Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Using LightBox For Additional Images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Using LightBox For Additional Images?

Has anyone got lightbox or some other image viewer working with Miva's Additional Images feature?

I feel it would be much more helpful if clicking on the larger image would scroll to the next / previous image, instead of closing the image.

Has anyone got it working? Seems like some people have tried but gave up on it.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: Anyone Using LightBox For Additional Images?

Hey Mark,

Magic Zoom seems to work pretty well for me: http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...ic-Zoom-Update
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Hi there, Ron:

Thanks so much for the link!!!

Is the nutsntwigs website yours? It is really nice.

Where did you get a responsive Miva theme from??? Was it a lot of custom coding? Are there responsive themes already out there? Am I missing something?
      Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 07-30-14, 02:52 PM.
      Mark Romero
      ~~~~~~~~

Comment

OMG!!! It works great and was TOTALLY easy to install!!!

Why didn't you tell me about this years ago?!?!?!

;-)
        Mark Romero
        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Will just add that we use Magic Zoom on most of our client builds, works great. Bootstrap/Responsive framework info can be found here: http://www.mivamerchant.com/blog/new...-miva-merchant. There are more themes/frameworks on the horizon as well.

Comment

Hey Mark,

Yes, Nuts n Twigs is my Wifes company. Just switched over to bootstrap a couple weeks ago, still a bit of a work in progress. The default bootstrap miva template is pretty plain. It does have some nice built-in features and it's really easy to work with, especially if you're comfortable working with CSS.

Aside from the link Dan provided above for the Blog Post, read more here:
            http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...-Miva-Merchant

Cheers!
            Ron Frigon

Comment

Quick Question Just so I understand Everything:

If i want a responsive storefront, do I need to create a whole new development store, bring over all the data, and then make the development store the live store?

Is it really a good thing to do NOW if PR 9 is coming out soon???

Would really like to have a responsive site sooner rather than later. I am seeing that about 30% of my traffic is from mobile devices...
              Mark Romero
              ~~~~~~~~

Comment

@ Ron:

One more thing: How did your wife get her model to HOLD PERFECTLY STILL while she modeled the different colors of clothing? Itreally seems pretty cool that she would appear in the exact same position.
                Mark Romero
                ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey Mark,

Yes, you will want to set up on a dev store. you can get one for free from Miva. No need to bring over all the data, I just set up one category with a few items.

PR 9 won't have any effect on your layout, but I think Miva does have some specific templates coming out soon for PR 9. Can't say if they're responsive or not. 30% is a pretty good reason to be mobile friendly. Depending on the industry, I see anything from 15% - 50% mobile traffic...

You're kidding about the images right??? Those images are from the manufacturer. They just change the color of the clothing in Photoshop or something. I see lots of companies do it. I would preffer to have a different image for each color, but we can't afford the Model, or a photographer... Maybe Mannaquin and a Smartphone would work? I think I could afford a Mannaquin, they're only about $100...

Cheers!
                  Ron Frigon

Comment

OK... I figured it was pretty much photoshop.

As for a different photo for each color... just do what anthropologie does...

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/...sp?color=066#/
                    Mark Romero
                    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

We use bootstrap or foundation for our responsive sites, and colorbox or fancybox is what I believe we use for image pop ups. We also use the image machine system with sliders on product pages as well. None of it is too difficult to get working. And yes to the DEV site. DEV sites are a must for re-doing your site and makes your life so much easier and stress free.

As it pertains to getting a "lightbox" like script to work, I think it's this forum post below that actually has copy & paste code that works for either colorbox or fancybox. I've used it on a few sites and it was completely brainless to implement.

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...other-Lightbox
                      Ted Hust
                      AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
                      Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
                      X