Questions RE: Navigation Bars & Viewing Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions RE: Navigation Bars & Viewing Pages

I have two custom navigation bars (navbars) that I want at the top of every page, but have a few questions and would appreciate any assistance. The first navbar relates to customer accounts (ie, My Account, Cart, etc.) and the second is for product categories. I will need to tweak the two as I work to get my shop set up, so want the navbars in the global header where changes can be made in one place.

When I tried adding the code for them to the global header I just assumed that it would use the CSS files listed in the HEAD tag Content/CSS section of the page I was working on, but they were all messed up. So I guess I need to point to the CSS file for them within the global header code itself? If so, could you provide the code for including just the one related stylesheet (style.css) rather than the CSS list -- or do I need to include all CSS files?

Can I do custom link URLs or do I have to use those generated by Miva? For example, ABUS for About Us. In that page's code I see the following code: base href="&mvt:global:basehref;" / Is that where I would create the custom URL? If so, is it just the basehref part that I need to change for the page itself? Also, by doing so, will that negatively affect anything? Of course, I know I would need to change the URLs linked to on the navbars (the footer navbar in this case).

Regarding the product categories, where can I find the URLs that pertain to those? I don't see an area to customize the URLs or that even displays what the URLs will be for categories or products. I need all URLs so I can link the entries on my navbars to their corresponding pages/categories.

Regarding the navbar itself, when I go to the CTGY page within the admin area, I see that it includes "navbar" in the Items section, but I don't see that included in the cssui.css file. However, it IS included in my style.css file. When I go to edit "navbar" in the Items section, it shows the module as cmp-cssui-navbar. I'm assuming this is a Miva-generated navbar. If so, is there a way to integrate my custom navbars into it?

Also, how can I view the navbar as it appears and edit it to match my custom navbar? I'd like to be able to use whatever automated feature Miva has, but I do want to customize the way things look. However, I don't see a way to view a page as is so I know what needs to be changed -- at least not without making the page public so it shows when I click the View Store button.

When I use Dreamweaver to make changes and then view it in the browser, it doesn't include everything it should. For example, when I go to view the CTGY-prodlist-item.htm, it doesn't show the one product I currently have added. I can't even see how the product will be displayed because I don't know the URL for it. So, how do I view pages as they are without making them public?

Thanks in advance. =)

Nicole
    Last edited by Purple Iris Plaza; 07-15-14, 07:34 AM.

Re: Questions RE: Navigation Bars & Viewing Pages

UPDATE: I did find the sample URLs under the Domain Settings section. However, I tried both of the ones provided for my one product that I currently have added and both took me to the home page. I had created the home page on the MNTN template because that's where I initially started, so could it be because I'm in maintenance mode that it's not displaying the product page?

That actually brings me back to the question regarding how I view pages I'm working on without making them public. How am I supposed to know how my custom changes to, say, the product listing page are working if I can't view it?

Comment

Working...
    X