This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $50 per additional simultaneous Administrative User

@Rick fair value based on what? Did you track the amount of time that the 2nd & 3rd users are logged in daily, weekly, monthly? My primary purpose is to go in & edit products as needed for my client. If I login at 15 minute clips a few times a week (at most) then whats the point that my client should have to shell out an extra $50/month for that.

Typically they have 1 primary login almost all day to check new orders & get them shipped out asap. The owner periodically would login to check sales, run some reports, etc. And then I login as mentioned above as needed but typically no more than 1 hour per week. And they should spend an extra $1,200 for that per year? If you wanted to charge more per user thats fine, but $50/user/month is a fairly big jump.

At this time I cannot compare it to what some other carts do as I have not researched them recently, but I will certainly take a look around to see what the competition is offering.

Comment

Originally posted by verdipro View Post
      My primary purpose is to go in & edit products as needed for my client. If I login at 15 minute clips a few times a week (at most) then whats the point that my client should have to shell out an extra $50/month for that.

And they should spend an extra $1,200 for that per year?
      This topic has been discussed earlier in this thread. The outcome was the defining of a developer access concept that would bypass the session limit on stores you work on. Your client would not need to pay additional fees for your occasional access. Here are those relevant posts:

#163: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...539#post425539

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      We're working on a combo of changes to be released in Spring.

They are Certified Developer access (which bypasses the seat restrictions), API Users (such as Synchro and Shipworks) and even likely "dedicated" users, so if you have someone who should never be able to be kicked out, that would be an option.

Right now we're observing real world usage to make sure we adjust once and done (hopefully).
      #150: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...274#post425274

We're working on a solution for certified developers who build modules or work across many stores doing support and maintenance.

However there's no possibility we're going to be adding in a second seat at our old pricing.
      #136: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...163#post425163

Kevin,

In all the discussion, this has probably been missed. We're working on a permanent solution for Certified Devs, so their accounts bypass this restriction. Our plan is to solve it by March.
      #111: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...047#post424047

So I want to jump in on this specific thought. Developers reading this, please don't jump to conclusions about what we'd charge for this idea (because frankly we don't know yet, but it would be less than the $50/mo/store).

This is a highly likely outcome, a Certified Developer Account that technologically bypasses the simultaneous usage count.

In addition, we're looking at splitting up the difference between roving seats and dedicated seats. So for example you could have a dedicated seat that's set for "StoneEdge" as an example, so that it always has a seat and can never be locked out.
      David Hubbard
      CIO
      Miva
      [email protected]
      http://www.miva.com

Comment

Also, if you have someone logging into just check sales, run reports, etc...those tasks would be fairly easy to convert into 'pushed' content. I.e., email or a password protected web page. Actually, as long as you are only "checking" and don't interact with the Managed orders data directly (marking them as shipped, etc) that too could be pushed to a front side web page with no login required.

If there was a lot of commonality of needs, we be happy to make an inexpensive or even free module to do this.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I was disappointed to learn of this. I was notified by Mive before my 3rd party developer had the chance to tell me. We use Miva a great deal and have for 10+ years. We have up to 8 users logged in at a time (a $400 a month increase). When I called to inquire about the letter I received, I was told we apparently rely on Miva too much and should change the way we run our business. This came just after we spent $10,000 in new store development. The wonderful gentleman I was speaking with informed me Miva just spent that on a new sign, chump change. He also in so many words informed me that the 3rd party developer I have been working with for 10+ years could not touch the support Miva could provide if I went through them direct. Not what I would expect from Miva, but has definitely sparked me to look at other options and there are other options.

Comment

I feel this is a total rip off. I am being penalized for having 18 stores on my server. If I had 6 it would be easier to work with 6 users BUT 18. Making money is one thing but this is very unethical. I will not be adding any new stores with this attitude.

Comment

somebody with 18 Miva stores may get different conditions than a single store owner. Did you ask already about volume discounts?
              Andreas Toman
              PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
              We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
              Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
              web: www.pcinet.com
              LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
              phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

jmahlmann

Andreas is correct. Assuming you're the proprietor or these stores (and not just the web developer) you've pointed out a hole in our system we're working to correct.

We'll be offering "super users", they will cost more than $50 per month (but no where near 18 times $50 per month) and they'll allow your employees to be in all the sites a single proprietor operates.

If this fits you, please email me and I'll assist.
                Last edited by Rick Wilson; 12-15-14, 08:10 AM.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

It appears that if you do not explicitly log out of Miva, then your session remains open for ~20 minutes, which can cause the sessions to add up. We use Stone Edge as a backend connector, and have noticed that when Stone Edge makes a connection for either order imports, customer imports, or per-transaction inventory synchronization, then multiple simultaneous connections are opened. Since Stone Edge doesn't explicitly log out for each of those sessions, then the sessions remain open for ~20 minutes, and we see those sessions add up. We were shocked to see that we were charged for 13 simultaneous sessions, when in reality, I would be surprised to even see half that amount. Miva needs to take some time to gain a better understanding of how the backend connectors function before pushing drastic pricing changes down on their customers.

Comment

It appears that if you do not explicitly log out of Miva, then your session remains open for ~20 minutes, which can cause the sessions to add up.
                    Sort of. If you're on Version 9, you have the ability to kick those out. On Version 8 (5.5 PR8) we can see the difference between inactive and active users and we only count active. With that said, Version 9 is precise while PR8 is an estimate.

We use Stone Edge as a backend connector, and have noticed that when Stone Edge makes a connection for either order imports, customer imports, or per-transaction inventory synchronization, then multiple simultaneous connections are opened. Since Stone Edge doesn't explicitly log out for each of those sessions, then the sessions remain open for ~20 minutes, and we see those sessions add up. We were shocked to see that we were charged for 13 simultaneous sessions, when in reality, I would be surprised to even see half that amount.
                    Regardless of how StoneEdge operates we only count it as one seat. We're working on an API user concept (discussed previously in this thread) and products like StoneEdge will use.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

When someone logs out, wouldn't that end there active session. I ask because one person logged out 2 hours ago, and when i log in now its showing 2 active sessions. One with my current and theirs 2 hours earlier as active.
                      Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                      Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Under domain settings you can see active sessions and track it down.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

Under domain settings I can see an active session from someone who logged out over 2 hours ago. This was my wife, same IP, same room yet on her own comp. She left 2+ hours ago yet it still shows her active. Not only did she log off as always, system is shut down also.
                          Last edited by Datagg; 12-16-14, 06:42 AM.
                          Dan

Comment

Can you send me a screen shot?
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Info sent to you Rick...
                              Last edited by Datagg; 12-16-14, 07:36 AM.
                              Dan

Comment

Another vote here for the 2-seat minimum. I had the exact same thought weeks ago, when I first encountered this issue. Two is a lot less annoying than one, for all the reasons mentioned by others.

Thanks --
                                Kent Multer
                                Magic Metal Productions
                                http://TheMagicM.com
                                * Web developer/designer
                                * E-commerce and Miva
                                * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
                                http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Working...
                                X