Customer Service Portal Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Service Portal Module

Is there a module for a customer support portal that works with a Miva Merchant store? Or can anyone recommend some kind of customer communication module or software?

We often have to perform support before and after an order is delivered, and while email may be simple it has its drawbacks.

Thank you
    Last edited by Mark Stephens; 05-29-14, 02:16 PM.

Re: Customer Service Portal Module

You can use Custom Order Fields to do this (is how I've seen it done most often), but if you can elaborate more on what you need I can help point you in the right direction.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Wonderful, thank you. Maybe I should explain.

We have a customer service team of 3 people. Right now, they simply answer emails as they come in to a general customer support email address and they share the load. As you can imagine, from time to time a message from a customer gets missed or lost or spam filtered, therefore never gets answered. I don't want any customers getting the impression they're being ignored or unappreciated. So I'm wondering about a portal, much like what you have for Miva Merchant support, but I would want it tied to the store so my customers don't need one login for the store and another login for the portal.

That's the basic impetus for my search. I'm curious what the options are.

Thank you.

Comment

Most "service portal modules" support creating a ticket via email. So, for an easy solution one would simply have to create a fulfillment email (using the template email system) to send the portal an email ticket on behalf of the customer. You'd then configure the portal to respond to the customer based on that email.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Okay, perfect. Is there a portal module for Miva Merchant?

Comment

I have never seen an off the shelf one, but depending on the scope I'm sure you could build a system (based on custom fields), integrate with an existing system like Kayako Fusion which is what we use for Support (but we don't integrate it with our store) or something along these lines.

One thing you could do is use Template Based Emails to trigger an email upon each sale to a system like Kayako and that would automatically open a "ticket" for each sale. You could include instructions in that for communicating with the customer.

So while not "in Miva" you could easily automate creating a ticket for each sale or for each customer (if you used If/then logic to only issue the ticket opening email for a new customer).
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

I understand.
              Thanks for the advice, gents!

Comment

We have used HESK (hesk.com) for many years and love it. It only costs $40 so I almost didn't even try it but it is way underpriced for what it does IMO. It incorporates a knowledge base and will suggest articles based on the customers question. It has saved thousands of hours of answering the same questions over and over. It is not integrated with Miva but we just add our Miva header to the hesk template and it looks just like a regular Miva page.

Comment

Working...
                X