Miva / Ebay / Variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva / Ebay / Variations

First let me say I love the concept of the Ebay / Miva integration. Excited to begin working with it, we unfortunately came up with a few big limitations for us at least.

1) Unless I am missing something, we were unable to set Variations. Size, Colors etc.
    Now I see tab within Miva to "Create Variation Listing", but it didn't appear this would address the issues of variances. When we created the first listing, all was exported without fail, and at this point we just went to Ebay to create these variances of color and sizes. Unfortunately it appears after a listing is created, you cant add "Multiple Variations", it can only be done at the creation of the listing itself. When adding another listing, using Ebays "Multiple Variations" of item allowed us to add sizes, colors PLUS the amount of inventory for each variable. I did not see anyway to achieve this via Miva side. I sincerely hope I missed something and this will work.

2) Noticed also, once a listing is created Miva side and listing went live, it didn't appear if I made an alteration to say the description and updating it would change the information on live Ebay listing. Ultimately having to go to Ebay revise listing to adjust.

This integration is truly awesome, when I saw this i was extremely excited as far as the ease goes. I hope I just missed how parts of this functions and these abilities are there...
    Last edited by Datagg; 06-29-14, 05:18 PM.
    Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
    Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Re: Miva / Ebay / Variations

I've asked Dev to chime in on number 1, I think you're missing something.

#2 is coming later.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      I've asked Dev to chime in on number 1, I think you're missing something.

#2 is coming later.
      Thank you Rick.
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Datagg View Post
        First let me say I love the concept of the Ebay / Miva integration. Excited to begin working with it, we unfortunately came up with a few big limitations for us at least.

1) Unless I am missing something, we were unable to set Variations. Size, Colors etc.
        Now I see tab within Miva to "Create Variation Listing", but it didn't appear this would address the issues of variances. When we created the first listing, all was exported without fail, and at this point we just went to Ebay to create these variances of color and sizes. Unfortunately it appears after a listing is created, you cant add "Multiple Variations", it can only be done at the creation of the listing itself. When adding another listing, using Ebays "Multiple Variations" of item allowed us to add sizes, colors PLUS the amount of inventory for each variable. I did not see anyway to achieve this via Miva side. I sincerely hope I missed something and this will work.

2) Noticed also, once a listing is created Miva side and listing went live, it didn't appear if I made an alteration to say the description and updating it would change the information on live Ebay listing. Ultimately having to go to Ebay revise listing to adjust.

This integration is truly awesome, when I saw this i was extremely excited as far as the ease goes. I hope I just missed how parts of this functions and these abilities are there...
        1. It could be that the category you listed in does not support variations. Create Variation Listings pulls the variations from your products attributes/options. Added variations after the listing is created can only be done on the eBay side, since this variation has no way of revising a listing. The module documentation found on http://www.mivamerchant.com/marketplaces has a section for creating variation listings with inventory.

2. We do not support alterations/revisions from the miva side. This feature will likely be in the next iteration of the module. Currently any revisions must be done on the eBay side.

Thank you for your questions and kind words.
        [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Thanks Kyle. Was able to get a listing up using size attributes. Next try with size and color. Question on price. I notice when i put a product up via ebay side, final insertion shows .30c, yet when i do it Miva side it shows .60c. Same type of product, same ctgy, same amount of images. Just wondering why the difference. Thanks again.
          Dan

Comment

I believe we only get back the "max possible price" via eBay from their API. So this is what it "could" cost you not counting any discounts, or specials on your account (as I understand it).

It is confusing though and we need to see if we can fix it.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Kyle. Was able to get a listing up using size attributes. Next try with size and color. Question on price. I notice when i put a product up via ebay side, final insertion shows .30c, yet when i do it Miva side it shows .60c. Same type of product, same ctgy, same amount of images. Just wondering why the difference. Thanks again.
              We have had a couple statements on the fee difference. I am looking more into this issue and will notify everyone when I find why there is a difference.
              [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Kyle, ok trying one now with 2 variables. Pressing "create Variation Listing" brings up picture attribute of "size" or "color" (which the product is set up for) ... Leaving it on "size" and "fixed" entering 3 in the field, it says "Variations Specifics and Item Specifics entered for a Multi-SKU item should be different."

