Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Free Module] Generate tons of reviews with Yotpo.

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
    FYI (cause i wish somebody else posted this first)

When on step 6 . “Select the Yotpo Product Reviews tab and either select register for a new Yotpo account or login if you already have an account. Then click on Update.” I get the following error…
    Runtime error in Merchant2/5.00/modules/system/yotpo.mvc @ [00000008:00000246]: yotpo.mv: Line 666: MvCALL: SSL Read Timeout

The issue has already been reported, and both Yotpo's QA and development team are working on resolveing this matter.

Thanks, papi34!

Comment

Originally posted by benjamintr View Post
      Are the product reviews that are generated saved in the Miva database or are they stored at Yotpo? Is there any way to export them once they're created?
      Hey benjamin,

Thanks for your question!

Reviews are stored at Yotpo and can be easily exported.

Comment

Originally posted by dutch View Post
        Talia
        It might help others who end up reading this thread later to answer a few questions framed in a such a way most Miva store owners/developers would understand.

QUESTION 1: Yotpo advertises a Miva integrated solution AND a BCC/Mail after purchase solution. Is it safe to assume that the bcc solution is only used when you have a store that is NOT integrated between Miva and Yotpo? In other words the BCC solution is sort of a 'work around' to the unintegrated?

QUESTION 2: What triggers the email going out to the customer? When the Miva order status is changed from PENDING to SHIPPED? What happens to orders in Miva that aren't switched from PENDING to SHIPPED? They never get the email?

QUESTION 3: can you explain the process (arrows, flow chart helpful!) how a review goes live and appears on our store? I know there are some ways to moderate reviews and even block abusive reviewers. How does that work? How fast do reviews go "live" on our site.
        Hey dutch,

Thanks for all these questions!

1) You're totally correct here. The BCC feature is a workaround for stores that are not on one of our supported platforms and have integrated via our API.

2) Rick's right about this. Right now, e-mails are triggered to go out at a set time after a "Shipped" status. But we are working on a version that will give Miva store owners more customization and control here.

3) There are two ways a review can be published. Not sure we need a flow chart, but let me know if it's not clear.

a) Automatically -- you can set reviews of a certain score to auto-publish (Default for free is 5 stars, Premium can choose other star ratings to auto-publish). This means if you have selected to auto-publish reviews, all 5-star reviews will automatically go directly on your store.

b) Manually -- Whenever you get a new review, you'll receive a notification email from Yotpo. There is a button that allows you to publish from directly within the email. You can also manually publish from within the Yotpo admin using our Moderation tool (where you can bulk Publish as well)

Hope this helps, please let me know if anything is unclear!

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone here know, we updated the extension in the Miva app store. This version solves the issue we were having with Mail After Purchases not being sent, but only for orders marked as "Shipped" status. As I mentioned above, we're working to create a version with more customization in terms of what triggers MAPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Talia from Yotpo View Post
            Hey dutch,

Thanks for all these questions!

1) You're totally correct here. The BCC feature is a workaround for stores that are not on one of our supported platforms and have integrated via our API.
            ok so I shouldn't have the yotpo address on the BCC field of order emails I get from Miva? cuz that's how I'm set up now

a) Automatically -- you can set reviews of a certain score to auto-publish (Default for free is 5 stars, Premium can choose other star ratings to auto-publish). This means if you have selected to auto-publish reviews, all 5-star reviews will automatically go directly on your store.

b) Manually -- Whenever you get a new review, you'll receive a notification email from Yotpo. There is a button that allows you to publish from directly within the email. You can also manually publish from within the Yotpo admin using our Moderation tool (where you can bulk Publish as well)

Hope this helps, please let me know if anything is unclear!
            Where is this administered, on yotpo website or via miva module?

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone here know, we updated the extension in the Miva app store.
              Has the following bug been fixed in the new update? I have not heard back on this.

When on step 6 . “Select the Yotpo Product Reviews tab and either select register for a new Yotpo account or login if you already have an account. Then click on Update.” I get the following error…
              Runtime error in Merchant2/5.00/modules/system/yotpo.mvc @ [00000008:00000246]: yotpo.mv: Line 666: MvCALL: SSL Read Timeout
              Bronson Design Studio, LLC
              Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
                Has the following bug been fixed in the new update? I have not heard back on this.

