Shipping Table by Category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Table by Category

I have a category of products for which I'd like to use a quantity-based shipping table with rates set for either states, zones or zip codes. I can work with any of those. The hitch is that I want to isolate the shipping table to a single category of products. Is that possible with any current shipping modules?

Here's what's going on, maybe someone will have a better solution:

This category of products has the freight built into the price and we offer them as "Shipping Included." We used to pick a "happy medium" flat freight cost and factor that into the price of the product to cover the shipping cost. The problem we're trying to solve now is that these products are rather heavy (approx. 70 lbs) so the shipping cost to us varies wildly depending on where we're shipping to. We've been doing this for about 14 years and the variance between the farthest states and the closest states used to be much, much smaller than it is today. We'd eat about $5 shipping to the farthest parts of the country. Now it's more like $25, so the economics aren't working well. We don't want to price these products in so high that they cover the highest possible cost of freight -- need to stay competitive, and keep the cost reasonable for customers who are closest to us. So we're considering the concept of offering these products with freight included except to certain states that will have a simple flat rate additional charge. That's the current concept, anyway.

Any help?

Thanks!

Re: Shipping Table by Category

Take a look at Emporium Plus's Shipping by Product by Zip Code Zone. It offers Category and Product Overrides. You can use Miva Merchant's built in Shipping rules to filter the methods at the product level.
    http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Re: Shipping Table by Category

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
      X