Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toolkit TKSL fucntion and redirects when category code and product code are in a url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toolkit TKSL fucntion and redirects when category code and product code are in a url

Here is my htaccess code I have with shortlinks enabled using TKSL

Code:
    DirectoryIndex /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^mm5/admin.mvc? - [QSA,L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-s
    RewriteRule ^p/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Product_code=$1 [QSA,NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^c/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Category_code=$1 [QSA,NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^p/([^/]+)/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Category_code=$1&Product_code=$2 [QSA,NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Code=$1 [QSA,NC,L]
    In my category pages I have included the category code in the url. so my product url on the category page look like

www.mysite.com/p/category-code/product-code.html

But here is what's happening if the product url contains the old category code its not redirecting to the newer on even though I have added all the old category codes in file called ARCHIVE after following the TKSL guidelines

Instead of redirecting it simply displays a blank white page, so currently this url display blank

http://www.mysite.com/p/old-category...duct-code.html but it should redirect to the www.mysite.com/p/category-code/product-code.html

what am I missing or do I have to use htaccess file for this and if so any easier way to do it rather than hard coding each and every url as there are thousands of products

Thanks
    Keyboard Not Found..... Press F1 to continue

Re: Toolkit TKSL fucntion and redirects when category code and product code are in a

This Line:

RewriteRule ^p/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Product_code=$1 [QSA,NC,L]

Is saying, when the url looks like

www.mysite.com/p/category-code/product-code.html

The send the following request

/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Product_code=[Category_code] [QSA,NC,L]

Try moving the redirect:

RewriteRule ^p/([^/]+)/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Category_code=$1&Product_ code=$2 [QSA,NC,L]

BEFORE the first product redirect.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Re: Toolkit TKSL fucntion and redirects when category code and product code are in a

Thanks for replying appreciate it but that did not work. I made the change as you have suggested, here is my new mark up

Code:
      DirectoryIndex /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteRule ^mm5/admin.mvc? - [QSA,L]
      RewriteRule ^p/([^/]+)/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Category_code=$1&Product_code=$2 [QSA,L]
      RewriteRule ^c/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Category_code=$1 [QSA,L]
      RewriteRule ^p/([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Product_code=$1 [QSA,L]
      RewriteRule ^([^/.]+).html$ /mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=TKSL&Code=$1 [QSA,L]

Comment

can you log what the TKSL screen is seeing for Cat and Product code?

(If you have MALF log turned on, it should already show these.)
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I don't see MALF log file either under the Log folder in mivadata folder or under loggin setting in dashboard I see the e-urchin log and cim-activity log both unchecked.

Where would I be turning the MALF log module

Thanks again

Comment

under Logging...but make sure you turn it off again after testing as it eats up disc space...also, the output, malf.log will located in the root of your data directory.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Sorry to ask like this, under logging there are the modules I see

1)e-urchin log ( not turned on)

2) CIM activity log ( not turned on)

I don't see any MALF log

Thanks

Comment

Many emporiumplus modules require the cim log be turned on. It does not create log files but does contain functions needed by several modules.
                Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Working...
                X