Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shopping carts empty when using IE

What are the default cookie settings?

I had a subdomain for my blog so set cookie to .domain.com. Now that I moved the blog to a directory www.domain.com/blog/ should the cookie settings be changed to www.domain.com ? My SSL cert is issued to www.domain.com

The only other subdomain active is dev.domain.com but I don't think customers will crossover there.
    http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Re: Shopping carts empty when using IE

I had the same problem with several of my sites. Basket would empty, then reappear when another item was added to cart. Spent a couple months with our host trying to chase down the problem. In our case, the only browser/OS combination that did not lose the cart info was IE 8 / XP. When they mentioned that it sounded like a www/non www issue with cookies, I started digging deeper.

To fix the problem, we added www.domain-name.com to the URL prefix over-rides under SEO settings. From what I can tell, when you first setup short links in admin it goes out to the global settings and pulls what is in that section for site configuration. (www or not)

It also appears that if you later go in and change anything in the SEO settings it does not, and this is where some of the links become www and some not. Of 7 websites, the sites that we changed the short link settings on (after the initial setup) were affected, those that were not changed, were not affected.
      Jim Sisk
      Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Working...
      X