X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $50 per additional simultaneous Administrative User

Dylan,

One more thing, we're on the same page with you on your hosting optimization concept. We'd rather earn our keep with our Intellectual Property versus hosting. So in your case I think optimizing your hosting is probably a good move (and at the very least worth exploring).
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Rick, your use case examples do make sense for sure. Our hosting renews with you in March so I'll reach out soon to see if we can re-work that side of things before renewal.
      Dylan Buchfink
      The Mattress & Sleep Company
      http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Since StoneEdge Order manager uses a seat. Does using constant contact or mail chimp count as a seat also.

Thanks

Kevin
        www.automotiveworkwear.com

Comment

I don't believe either of those logs into your store admin interface.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

Using Synchro to download orders for 2 minutes requires another "seat".

Come on guys, this is a ridiculous waste of store owners precious time...seems like 2 free seats will resolve the vast majority of these complaints.

I suppose putting a time limit on the 2nd seat would work too...
            Joe Gargiulo
            Pinewood Pro

Comment

Having 2 seats and of course obvious things like ShipWorks and Syncro not costing a seat would take out the "deal breaker" situation for us.

As Miva is probably aware of many module companies are adopting a pay by the month policy as well which adds even more stress. If Emporium Plus did this with so many basic needs being filed (which should just be built into MIVA in my opinion) all hell could break out. I cannot speak for everyone but my guess is your going to lose a lot of business with your present model. I do not think you have yet found middle ground and I am very concerned by your "we have already made up our minds" attitude.
              Last edited by InvincibleRecordings; 01-02-15, 07:18 AM.
              http://www.invinciblemusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by InvincibleRecordings View Post
                As Miva is probably aware of many module companies are adopting a pay by the month policy as well which adds even more stress. If Emporium Plus did this with so many basic needs being filed (which should just be built into MIVA in my opinion) all hell could break out. I cannot speak for everyone but my guess is your going to lose a lot of business with your present model. I do not think you have yet found middle ground and I am very concerned by your "we have already made up our minds" attitude.
                Other than one outlier (who hear is changing their policy), most 'recurring' costs of using a third party module end up costing a few dollars a month. If a feature isn't worth those dollars...its not worth putting them in even if that feature is 'Free.'
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Having 2 seats and of course obvious things like ShipWorks and Syncro not costing a seat would take out the "deal breaker" situation for us.

I'm just curious, we are in the process of migrating our current site from MM4 with ShipWorks to MMv9, have you tried using Miva's fulfillment solution, or Miva's fulfillment solution requires Admin access also?
                  Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

We have 32 modules (most of which are Emporium Plus) which are not covered by the standard MIVA interface. So at even as low as $5 each things add up. If the cost of MIVA goes up for us by $100 per month as we usually have the need for 2 peoples access and an additional $160 a month for modules that is $260 a month more which gets a serious second looking into. Many of these modules do rather mundane but still important things.

We have no control over the monthly cost so the developer can increase the cost at will. This adds an "unknown" into the risk of investing in the MIVA business model. So if for instance the cost per module goes up to $8 and MIVA seats go up to $75 then our monthly cost is $406 and so on and so on.
                    http://www.invinciblemusic.com

Comment

Emporium Plus modules don't have (and won't ever have as long as we own them) monthly charges.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

As for Synchro, etc... (and I know this thread is overly long and probably going to be closed soon, summarized and then a new one can begin if needed to keep it more succinct), we're working on a solution for "API" users. API Users are third party programs (including Synchro) that "act" like an Admin user.

The way our tech works today we can't tell the difference between a human and Synchro (or ShipWorks, etc...).

You can though currently edit your Synchro URL to make sure it auto-logs out the second it's done, you can also set it it run on demand (as opposed to time based) so you don't need to use a seat to use Synchro.

We expect the API user solution (along with Developer user solution) to be revealed at MivaCon in March.
                        Last edited by Rick Wilson; 01-02-15, 05:01 PM.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

We have 32 modules (most of which are Emporium Plus) which are not covered by the standard MIVA interface. So at even as low as $5 each things add up. If the cost of MIVA goes up for us by $100 per month as we usually have the need for 2 peoples access and an additional $160 a month for modules that is $260 a month more which gets a serious second looking into. Many of these modules do rather mundane but still important things.

We have no control over the monthly cost so the developer can increase the cost at will. This adds an "unknown" into the risk of investing in the MIVA business model. So if for instance the cost per module goes up to $8 and MIVA seats go up to $75 then our monthly cost is $406 and so on and so on.
                          Sorry, but I guess you missed my point. If EACH module isn't worth a latte or so a month...get rid of it. At 32 modules I am positive you don't need about half of them (esp. with Miva 9).

If you only use it once month to day 15/30 minutes, maybe its not worth it. Maybe it is. I used to wash my own car...cause I was too cheap to pay the 8 bucks for the car wash...then I got smart. Even though that car wash is now 15 bucks, it makes much more sense and money to pay it and spend the extra 15/20 minutes on my business.

We adopted a YEARLY renewal fee for two specific reasons.

#1 It makes the module more affordable to start out with.

#2 The renewal fee supports Updates and Feature Upgrades. (Unlike certain module vendors, we continues to improve and tweak our products, not just set them out and milk them for what they are worth.) By using a small yearly fee, the cost of these improvements are borne by those that are benefiting from them the most: the current user base. (In the "Pay Up Front" scenario, the current user base subsidizes the new users.)

Lastly, the current base of module developers are VERY cautious and sensitive about price changes. I can't image any would just 'Change' the rate at whim.
                          Bruce Golub
                          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                            You can though currently edit your Synchro URL to make sure it auto-logs out the second it's done, you can also set it it run on demand (as opposed to time based) so you don't need to use a seat to use Synchro.
                            Where can we find instructions on how to edit the Synchro URL to make sure it auto-logs out? Also we run Synchro on demand and it still uses a seat, so I'm confused by your statement above.
                            Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                            Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

I will also be looking into alternative ecommerce solutions for clients moving forward. Small businesses simply can't afford this price structure. Period. I think Miva should at the very least not do this to existing clients. I now have to go to some clients and explain the Brand that I recommended to them is implementing a very aggressive price rating system... after the fact and after they and I spent thousands of hours building their stores. I am quite disheartened about this situation and can only think that I have enough skill sets to completely eliminate offering ecommerce at all thanks to Miva.
                              Last edited by sylvia8308; 01-09-15, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I also have to say that one of the factors in selecting Miva to offer my clients was AFFORDABILITY. This new and unexpected price structure is really a HUGE burden on me as a developer and on existing clients who are on MIVA. Your customer service rep tried to compare it to when Windows makes a change and stops supporting a product. However the big difference is I can go out and purchase a non-windows product relatively quickly, and with a one-time expense. With Miva the product took thousands of man ours to build and can't be replaced easily. Its like Miva is taking advantage of its clients and holding them hostage as it not so easy to move to another product.

Comment

Working...
                                X