X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $50 per additional simultaneous Administrative User

Rick,
    Thanks for the info and informing answer! We'll review our options and hope to continue to use Miva. I'd love to discuss some kind of volume discount still :)

Is there an estimated release date for Miva 9 yet? I'm assuming next year, so upgrades do not to interfere with the Christmas shopping season this year.

Thanks,
    Josiah

Comment

Is there an estimated release date for Miva 9 yet?
      It's coming soon (within the next 4 weeks).

Obviously for many merchants they won't upgrade until after the holiday shopping rush, but some will want these features for that rush and yet others still are on a different seasonal cycle that aren't busier during the holidays.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

I must of missed that memo. Where can I find the official announcement and FAQ to learn more?
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I think the additional user fee should only kick in when your current annual license term expires so we can properly budget the additional fee. We agreed to a fixed Miva expense for the term of the license and now you are going to increase my budget when my license fee for the year has already been pre-paid.

Seems very unfair to kick this in until licenses are due for renewal. I already pre-paid for the newest software updates in my annual license fee.

Rick, how would you feel if you pre-paid in full for a 12 month family gym membership that allowed all four members of your family entry to your local gym. Then halfway through the year the gym demands that you pay $50 per family member per month over the first one because they brought in brand new treadmills.
          Last edited by Foreman2; 10-14-14, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I think the additional user fee should only kick in when your current annual license term expires so we can properly budget the additional fee. We agreed to a fixed Miva expense for the term of the license and now you are going to increase my budget when my license fee for the year has already been pre-paid.
            Very very few (well less than 1%) of our clients are on our annual licenses.

Email me off forum and we'll discuss your unique situation.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

I must of missed that memo. Where can I find the official announcement and FAQ to learn more?
              Here's a link to the letter that went out: http://www.mivamerchant.com/miva-license

We've just completed sending it to everyone who we believe will be impacted by the change. If our records don't show you ever using multiple seats, then you haven't received this email.

In addition we're also changing our hosting plans to include more Disk space and similar along with this change, but we're not quite ready to announce that good news until the actual V9 launch.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
                our CS reps and technicians are logged into Miva throughout day working on orders
                Josiah
                What, exactly are they doing? Its possible that they could do their jobs without being logged into the admin. Entering, view orders could be done from the front side of merchant (although, not things like crediting/refunding).
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Ah, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using Miva Merchant's backend order creation, which is much quicker.

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                  What, exactly are they doing? Its possible that they could do their jobs without being logged into the admin. Entering, view orders could be done from the front side of merchant (although, not things like crediting/refunding).
                  Best,
                  Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
                  Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
                  Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
                  pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Not necessarily. Have several clients who use a front-side order creation system for their phone reps. Much faster than the admin if its setup that way. (Well, to be fair, its because we can control the setup/flow, that its better, including things like "google-like" search for products, pulling addresses from a list, etc.)

But yea, its not "built-in"...just pointing out alternatives that might make sense in the long term. (Also, the front-side lets you control what the reps can see and access.)
                    Bruce Golub
                    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I'm referring to the ones wanting to use Miva Merchant out of the box, sans customizations for ordering, etc.
                      Best,
                      Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
                      Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
                      Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
                      pamelahazelton.com

Comment

So, I'm understanding this to mean that if I'm logged in working on updating and adding new products or making changes to categories, I can't have someone else pop in and process orders without paying an additional $50/month unless I log out? I get that's less than $2/day but adds to the cost of hiring an employee if they or I can't be productive. Nor can I have synchro do its thing?? dang!!

Comment

Originally posted by lea-ann View Post
                          So, I'm understanding this to mean that if I'm logged in working on updating and adding new products or making changes to categories, I can't ... have synchro do its thing?? dang!!
                          That's what ticks me off. We paid several hundred dollars to purchase Synchro, a Miva module, and now we have to pay an additional $50 per month for it to work as intended with our Miva hosting plan? Does not sit well with me...
                          Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                          Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Papi34,

If you don't mind me asking, when did you purchase Synchro? I agree there's some incongruence in that specific issue and I'm considering options. If you purchased it last month though it's very different than if you bought it in 2003.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                              If you don't mind me asking, when did you purchase Synchro? I agree there's some incongruence in that specific issue and I'm considering options. If you purchased it last month though it's very different than if you bought it in 2003.
                              Purchased it in 2009 and we only Synch up on average once per day. So it would not be a huge deal for us to log out of Admin before we Synch, just a minor annoyance. But it just seems to me that Synchro should be given a free pass to access Admin to do its thing. i.e. Synchro is a Miva module that simply does not work without admin access. I see it as a matter of principle. Is there some technical challenge that would need to be overcome for Synchro to be allowed "free" admin access?
                              Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                              Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Is there some technical challenge that would need to be overcome for Synchro to be allowed "free" admin access?
                                Is it possible yes and we're considering it.

But we won't make that decision until we see real world usage.

We're also considering going the other way and making Synchro free or near free to "buy" since it will encourage people to purchase a seat.

The fundamental problem with Syncrho as a stand alone product today is we've spent six figures in the last 18 months or so rebuilding it to work on Windows 7/8/10, etc... and we don't charge for upgrades, so it's a loss leader as they say.

Luckily in Synchro's case it doesn't need to justify itself completely as a stand alone product, since it's critical for some users of the product we truly care about Miva Merchant.

We'll end up "doing something" about Synchro, but I do need to analyze real data to make any decisions on it.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X