I tried selecting "color" then filled in 3, same results. Any ideas what im doing wrong. Thanks
                Dan

Comment

Kyle, ok trying one now with 2 variables. Pressing "create Variation Listing" brings up picture attribute of "size" or "color" (which the product is set up for) ... Leaving it on "size" and "fixed" entering 3 in the field, it says "Variations Specifics and Item Specifics entered for a Multi-SKU item should be different."

I tried selecting "color" then filled in 3, same results. Any ideas what im doing wrong. Thanks
                  This error is from your Item Specifics on your main product matching some of your variation types. For instance, you are listing size and color, this means the you cannot have Size or Color as a item specific on the main product. Basically any attribute name you are listing in the variation cannot exist as an Item Specific on the main product.
                  [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by khansen View Post
                    This error is from your Item Specifics on your main product matching some of your variation types. For instance, you are listing size and color, this means the you cannot have Size or Color as a item specific on the main product. Basically any attribute name you are listing in the variation cannot exist as an Item Specific on the main product.
                    Bingo!!...As always you genius bro. Thanks
                    Dan

Comment

Kyle, is there a situation where the variances for each would be exported wrong. let me explain, I just sent up a product that has 65 variances. For instance, Small Blue, 7 units, Small Royal 5 units, Large Blue, 7 units etc...... Yet when sent up, they all showed a quantity of 1. I manually at Ebay adjusted so all is good, yet I was wondering why it sent them all up with a value of 1 and not there respected quantities for each size/color combo. Even a couple that were out of stock was listed with a quantity of 1. Thanks
                      Last edited by Datagg; 06-30-14, 08:53 AM.
                      Dan

Comment

Kyle, is there a situation where the variances for each would be exported wrong. let me explain, I just sent up a product that has 65 variances. For instance, Small Blue, 7 units, Small Royal 5 units, Large Blue, 7 units etc...... Yet when sent up, they all showed a quantity of 1. I manually at Ebay adjusted so all is good, yet I was wondering why it sent them all up with a value of 1 and not there respected quantities for each size/color combo. Thanks
                        Currently there are two ways to send quantity to eBay for each variation.

1. Quantity of Fixed: Meaning for every variation we send the fixed quantity. For instance, it seems that you chose this option for Quantity and put in 1 as the quantity value

2. Percentage of the current inventory: Meaning for every variant we use the percentage value to determine the quantity to send. So if you specify a percentage of 100% then your 5 units for Small Royal will be sent and your Small Blue will send 7 units, etc... However, currently with this option all your variants in miva must have a inventory level above 0. You can send a percentage value higher than 100 as well.

There is talk on changing this in the future to allow the user to determine the quantity for each variation. Hope this brings clarity to your issue. Thanks
                        [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

thanks Kyle. So for the situation above if i did % 100, all would send as they are in inventory levels?... if its zero, its out of stock anyways, so i wouldn't even want that color/size combo to even show. I guess if it doesn't work with the control i need, I will just send them up and adjust quantities at ebay for each. Either way it seems quicker to get products up miva side then adjust if need be for the quantities.
                          Dan

Comment

thanks Kyle. So for the situation above if i did % 100, all would send as they are in inventory levels?... if its zero, its out of stock anyways, so i wouldn't even want that color/size combo to even show. I guess if it doesn't work with the control i need, I will just send them up and adjust quantities at ebay for each. Either way it seems quicker to get products up miva side then adjust if need be for the quantities.
                            There is talk about changing inventory allocation/quantity for variation listings. So I will take your comments to the discussion. Thank you.
                            Last edited by khansen; 06-30-14, 12:14 PM.
                            [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by khansen View Post
                              There is talk about changing inventory allocation/quantity for variation listings. So I will take your comments to the discussion. Thank you.
                              If that option was added things would be MUCH easier. Have a great week and thanks Rick and Kyle for all your help.
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X