Admin - columns do not size for content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin - columns do not size for content

This is probably a fit and finish issue, but thought I'd point it out.

When viewing tabular lists, it looks like many column widths are not being calculated correctly to accommodate their contents.

Attached is a screenshot that shows this.columns.JPG
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Re: Admin - columns do not size for content

Hi Gordon

The default column width for codes in many places is fairly short. However most if not all columns in mm9 are editable. You can make the columns wider, rearrange them, and change which columns are displayed. Any changes you make are then saved to your user account so the next time you visit that page it will display the same way you left it.

Hope this helps

-Eric
    Eric Foresman
    Software Tester
    Miva Merchant
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
    [email protected]

Comment

Re: Admin - columns do not size for content

Eric:

Thanks for the response. I was aware that I could resize, I didn't know it would persist.

That said, I think this behavior is a usability problem. It is not particularly discoverable. I would have gone with a wider default, to spare a larger amount of users the frustration of trying to figure it out and eventually (or not) getting it.
      Gordon Currie
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X