seller Ratings would follow. What exactly does your integration offered as a part of your Premium packages provide in the way of Google Seller Ratings that is above and beyond the basic plan?

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
                    Fantastic!

So if the free plan does include the Mail After Purchase (MAP), I would think that Google Seller Ratings would follow. What exactly does your integration offered as a part of your Premium packages provide in the way of Google Seller Ratings that is above and beyond the basic plan?
                    Google Seller Ratings are only included in the Premium plans.

Our Free plans focus on generating reviews, using tools like our MAP and targeted review requests (for site reviews).

Our Premium is more of a marketing suite including SEO tools (like Google Seller Ratings), Social tools (like the ability to publish your reviews on Facebook), Community tools (like Commenting on reviews and Community Q&A) and advanced customization and account management.

Comment

All,

Just wanted to give some feedback on our implementation of Yotpo in one of our store. The install process is very straight forward. It really is took less than 5 minutes to get it working. However, we have a lot of issues with the Mail After Purchase (MAP). Since we are not using the built-in Miva status, the MAP will not work as it rely on the built-in status to trigger email via the shipped status.

Would love to test more but that's as far as we can go with this module.

Thanks
                      Kit

Comment

Originally posted by kitdang View Post
                        All,

Just wanted to give some feedback on our implementation of Yotpo in one of our store. The install process is very straight forward. It really is took less than 5 minutes to get it working. However, we have a lot of issues with the Mail After Purchase (MAP). Since we are not using the built-in Miva status, the MAP will not work as it rely on the built-in status to trigger email via the shipped status.

Would love to test more but that's as far as we can go with this module.

Thanks
                        Kit
                        Hey Kit,

Thanks you so much -- we really appreciate you taking the time to try Yotpo and give us feedback (we'd love to hear from all of you!).

Based on your feedback, we are making updates to the module.

I will keep everyone posted here.

Comment

FYI (cause i wish somebody else posted this first)

When on step 6 . “Select the Yotpo Product Reviews tab and either select register for a new Yotpo account or login if you already have an account. Then click on Update.” I get the following error…
                          Runtime error in Merchant2/5.00/modules/system/yotpo.mvc @ [00000008:00000246]: yotpo.mv: Line 666: MvCALL: SSL Read Timeout

The issue has already been reported, and both Yotpo's QA and development team are working on resolveing this matter.

Comment

Are the product reviews that are generated saved in the Miva database or are they stored at Yotpo? Is there any way to export them once they're created?

Comment

Talia
                              It might help others who end up reading this thread later to answer a few questions framed in a such a way most Miva store owners/developers would understand.

QUESTION 1: Yotpo advertises a Miva integrated solution AND a BCC/Mail after purchase solution. Is it safe to assume that the bcc solution is only used when you have a store that is NOT integrated between Miva and Yotpo? In other words the BCC solution is sort of a 'work around' to the unintegrated?

QUESTION 2: What triggers the email going out to the customer? When the Miva order status is changed from PENDING to SHIPPED? What happens to orders in Miva that aren't switched from PENDING to SHIPPED? They never get the email?

QUESTION 3: can you explain the process (arrows, flow chart helpful!) how a review goes live and appears on our store? I know there are some ways to moderate reviews and even block abusive reviewers. How does that work? How fast do reviews go "live" on our site.

Comment

I can help answer one of these.

QUESTION 2: What triggers the email going out to the customer? When the Miva order status is changed from PENDING to SHIPPED? What happens to orders in Miva that aren't switched from PENDING to SHIPPED? They never get the email?
                                Currently that's exactly how it works, but I'm working with Yotpo to add an optional "Email after X Days regardless of Status" feature.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]
                                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                                X