Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading CSS - is there something more to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading CSS - is there something more to it?

I have a modal window I'm trying to add to one of my pages. I've created this using Sublime Text and works perfectly.

I've inserted the HTML for this element into the page - the OSEL page in this case - and cannot get the CSS to work for the life of me!

I've tried putting it within <style> tags in the HEAD Tag Content/CSS* tab to no success. I then uploaded the css file with no success. Is there something I'm missing? Without the CSS there's no functionality to the modal window and it's jacking everything up.

Re: Uploading CSS - is there something more to it?

Almost impossible to tell without a link to the page you are trying to create this on.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

https://www.bulkcontainerexpress.com

The checkout page. I wanted to add a modal window to explain the shipping options.

Comment

I don't know if your model window is using jQuery, but the jQuery call (and the tab.js) calls are broken. You should be loading them from a CDN source such as

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Also, model windows usually get their source from the same page that they are displayed on. Its possible to call it in from a remote source, but it gets much trickier.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I was actually going to use the modal window without JavaScript, as seen on http://codepen.io/LFeh/pen/oEula

Each time I try to input the HTML/CSS, it appears that the CSS doesn't load correctly and all of the HTML for the modal window shows on the shipping page and screws up the whole layout. Since I'm new to Miva I'm not sure if creating the modal window this way is even possible. I can't see a reason why it's not, but figuring out how to upload the CSS has become a bit of a headache.

Comment

Just add the CSS in the page template, directly before the content (HTML) of the popup. Place it between:

<style>
            and
            </style>

BTW: this is supported on IE < 8, of which, unfortunately, is still used by a few people, so you might want to hide the Link to the popup with:

<!--[if gt IE 8]>
            Link goes here
            <![endif]-->

Or replace it with a regular link

<!--[if gt IE 8]>
            Popup Link goes here
            <![endif]-->
            <!--[if lte IE 8]>
            Regular Link goes here
            <![endif]-->
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X