Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recurring Orders/Subscriptions for Physical Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurring Orders/Subscriptions for Physical Products?

I have an existing Miva store selling physical products, we use PayPal Payflow Pro for our payment gateway. I would like to set up a subscription/recurring order system for several of our products. Has anyone successfully done this in their Miva stores?

This seems to be quite a challenge. I am aware of the Reorder Manager module, I'm wondering if anyone has implemented it or any other solution and wanted to share their experiences.

Grateful for any advice or recommendations. Thanks!

Re: Recurring Orders/Subscriptions for Physical Products?

If you actually want subscription billing, the best way is to use the gateway's option (i.e., PayPal). Unfortunately I don't think you can completely automate as you have to manually enter the subscription info in the PayPal's terminal.

For re-ordering, there are several different options (i.e., modules) available, though we've found all of them severely lacking from a customer's view point and basically resorted to a custom solution so their's that opinion. (And with re-order ability, you've got to get it right--many of our store owner customers found that THE EASE OF REORDER is why they retained the customer...almost as much as price.)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

My Reorder Manager module has been in use at several stores for a number of years. The merchants are quite happy with it. Customers can easily select the reorder option when they put items in their basket; and they have controls on the Account page so that they can view and change their reorders, enter a new credit-card number, etc.
      Kent Multer
      Magic Metal Productions
      http://TheMagicM.com
      * Web developer/designer
      * E-commerce and Miva
      * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

my bad, actually never seen that one kent (was thinking it was something else). the main missing feature our clients saw was that they needed (their customers) to see

what was order
        sort that list according to what was ordered last/ordered the most/ordered most frequently

(and of course, the custom code we used 20/30 times more expensive than a retail module)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X