Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Page/template

Hi,
    I am trying to figure out how to create a page that has the same layout as the SFNT page but where I can Put in my own text in the Main Body. For example I want to create a page with the same look and feel as (Nav Bar Top) Menu on the left same global header and footer but the Main Body to be say Consulting, Custom Orders, etc.
    I know I can do it as a Category but I do not want it showing up in the left Menu. The link buttons are in the global footer for these pages.
    I tried creating a new page (CONSU) and did select in items tab html_profile, head, store,and cssui_links but that didn't do it.

I would try coping the SFNT page but not sure where it calls the 'display' text that is currently there to omit it from the page to save as a template. Sorry if I sound confusing..

Also can't for the life of me figure out how or where to change the 'home' to not go to the Store Select (have 3 stores/mall) but rather go to the SFNT for that store. (stores are identical but each in another Language)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Creating a Page/template

I moved this to StoreMorph so it gets seen by the right people.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by kampourisl View Post
      Hi,
      I am trying to figure out how to create a page that has the same layout as the SFNT page but where I can Put in my own text in the Main Body. For example I want to create a page with the same look and feel as (Nav Bar Top) Menu on the left same global header and footer but the Main Body to be say Consulting, Custom Orders, etc.
      I know I can do it as a Category but I do not want it showing up in the left Menu. The link buttons are in the global footer for these pages.
      I tried creating a new page (CONSU) and did select in items tab html_profile, head, store,and cssui_links but that didn't do it.

I would try coping the SFNT page but not sure where it calls the 'display' text that is currently there to omit it from the page to save as a template. Sorry if I sound confusing..

Also can't for the life of me figure out how or where to change the 'home' to not go to the Store Select (have 3 stores/mall) but rather go to the SFNT for that store. (stores are identical but each in another Language)

Thanks in advance!
      Forgot to add the url.. http://vitaevalue.mivamerchant.net/m...ode=vitaevalue then click the Consulting Button in the footer

Comment

The best way to do this is to create a new page. Go into pages, then edit the SFNT page. Copy this template and click Add Page and paste in the template.

You then want to make sure all the items that are assigned to the SFNT page are also assigned to your new page you create. There should be a content tab where you can add the custom text you need.

As far as getting the home link to go to the correct store, if you add the &Store_Code=&mvta:store:code; to the link url it will take you back to the correct store.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Where is the home link in the top nav bar located to change that?

Comment

In the default setup, its in the global Navigation template (if you mean the actual link labelled 'home').
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X