X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.0001 Support Thread

Originally posted by khansen View Post
    This error is from eBay. Can you go to the Marketplace - eBay Log Console tab under utilities and find the log where the error exists and tell us what the Event is? This will help us narrow down the issue.

Thanks,
    Kyle Hansen
    Miva Software Developer
    Hi

Here is the error log

Timestamp: 06/24/2014 17:49:10 PDT
    User ID: .......
    Event: VerifyAddFixedPriceItem
    Type: API Request
    Code: 20400
    Message: Invalid request encoding. Please use utf-8 encoding and eliminate any non utf-8 encoding in request content.

Comment

Originally posted by Hofer View Post
      Hi

Here is the error log

Timestamp: 06/24/2014 17:49:10 PDT
      User ID: .......
      Code: 20400
      Message: Invalid request encoding. Please use utf-8 encoding and eliminate any non utf-8 encoding in request content.
      It looks to be that eBay does not allow non utf-8 characters on your item settings. It is most likely the Description field on your Marketplace - eBay Listing Settings tab. Let me know if you need further assistance.
      [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

It looks to be that eBay does not allow non utf-8 characters on your item settings. It is most likely the Description field on your Marketplace - eBay Listing Settings tab. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Hi

Ok, I removed the characters from the description and it passed that point sending the listing but now is telling me that the package weight is missing. The only place I dont have a weight is in the attributes tab. The weight is the same as the main product weight.

Code: 717
        Message: The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight.

Comment

Kyle,

I have attached three images for you. In the admin image I am seeing the 30 days you mentioned (plus or minus time) for all listings with and without attributes that you mentioned in your post below. However, when I view the actual listing itself is where I am seeing the discrepancy in the Listing Duration time.

I hope the images help.

I just listing a regular listing and variation listing with Duration of Good Until Cancelled, and see that on eBay it shows that for both.

On our listings list on tabs Marketplace - eBay Product Listings or Marketplace - eBay Listings it will show only 30 days or less for time left as eBay gives us that time, but upon the 30 days expiring it will extend it another 30 days.

Where are you seeing that it is only good for 30 days?

Thanks,

Kyle Hansen
          Miva Software Developer
          Attached Files
          Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
          (770) 441-9447
          The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
          http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Hi

Ok, I removed the characters from the description and it passed that point sending the listing but now is telling me that the package weight is missing. The only place I dont have a weight is in the attributes tab. The weight is the same as the main product weight.

Code: 717
            Message: The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight.

This error is because the shipping policy selected on the Detail you are using is a calculated shipping policy. Ensure that on the detail the Calculated Shipping Policy is checked. You can edit your detail by going to Utilities -> Marketplace - eBay Details tab, then click on the Detail title you need to edit.
            [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
              Kyle,

I have attached three images for you. In the admin image I am seeing the 30 days you mentioned (plus or minus time) for all listings with and without attributes that you mentioned in your post below. However, when I view the actual listing itself is where I am seeing the discrepancy in the Listing Duration time.

I hope the images help.
              When you created the variation listing, did you change the category after you created the regular listing? Each category allows for different listing durations. Check the listing settings on the main product and ensure that the Duration is set to Good Until Cancelled. The category you used does support Good Until Cancelled I noticed. Can you ensure that on your main products listing settings that the Listing Duration is set to Good Until Cancelled. Thanks
              [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

This error is because the shipping policy selected on the Detail you are using is a calculated shipping policy. Ensure that on the detail the Calculated Shipping Policy is checked. You can edit your detail by going to Utilities -> Marketplace - eBay Details tab, then click on the Detail title you need to edit.
                Here is a capture of what the details looks like. Does the shipping options list correctly? there are multiple methods on one line..

http://screencast.com/t/mw4DsNo9q

Comment

Here is a capture of what the details looks like. Does the shipping options list correctly? there are multiple methods on one line..

http://screencast.com/t/mw4DsNo9q
                  Each policy name is listed in the dropdown as its own option. If you go to your business policies in your eBay account you can edit and see the names of each policy. It seems that your policies are listed correctly. Your policy names may be what is a little confusing. If those are not the names of your policies please let me know. Thanks.
                  [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Thanks for the mod Rick. I have gotten as far as creating ebay listing details. When I bring up the listing details dialog to create, it does not reflect the three policies I've created within my sandbox/seller account, so I can go no further. Any suggestions? Thank you.
                    Tim S. Raisbeck, owner
                    Charlotte’s Saddlery Inc.

11623A Katy Freeway
                    Houston, Texas 77079

http://www.charlottes-saddlery.com
                    Proudly Serving the Equine Industry for Over 35 Years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast View Post
                      Thanks for the mod Rick. I have gotten as far as creating ebay listing details. When I bring up the listing details dialog to create, it does not reflect the three policies I've created within my sandbox/seller account, so I can go no further. Any suggestions? Thank you.
                      It could be that the detail Site you selected is not valid with the policies you have set up on your account. Ensure that you have the correct account selected and the site matches the policies sites.
                      [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

It could be that the detail Site you selected is not valid with the policies you have set up on your account. Ensure that you have the correct account selected and the site matches the policies sites.
                        Still nothing. Those fields do not populate. I have even deleted the sandbox user account and created it again.
                        Tim S. Raisbeck, owner
                        Charlotte’s Saddlery Inc.

11623A Katy Freeway
                        Houston, Texas 77079

http://www.charlottes-saddlery.com
                        Proudly Serving the Equine Industry for Over 35 Years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast View Post
                          Still nothing. Those fields do not populate. I have even deleted the sandbox user account and created it again.
                          Would you mind opening up a ticket with our support team so we can take a look into your store and possibly set up call logging. Thanks. Link this thread in the ticket.
                          [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Kyle,

Listing Duration was set to Good Until Cancelled before variation listings were created and is still set as Good Until Cancelled. No category changes were made after the initial creation and settings confirmations.

When you created the variation listing, did you change the category after you created the regular listing? Each category allows for different listing durations. Check the listing settings on the main product and ensure that the Duration is set to Good Until Cancelled. The category you used does support Good Until Cancelled I noticed. Can you ensure that on your main products listing settings that the Listing Duration is set to Good Until Cancelled. Thanks
                            Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                            (770) 441-9447
                            The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
                            http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
                              Kyle,

Listing Duration was set to Good Until Cancelled before variation listings were created and is still set as Good Until Cancelled. No category changes were made after the initial creation and settings confirmations.
                              I cannot determine how this happened. I know you can revise the listing through eBay and perhaps change the duration there. For now, we can try to set up call logging and attempt to get the same issue, or wait till it happens again with one of your listings which will tell us whether it was eBay or our module. Let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks
                              [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Hi

I have things set up correctly on my business policies and selected correctly on my site but am still getting the error. I created a flat rate shipping on ebay with calculated postate for international customers. I created the Ebay listing detail for this but am still getting the error message. I have tried selecting and deselecting the calculated shipping box.

The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight

Comment

Working...
                                X