Recent Development: Amazon Payments not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Development: Amazon Payments not working properly

Recently (within the past week or so), we have been receiving emails from customers using Amazon Checkout with our Miva Store, stating that they are entering orders, but neither Amazon, nor Miva, shows any record. The customer does not show an order in their Amazon order history either. This is a new development, as Amazon has been totally reliable up until recently. Is there something we need to do on our end?

Here is the latest customer email, "I just try to order some items through Amazon and it looks like the order did not go through since the order did not show up on my Amazon Payments account activity page. I tried ordering another copy and the same thing happened to me again. Could you please help me out and if you can please cancel my second order?"

No orders were received on our end, and this is NOT the first customer to complain in the past week. Also, we have noted our sales through Amazon payments have dropped significantly. Any issues we need to be aware of?

Re: Recent Development: Amazon Payments not working properly

FWIW, I'm not having any reported issues with Amazon Payments. I still receive about the same amount each day.
    http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

I tested on your site and I was redirected to Amazon instead of logging in while on your site. You're using the older Checkout By Amazon module instead of the newer Amazon Payments module. You'll want to configure the newer module and deactivate Checkout By Amazon.

http://www.mivamerchant.com/videos/s...-miva-merchant
      Jim McCormick
      Miva Merchant Support
      866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Okay, you cannot deactivate the Checkout by Amazon (that is forbidden due to Store Morph technology). A few hours into this whole procedure and we now get error messages going to Amazon. I've had to manually go in and remove the links.

The video references things without showing where to find them on Amazon's site...I'm so totally confused now and I don't even know what to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by whona View Post
          Okay, you cannot deactivate the Checkout by Amazon (that is forbidden due to Store Morph technology). A few hours into this whole procedure and we now get error messages going to Amazon. I've had to manually go in and remove the links.
          Deactivate the module by expanding Global Settings, clicking on Modules and searching for Checkout By Amazon. Click Edit for the module, uncheck the Active box and click Update.

The video references things without showing where to find them on Amazon's site...I'm so totally confused now and I don't even know what to do next.
          When you go into your Amazon Account you need to choose Amazon Payments in the drop down box. Have you done that?
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
            Deactivate the module by expanding Global Settings, clicking on Modules and searching for Checkout By Amazon. Click Edit for the module, uncheck the Active box and click Update.

Thanks, I was trying from the payment settings...

When you go into your Amazon Account you need to choose Amazon Payments in the drop down box. Have you done that?
            If I log into sellercentral, the dropdown only shows Checkout by Amazon (production) and (sandbox) in the dropdowns.

Comment

If I log into sellercentral, the dropdown only shows Checkout by Amazon (production) and (sandbox) in the dropdowns.
              You will need to contact Amazon to have your account updated for Amazon Payments.

https://payments.amazon.com/contactusinfo
              Jim McCormick
              Miva Merchant Support
              866-284-9812

Comment

I have sent them the information and the request; will let you know when they respond.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend updating to the new Amazon Payments module until Miva 9 is released.
                  It has a major bug that will apparently not be fixed until Miva 9.

In a nutshell, it is not supposed to be possible for a declined payment to be passed to Miva from Amazon. But it happens.
                  This is especially a problem if you are using 3rd party order management software like Shipworks. Shipworks will download the order regardless of payment status and will not download updates to the payment status. Orders download to shipworks immediately, then you may ship them and later find out the Amazon payment was declined.

Orders first appear in Miva with "Pending" in the authorization state field. You would have to check for an "authorization state" update to either closed or declined. Pending means the payment hasn't cleared and hasn't declined yet. Closed means the payment cleared and declined means it didn't. Amazon says the update happens a few seconds after the initial download into Miva in the pending stare. However, in practice this normally takes at least a minute or two, and has taken as long as an hour.

Comment

That issue exists (much worse actually) in the old Checkout By Amazon.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                      That issue exists (much worse actually) in the old Checkout By Amazon.
                      That's a scary thought.

It's pretty frustrating and very costly regardless of the version.

Comment

Okay...I think I'm finally getting things set up. It says "Account Suspended," but I believe that is a temporary setup issue; am I correct?

Now, how do I put the Amazon buttons into the page? I've checked all our website pages and the button does not appear yet. I see documentation on Amazon's web manual about the button, but no actual code or anything.

I assume there is basic code that will have to be added to the Global Header in Miva, then some sort of individual widget code to go on the page where it is supposed to show up?
                        Last edited by whona; 07-25-14, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Okay...I think I'm finally getting things set up. It says "Account Suspended," but I believe that is a temporary setup issue; am I correct?

Now, how do I put the Amazon buttons into the page? I've checked all our website pages and the button does not appear yet. I see documentation on Amazon's web manual about the button, but no actual code or anything.

I assume there is basic code that will have to be added to the Global Header in Miva, then some sort of individual widget code to go on the page where it is supposed to show up?
                          Hello whona,

Please open up a support ticket by emailing [email protected], include a link to this forum thread in your email so we can take a look at getting your amazon buttons show up on your site.

Regards,
                          Rafael Buelna
                          Miva Support Engineer
                          800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
                          http://www.miva.com
                          http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

I replied to support and believe someone must have gotten the Amazon button to show up, but it still is not working.

When someone attempts to log in with Amazon payments, it does the pop up, but then loads an entirely new window back on our website's homepage. It does not proceed to any sort of checkout.

In the instant notifications settings in Amazon (in our sellercentral section) the following fields are blank (is this correct?):
                            Merchant URL:
                            Integrator URL:
                            Last edited by whona; 07-25-14, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Upon further investigation, it appears the problem occurs ONLY with Internet Explorer (and not with Google Chrome). Everything proceeds correctly with Google Chrome, but Internet Explorer returns to the home page, completely forgetting the Amazon login. What can I do?
                              Last edited by whona; 07-25-14, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X