Calendar Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calendar Integration

Is there a simple calendar I can integrate into a Miva 5.5 page? It doesn't need to be fancy and would be updated only in the Admin. Just a place for visitors to see where and when certain classes are being offered. If a specific calendar date cell is loaded there might need to be link to an overflow (e.g. "more") page.

Any thoughts?
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Re: Calendar Integration

Im not aware of any Miva modules that do this. You could always create a new page and just create the HTML to look like a calendar.

Or there are third party calendar solutions that could be installed, but that may be overkill for what your needing.

A quick and dirty solution may be to embed a pdf into the page and just update it once a month.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Brennan.

As it turns out embedding a Google Calendar looks to be the easiest solution. Just need to remember to make it public. I created a separate calendar for this purpose and our staff will update it as details of classes around our region come in. Our goal is to make it a hub for people taking this training and getting their eyeballs on our website. Next step to make a home for it on a custom page or category. For now I dropped it onto our ABOUT US page so I could show people but it will be out of the way. In my test you'll see how I loaded one day with numerous overlapping courses to test the usability. Just shifting to the Agenda mode makes it easy to drill down. We are just providing a resource but not doing any actions with the calendar. I guess that could come later.

Here's the test calendar: http://www.preparesmart.com/mm5/merc...=P&Screen=ABUS
      Keith Oratz
      PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
      www.preparesmart.com

Comment

I was just about to ask the same type of question myself.

Google Calendar does seem like the probable solution, but I'm looking to see if any one has tried out any alternatives and could tell whether or not they might be better. The four I've been looking into are Full Calendar, Event Calendar, wdCalendar, and dhtmlxScheduler. If any one has worked on either of these, I'd like to know how they've faired or if we're better off sticking with Google Calendar.

Comment

Working...
        X