QB and synchro setup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB and synchro setup issues

While I wait for escalated support to get back to me. . . . anyone here using Miva Synchro with quickbooks and can answer a few questions about getting set up and started?

1) should I download old orders from Miva (that are not in qb but in MM) as sales Receipts {these orders have already been processed and completed but they need to be put into qb to have the inventory updated and have my accounting correct}? If so, how do you map your fields? I have 74 orders that need to be input.

2) my inventory qoh is correct in QB, but not correct in MM. The item name is correct in MM but not in QB. I need to make sure inventory is not created upon the initial download of those orders. has anyone dealt with this issue?

thanks for any and all suggestions or feedback . . . have been playing around with this since Sept 1 and am getting frustrated. Had originally thought T-Hub would address my concerns and tried it back at the beginning of the year but QB having to change the item names to make them shorter and without any punctuation really caused issues there.

Again, thanks for any and all suggestions . . . Lea-Ann

Re: QB and synchro setup issues

Miva logged in and determined I can't use my current qb company with the mm files so we set up a new company to process mm orders and somehow I'll sweep the accounting date into my company's files. We are going to have to start over with inventory so miva can talk to qb somehow but at least we know the settings synchro needs to work with qb. Thanks for the call Chris from Miva. What took me 17 days only took an hour phone call to discuss and determine plan of action.

Comment

Re: QB and synchro setup issues

Originally posted by lea-ann View Post
      Miva logged in and determined I can't use my current qb company with the mm files so we set up a new company to process mm orders and somehow I'll sweep the accounting date into my company's files. We are going to have to start over with inventory so miva can talk to qb somehow but at least we know the settings synchro needs to work with qb. Thanks for the call Chris from Miva. What took me 17 days only took an hour phone call to discuss and determine plan of action.
      Hello,

What some people have a hard time grasping with product and inventory synching is that it's not just about product codes/names and QuickBooks item names. There is also a 3rd factor here and that is the database IDs for the two applications. Miva Merchant has it's own unique database IDs for products and QB also has it's own set of List IDs for it's database. Synchro has 4 MySQL tables that get created where the database IDs for Miva and QB are associated, for products it's called s01_MsyProds.

When you create products in Miva Merchant, the database IDs are 1, 2, 3 so on so forth. In QuickBooks the List IDs are long and nasty. They look like this: 80000009-1280346087, that is an example of a QuickBooks list ID.

The s01_MsyProds table will contain a few columns but the main ones are PROD_ID (this is where the Miva Product database ID gets added) and then the LIST_ID column, (this where the QB List IDs go). When you synchronize products with synchro behind the scenes there is this handshake that occurs to tie the database IDs together. Once they are they associated with each other that is how they continue to update each other during synchs for orders and products.

Synchro has no intelligence, it only does what you tell it to do based on the properties and field mappings you've configured. By default, with the item mappings in synchro the Miva Product Code will Map to the QuickBooks item name. The Miva Product Name will map to the QuickBooks item description, this is why they have to match, and this is why when you're introducing synchro to QuickBooks, it is ideal to start off with a clean company file. You can't tell synchro to synch a product with a code of ABC to an item that already exist in QB that has an item name of XYZ, they need to match.

If you're dealing with inventory, you have to track inventory in both places, Miva and QB. I hope this helps in understanding the logic between Miva Merchant and QuickBooks. If you have any other questions feel free to contact our support team and we can assist you.

Regards,
      Rafael Buelna
      Miva Support Engineer
      800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
      http://www.miva.com
      http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Working...
      X