This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $50 per additional simultaneous Administrative User

If you only need 4 total users, then no, you won't be paying for 6, you'll be paying for 3 and it's the same on 9 as on PR8 (or older).

If we billed you for 6 and you only need 3, reply to your ticket and we'll fix it.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      If you only need 4 total users, then no, you won't be paying for 6, you'll be paying for 3 and it's the same on 9 as on PR8 (or older).

If we billed you for 6 and you only need 3, reply to your ticket and we'll fix it.
      I apologize for my haste then. I misunderstood the concept of how you were billing for seats, and didn't realized that 6 had the possibility of not being correct.
      www.jcroffroad.com

Comment

That's the big benefit of 9 (versus anything older), in 9 you're in total control since there's lock out mechanisms, etc... Anything older we have to base it on a previous high water mark, and we're both refining that process and being flexible when we make a mistake.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          That's the big benefit of 9 (versus anything older), in 9 you're in total control since there's lock out mechanisms, etc... Anything older we have to base it on a previous high water mark, and we're both refining that process and being flexible when we make a mistake.
          I'm ready to move to 9, it's just a horrible time of year for us to change anything, but I'm sure you've heard that before. Hopefully the first of the year I can click the button.
          www.jcroffroad.com

Comment

If you need any assistance at all on the upgrade, don't hesitate to ask.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

While I'm in the "yea, they messed up the messaging a bit" camp (and, its a pretty chunky bit) I do have to chime in with something WE run into all the time with OUR customers. We send out dozens of emails for, say a required update or policy change. Only to find that probably over 30% of our customer base claims they NEVER see the message.
              Is there anyone on the planet that doesn't know Miva has a new version? I wonder how many different ways that was communicated?

I know it's kind of antiquated, but there's this service that actually delivers mail to people... I wonder if something this massive is worth a $.47 stamp? And here's the good thing-- you don't even need to send it to everybody-- just the customers this price increase affects!!
              Last edited by sbronstad; 12-22-14, 12:24 PM.
              Scott Bronstad
              Marketing
              Star Time Supply, Co. Inc.
              http://store.startimesupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by sbronstad View Post
                Is there anyone on the planet that doesn't know Miva has a new version? I wonder how many different ways that was communicated?
                We got at least two specific emails on the pricing change to three separate email addresses (we technically have three sites.)

Originally posted by sbronstad View Post
                I know it's kind of antiquated, but there's this service that actually delivers mail to people... I wonder if something this massive is worth a $.47 stamp? And here's the good thing-- you don't even need to send it to everybody-- just the customers this price increase affects!!
                Well some folks think email is antiquated :) We are actually planning on moving to SMS Messaging (hint, hint) Worth it USPS mail? Perhaps...but really? We are all in the business of online sales...I would think learning how to effectively use email is a base-line requirement.
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

We never received anything, probably because we are still on MM4.24c.

I think a special notice link should be displayed within the Admin (below).

Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I use MM5 and Synchro.
                    Synchro does not log out / end it's session when you exit.

I was told to use the '&TemporarySession=1' fix, which I applied, and when that did not work, I contacted support.

Now I am told that that fix does not work with MM5.

So if you have MM5 and Synchro - you may end up using multiple seats and there is no fix. If I run Synchro I have to wait until the logged in session expires on it's own hours later - before logging in or running Synchro again or I will be charged for another seat.
                    I am up to $550 so far...

I asked how do I fix the Synchro problem? I am told to "Upgrade your store to Miva 9, that's the answer. There is no work around for you."

This can't be true - Is it?

Comment

s1b,

No that's not true at all, email me off Forum and I'll help. Sorry.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Okay, I'm really trying to keep the number of admin logins to 3 and under. We've got a situation here where one of our admin users is showing a live session, and we can't find it. She's running an older version of windows-- I've tried getting her to shut down her system (she's done that twice) but the admin session goes on.

I haven't upgraded yet-- I know the new version has session controls-- I can't upgrade right now, we're just too busy (can't afford the possibility of downtime). So any idea what I'm supposed to do?
                        Scott Bronstad
                        Marketing

Comment

Scott,

We'll handle it on good faith. So you want the total seats on your account set to 3? I'll take care of it from here once you confirm.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Rick, thanks... for now we need 3. My IT manager is looking into a report screen from our internal CRM that will display the mySQL data needed by one of the administrators, so we may be able to get it down to just 2.
                            Scott Bronstad
                            Marketing

Comment

I have to admit that I didn't like the idea of paying for seats at first, but I do understand where Miva is coming from with this.

For our individual situation I know we'll end up likely changing our hosting plan to try and save some cost on that side of things. We're already giving Miva $3,000 a year for hosting, so another $1,200 for 2 extra seats seems like a poor return on my investment. Seems to me that if we saved some money with a more basic hosting plan and then gave Phosphor Media $500 for Merchant Optimizer that it would be a better way to go.

Companies are always looking for ways to maximize revenue - mine included. I do wonder however if this approach would actually result in a significant (net) sales increase? I'm not bitching, I'm more curious from a business standpoint than anything else.
                              Dylan Buchfink
                              The Mattress & Sleep Company
                              http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Dylan,

Ask me in a year and I'll tell you .

I can say this, there's really two ways to use a product like Miva Merchant and we think the seat model is a good economic/business model for either use case.

Use Case 1: "The Classic Use Case", which is basically that Miva (or any ecom platform) is basically two things, first a catalog manager and second a cash register. This use case doesn't require a lot of new features, bells, whistles, etc... but it does require high quality scalable software that's as close to bug free as software can be (and it needs to be highly secure).

For use case 1, you in theory would never need more than 1 seat. Essentially you build the site, set it up, and use either other third party tools or your own home grown tools for managing the orders/customer service/etc...

So in our new model, it's identical pricing to the old model, you basically pay for e-commerce quality secure hosting, with a slight premium (of roughly $40/month) for using our platform.

Use Case 2: "The New Ecom Platform Use Case", where Miva provides most if not all of the tools necessary to manage your online business. Everything from CRM, Customer Service, Order Management, Light ERP, Marketing, Merchandizing, Promotions, Reporting/Analytics and more.

In this new model, you may have anywhere from a few to scores of employees (depending on your size) logging into the back end simultaneously to function as efficient employees. Potentially also eliminating the need for other costs/platforms (CRM, Order Managers, Fulfillment, etc...) as you can consolidate Standard Operating Procedures within a product flow like Miva.

Also in our new model, we feel the seat model incentivizes us to provide the best product imaginable for someone who wants to follow Use Case 2, without penalizing those who choose to follow Use Case 1.

There are currently I'd guess 10% of our clients who fall somewhere in between those 2 Use Cases, and they have a decision to make, go left toward Use Case 1, or go right toward Use Case 2 (in order to get a good ROI/Value Prop out of our new model).
                                Last edited by Rick Wilson; 12-28-14, 09:57 AM.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X