Can't decrypt orders with new passphrase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't decrypt orders with new passphrase

Bottom line: I can use the passhprase to successfully update the passphrase on the 'Order Encryption' screen, (meaning I'm using the correct one) but I can't decrypt the orders that it says are encrypted with that specific key.

So to start, we wanted to test importing orders from a dev site.

To do that, we had to create a new encryption passphrase because the old site manager did not keep track of the old phrase.

So we did that, and we could then import orders along with payment information from the dev site.

But then our live site orders were coming through without payment information.

Again, we didn't have any of the old passphrases, so I created a new key, with the same passphrase as the dev site.

But now, even though I can update the passphrase (which you can only do with the correct passphrase to begin with) I can't decrypt the orders that are said to be encrypted with that passphrase.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jesse; 10-20-14, 10:07 AM. Reason: SOLVED

Re: Can't decrypt orders with new passphrase

Contact Miva!
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Re: Can't decrypt orders with new passphrase

I don't really know what happened, but I decided to create yet another Encryption key and Passphrase.

I chose to archive all orders since I wasn't ever going to find the previous passphrases.

This time, it removed all of the old keys listed (before, I had just added another one to the list somehow) and now there was only one key.

This key then worked to decrypt the orders on Miva, and in the orders imported into StoneEdge.

So solution was to archive old orders and create another key (I made sure all orders in Miva had been imported before doing this).

Comment

Working...
      X