Shipping Methods Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Methods Cleanup

We use Endicia to print all our shipping labels on a thermal printer. In our Miva Administration I have enabled; Endicia Shipping Labels, U.S.P.S. Rate Calculation (Domestic & International) and UPS Online Tools. Under the Shipping Method Rules I have the USPS methods set as the highest priority follow by the UPS methods.

Two questions.
    1. If the Endicia Shipping Labels module has USPS domestic and international services enabled do I really need the USPS Online Rate Calculation module installed?
    2. I remember that UPS and USPS rates can not be shown together, so the lower priority UPS option is seldom shown to the customer. When a simple domestic address is used why would the UPS option show up. Is there some kind of USPS address validation going on during the checkout process? If so to what extent is the address validated?
    Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Re: Shipping Methods Cleanup

Originally posted by gsam View Post
    We use Endicia to print all our shipping labels on a thermal printer. In our Miva Administration I have enabled; Endicia Shipping Labels, U.S.P.S. Rate Calculation (Domestic & International) and UPS Online Tools. Under the Shipping Method Rules I have the USPS methods set as the highest priority follow by the UPS methods.

Two questions.
    1. If the Endicia Shipping Labels module has USPS domestic and international services enabled do I really need the USPS Online Rate Calculation module installed?
    2. I remember that UPS and USPS rates can not be shown together, so the lower priority UPS option is seldom shown to the customer. When a simple domestic address is used why would the UPS option show up. Is there some kind of USPS address validation going on during the checkout process? If so to what extent is the address validated?
    1. Endicia is just a label creation module. It will not give you any shipping rates on checkout.
    2. USPS and UPS both use the shipping zip code to help determine the rate.
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Shipping Methods Cleanup

Thanks
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Working...