Product Description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Description

Is there a way to have different 'product descriptions' for each 'inventory variant?' Right now the product description for the original product displays for all. Does this require a custom field? Are there any modules that would work?

http://ravenmaps.mivamerchant.net/mm...ode=california

I moved the 'product description' to be below the product image in 'Product Display Layout' tab of the 'PROD' page.
    HTML Code:
     <div class="product-description">&mvt:product:descrip;</div>
    Thanks,
    Doak
    Last edited by doakh; 07-26-14, 06:16 AM.
    Doak Heggeness
    Web Developer | Certified Miva Merchant Developer

Re: Product Description

I would be interested in this also. Dis you ever figure this out
    Manoj. T
    Overseas Best Buy Inc.

Twitter | Facebook

Comment

I think the problem here is that you are trying to take several DIFFERENT products and make them 'a' product. The way I see it, a topicgraphical map of California is a completely different 'product' from a 'Land Use' map of California. They both belong in a group (category if you will) of California maps, but are distinct products. This will also negatively effect SEO as the current product will never score as well when searching for say "topicgraphical maps of California.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

In my situation it is one product that comes in different size/capacity so it is the same product with just slightly different product description weight, dimensions, and capacity
        Manoj. T
        Overseas Best Buy Inc.

Twitter | Facebook

Comment

In your case Manoj, the easiest way is to use a table listing each of the variants. It would be possible to do this with custom fields (they don't hold a lot of text) but it would be a bit of chore to setup AND maintain. Basically you'd want to use a jQuery control to feed a content container (say <div id="vdesc"></div>) with the content from the custom fields. Probably start off with something like the .replaceWith() control...or there are probably more exact examples on the webs.
          Last edited by Bruce - PhosphorMedia; 08-26-14, 08:50 AM.
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

I do not know, I hired a Miva Merchant Certified programmer ( they said ) on Elance and they did it using AJAX. I have not had the time to figure out what they did. To see it go to the link below and flip through the swatches.

http://ravenmaps.mivamerchant.net/mm...ode=california
            Last edited by doakh; 08-26-14, 12:30 PM.
            Doak Heggeness
            Web Developer | Certified Miva Merchant Developer

Comment

hey, all I can do is offer advice...that setup does not look ideal (or even good) for SEO...and pretty much the same thing could have been implemented using actual Separate Products.
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X