Image Machine and category template manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Machine and category template manager

Hello, I have a few different category templates on my site that each need different sized images. I'm using the image machine on one of these category templates, but the problem is that I can't figure out a way to set a different image size for the other category templates because they all use the image machine configuration as assigned to the CTGY page.

I've tried modifying some variables like g.screen, g.page_code, and a couple more to match a pseudo-category page (CTGY_2) that has different image machine settings, but that certainly wasn't working. Any ideas?

Re: Image Machine and category template manager

You mention you have image machine assigned on the category page. The item category_listing_imagemachine should not be assigned to the page, unless you need image machine functionality which includes swatches, and multiple images. If you just need a specific image size to display, unassign this item, then under the Category Product List Layout tab, you should see a Product Images section with all your image types available to select. Choose one and hit update. When you do this a new tab will display called "Category Product List Image Dimensions" where you can control the image size.

This video should help:

http://www.mivamerchant.com/videos/s...-category-page
    Last edited by Brennan; 08-05-14, 03:17 PM.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

You may also need to use a separate stock category template, i.e. CTGY2, in conjunction with the "Alternate Display Page" for those specific categories in order to obtain the different size image settings. Otherwise all Sebenza Category Templates are technically based off of "CTGY".

We have been converting a large number of stores away from the Sebenza Product and Category Template Managers due to conflicts with newer features in Miva Merchant and the fact that it is easier to manage using stock templates in situations like this. You are basically getting into stock alternate category templates stacked on top of the Sebenza custom category templates, which could get interesting.

Comment

Thanks guys :) The combination of using the alternate display page and category product list got everything I needed done. A side note: I nearly had an aneurism while trying to get the images working on my live site. They worked fine on my dev site, and then when I copied the exact code over, the images didn't show up, and the tokens for category_listing:imagetypes:mytype were not populating. Eventually I realized that I had updated the Category template manager on my dev site but not on my live site, and when I updated that to the newest version, everything worked. Any input on why this would be necessary?

Comment

The last version of the Category Template Manager, v5.49 (01/30/2013), added support for image types.

Comment

Originally posted by becker View Post
            Thanks guys :) The combination of using the alternate display page and category product list got everything I needed done. A side note: I nearly had an aneurism while trying to get the images working on my live site. They worked fine on my dev site, and then when I copied the exact code over, the images didn't show up, and the tokens for category_listing:imagetypes:mytype were not populating. Eventually I realized that I had updated the Category template manager on my dev site but not on my live site, and when I updated that to the newest version, everything worked. Any input on why this would be necessary?

This is always a problem when using a "dev" site to do prototyping (as opposed to just using the dev site to build a new site and converting it to a Live site).

We have a module coming VERY soon that will help with these situations. Primarily, it will let you build and test these smaller development projects IN THE ACTUAL LIVE Store (while hiding it from everyone else). Then, when done, you turn it LIVE with a single click. (And, if you still managed to miss something, you can turn back to the previous version.

Details coming soon!
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
              The last version of the Category Template Manager, v5.49 (01/30/2013), added support for image types.
              Hmm, but why does category template manager support for image types matter if I'm using the alternate display page? I assumed that by setting an alternate display page, nothing about the first page, "CTGY," would be processed, so the category template manager module assigned to CTGY would not be doing anything because it is not assigned to "CTGY2." I'm sure you're right, I'm just curious to understand why.
              Last edited by becker; 08-06-14, 02:16 PM.

Comment

This is one of those somewhat rare cases where the module engages simply by being installed in the store, no page assignments necessary. The module is no longer available for purchase from the developer for this reason as it started to conflict with Miva Merchant's new stock features, which you may or may not run into depending on your specific store setup/customizations. Overall I recommend weaning your store off that module.

Comment

Question. Brennan states.
                  then under the Category Product List Layout tab, you should see a Product Images section with all your image types available to select. Choose one and hit update.
                  yet I do not see this option at all under the Category Product List Layout Tab. This site is MMUI yet my other CSSUI doesn't either. i watched the video for a refresher course and that option is not there. What I see is only.

custom fields
                  Sorting option
                  Default sort
                  Pagnation
                  Page number
                  Items per page

Any ideas? Thanks
                  Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                  Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

What am I missing guys?
                    Dan

Comment

What version of Miva Merchant are you running? On earlier versions, if the category_listing_imagemachine item is assigned to CTGY, the Product Images selection under Category Product List Layout is removed. At the time, there were two methods of integration that was not really covered in the video.

Comment

Hi Dan. GFL, its Miva 5.5 Engine 5.20. Looking in items, I dont see category_listing_imagemachine at all listed. Only thing close is ctgy_imagemachine and that not checked. In contrast, on TSJ I do see this category_listing_imagemachine under items, yet its not selected. Same build. GFL MMUI, TSJ CSSUI yet again i dont see that dimension setting as described in video. On GFL I was going to dabble with image machine handling the thumbs, yet without that section i dont think that will work as they would need resizing.

At the end of the day im just trying to save some time and space by avoiding legacy setting and the need for GFL at least to avoid sending up thumbs to a separate thumb folder that was made way back in the day.
                        Dan

Comment

What is the production release info under Miva Merchant 5.5?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                            What is the production release info under Miva Merchant 5.5?
                            GFL Production Release 8 Update 12
                            Dan

Comment

ctgy_imagemachine is for MMUI, category_listing_imagemachine is CSSUI. If you don't have Category Product List Image Dimensions or a Product Images section under the Category Product List Layout settings, then I think you should have someone take a look/submit a ticket to Miva Merchant.

Comment

Working...
                              X