Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalog > Products: batch edting and navigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog > Products: batch edting and navigation?

I was trying to edit 2 dozen products. I needed to edit the 'store number' in the graphics path for both full image and thumbnail image. 48 changes in all.

In Merchant 5.5, one could hit the 'vcr-like' nav buttons to go forward or back, to the previous/next Edit Product page. Make two changes, hit Update, click next, rinse and repeat.

How is that same navigation done in Merchant 9?
    Gordon Currie
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Re: Catalog > Products: batch edting and navigation?

Those types of controls are gone in V9. The way I'd do this in V9 is used Advanced Search to get those 2 dozen items on the Batch List, show the field you want to edit on the Batch List screen and Edit them all from that screen without having to jump screens.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks - I forgot about turning on display of columns (like Full Image and Thumbnail Image) and doing the edit in-place.
      Gordon Currie
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I have a related question. Yes, I too used the old way for the product/category admin screen navigation that allowed being able to click the forward/back button to go through the list of products when having to make multiple changes. I see that I can turn on the columns to show the price, thumbnail, description, etc. and edit directly from the main Catalog product/category screens. But that doesn't seem to quite cover every convenience the previous method offered. It would still be nice to have the forward/back option available to quickly jump through product admin pages.

One problem I encountered is when I want to change/upload an image thumbnail. I need to know the exact image path when editing the text field on the Catalog Product screen. I can't get to the add image screen from here to choose my image or upload a new one from the main Catalog Product screen. The only way is to individually click on each product, go to the Image section, then choose my image. This is cumbersome for multiple products. Am I overlooking something?

Also on the Catalog Products screen, there is a column for "canonical category code", but not a column to list all of the actual categories that a product in listed under. That would make it much easier to see which product is listed where at-a-glance, instead of having to click into the product itself to see what categories it is placed under.

Thanks,
        Shannon

Comment

I am still playing with adding Images to products in the test store. The column view for the Catalog Product screen only shows thumbnail and full size image fields. There is no way from this screen to show or add additional (ie Main) images (or change image types). The only way I have found to add new Main images to multiple products is to click to edit each product name, then click to edit, then click on the Images tab, then select my image, then update, then go back to the main Catalog Product screen to pick the next product. From the main Catalog Product screen there is no way to see which products I have already assigned a Main image to, so it is easy to forget where I'm at in my edits.

In the old version, I could just click on the next/previous button and quickly jump to the same screen for each product to compare and make edits quickly. Am I overlooking an easier way in Miva9?

Thanks,
          Shannon

Comment

Working...
          X