Hey,

This bug has not been fixed yet, but we're working on it.

The workaround for now is to create an account at yotpo.com and choose "other" for platform. Then follow the installation instructions here: http://support.yotpo.com/entries/460...allation-Guide

Comment

ok so I shouldn't have the yotpo address on the BCC field of order emails I get from Miva? cuz that's how I'm set up now

Where is this administered, on yotpo website or via miva module?
                  1) Nope, you shouldn't have Yotpo as a BCC

2) Reviews moderation is done in the Yotpo admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                    I can help answer one of these.

Currently that's exactly how it works, but I'm working with Yotpo to add an optional "Email after X Days regardless of Status" feature.
                    Hi Rick -

Does it matter how the order status is changed in Miva - through Admin or a 3rd party module?

Thanks,
                    Paul
                    Paul

Comment

Couple other items after working with them a bit
                      1- they are based in Israel (7 hours ahead of US east coast GMT +2) and appear to run support out of Israel. FYI in case you initiate support and wonder. Response has been pretty quick though
                      2- there are 2 types of reviews Yotpo captures. Site review + product review. Site review is just a generic review on the site itself, experience, etc. Product reviews populate on individual items. You control what percentage of review requests that get sent out are product reviews VS site reviews
                      3- For site reviews, there's a way you can import a maximum of 1500 email addresses for past or pre-implementation orders. Yotpo then sends an email requesting a 'site' review. So that's sort of nice if you want to get some reviews up on the site on your past orders.
                      4- there's a way you can set up a minisite for google to crawl containing your reviews.

I also use Bizrate review service. Bizrate is free, pops up after buyers complete a sale. Problem with bizrate is that google only captures and publishes bizrate surveys IFF (* if and only if for you non-math nerds) you have words in your surveys.

Comment

Does it matter how the order status is changed in Miva - through Admin or a 3rd party module?
                        I haven't personally tested that, but it shouldn't matter.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]
                        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                          I haven't personally tested that, but it shouldn't matter.
                          Thanks.
                          Paul

Comment

1- they are based in Israel (7 hours ahead of US east coast GMT +2) and appear to run support out of Israel. FYI in case you initiate support and wonder. Response has been pretty quick though
                            2- there are 2 types of reviews Yotpo captures. Site review + product review. Site review is just a generic review on the site itself, experience, etc. Product reviews populate on individual items. You control what percentage of review requests that get sent out are product reviews VS site reviews
                            3- For site reviews, there's a way you can import a maximum of 1500 email addresses for past or pre-implementation orders. Yotpo then sends an email requesting a 'site' review. So that's sort of nice if you want to get some reviews up on the site on your past orders.
                            4- there's a way you can set up a minisite for google to crawl containing your reviews.

I also use Bizrate review service. Bizrate is free, pops up after buyers complete a sale. Problem with bizrate is that google only captures and publishes bizrate surveys IFF (* if and only if for you non-math nerds) you have words in your surveys.

Dutch, thanks for taking the time to collect and share this info about Yotpo.
                            You Miva users are a really engaged group and we love it!

Comment

Hey guys,

Just updated the module in the Miva App Store. Anxious to hear from you all how it's working!

Comment

#2 - How do you control the percentage of product reviews VS site reviews? I only see a template for product reviews. Is this a premium only feature? Edit: now I see it under general settings. It was grayed out because it is a premium feature.

#4 - Can you explain more about this? I could not find any info in the admin on it.

Edit: I must say...the more I played around with this module today, the more impressed I became. There are a ton of excellent features available; very well thought out piece of software. We've used BizRate, Resellerratings and Trustpilot in the past, and I think Yotpo is the best. Although, I did notice that Targeted Review Request emails are not displaying correctly when opened up in Outlook 2010 on a windows 7 machine.
                                Last edited by papi34; 06-26-14, 02:07 PM.
                                Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                                Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Working...
                                X