Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to change the colors of Bootstrap nav bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to change the colors of Bootstrap nav bar?

Hi,

I'm new to Bootstrap and having a small problem trying to change the color of the top horizontal navbar (the dark gray default color needs to be changed for my site).
    I looked in all the css files and tried changing it in a few places but nothing happened... it's still gray.

Can someone please help me out and explain how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Re: how to change the colors of Bootstrap nav bar?

Look in the default.css file under /* Navigation */ .navbar

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post
      Look in the default.css file under /* Navigation */ .navbar

Jamie
      I'm having a similar problem, I'm trying to change the grey color in the Navigation Bar and every where else to a different color. I've been playing around with the different colors and I found the default.css, as well as the other CSS pages and after I change the color (specific color codes), I can't seem to upload it to my Miva site and view the changes. Am I missing a step?

Comment

Originally posted by rcm1234 View Post
        Hi,

I'm new to Bootstrap and having a small problem trying to change the color of the top horizontal navbar (the dark gray default color needs to be changed for my site).
        I looked in all the css files and tried changing it in a few places but nothing happened... it's still gray.

Can someone please help me out and explain how to do that?

Thanks in advance.
        I am having the same problem. I know (I think) what codes to change, color wise, but I can't seem to upload the changes to my developer site and actually see them. I've email Miva Support as well so if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by jenylb View Post
          I am having the same problem. I know (I think) what codes to change, color wise, but I can't seem to upload the changes to my developer site and actually see them. I've email Miva Support as well so if I hear anything I'll let you know.
          Try dumping your browser's cache...usually under the Tools menu. There is also a Web Developer's Toolbar that you can get as an Add-On (usually under the tools menu too) for your browser in which you can disable the cache and set to check for a newer version of the page every time you visit it. If you've uploaded to your server, there's no other reason for the changes not to take effect that I know of.

Hope this helps.

Jamie
          Jamie Donaldson
          JSDVS Web Design / Development
          Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Working...
          X