This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.0003 Support Thread

Please post all Marketplaces 1.0003 support issues here.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Re: Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.0003 Support Thread

Is there a way to add a freight option in the shipping services drop downs in Miva?

Comment

Emilycohen,

Do you mean on eBay via our Marketplaces app or just on your Miva site itself?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick,

We are looking to begin using the marketplaces module to sell on Ebay. Our merchandise exclusively ships freight. In our current Miva store we had Kent Multer from Magic Metal create a real-time integration with our Fedex account. It seems that the Marketplaces module is using the existing API's in Miva to create the calculated shipping options. Is there a way to leverage other installed shipping modules such as our freight module or a table based shipping module and pass those calculations to EBay? Or is shipping something that needs to be setup on the Ebay side of things? Long time Miva user but first time EBay seller.

Kent also created a module that automatically calculates border crossing fees and additional taxes during checkout for our Canadian customers. Any thoughts on how to do that so we can sell to Canadians on EBay? Or is it just for US domestic customers?

Comment

I am having trouble downloading an order. We have been successful in downloading orders regularly in the past. I tried under 1.0002 then noticed update 1.0003. Installed 1.0003, Still not successful. Tried under utilities, Marketplace Ebay listing. Any ideas why this order is stuck?
          Thanks,
          Chet Vincentz
          [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
          www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
          www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

Originally posted by emilycohen View Post
            Is there a way to add a freight option in the shipping services drop downs in Miva?
            No there are no freight options in miva. You can set up a freight shipping policy from eBay. They use a 3rd party for freight shipping and we did not add freight shipping in this version.
            [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by chetv View Post
              I am having trouble downloading an order. We have been successful in downloading orders regularly in the past. I tried under 1.0002 then noticed update 1.0003. Installed 1.0003, Still not successful. Tried under utilities, Marketplace Ebay listing. Any ideas why this order is stuck?
              Check under your Marketplace - eBay Settings tab under Utilities and check your Order Import settings, there are 3 options in the dropdown. Depending on the setting will depend on what orders are imported. Let me know what option you have selected and we can move from there. Thanks
              [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Originally posted by emilycohen View Post
                Rick,

We are looking to begin using the marketplaces module to sell on Ebay. Our merchandise exclusively ships freight. In our current Miva store we had Kent Multer from Magic Metal create a real-time integration with our Fedex account. It seems that the Marketplaces module is using the existing API's in Miva to create the calculated shipping options. Is there a way to leverage other installed shipping modules such as our freight module or a table based shipping module and pass those calculations to EBay? Or is shipping something that needs to be setup on the Ebay side of things? Long time Miva user but first time EBay seller.

Kent also created a module that automatically calculates border crossing fees and additional taxes during checkout for our Canadian customers. Any thoughts on how to do that so we can sell to Canadians on EBay? Or is it just for US domestic customers?

Hello,

Our Marketplaces module pulls in shipping methods from eBay. It will pull in shipping dimensions and weight from miva when creating the order on eBay. If you wish to set up freight, the best option is to set up an eBay business policy for shipping on your seller account. You can find how to create the business policies on our documentation found here http://www.miva.com/marketplaces. Note, that not all eBay seller accounts can create business policies at this time. If you do not see it, you can create a ticket with eBay to enroll you to use business policies.

You can set up a international shipping methods in miva that ship to Canada. As far as border crossing fees and additional taxes, I am not sure if eBay takes that into account upon a user buying an item on eBay. Here is a link from eBay that explains how international shipping costs are calculated. http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/ship-...ationally.html . I hope this helps.
                [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Another person tried a different option and the order in question was imported. It is ok now.
                  Thanks for the followup.,
                  Thanks,
                  Chet Vincentz
                  [email protected]

www.electrodyne.cc Quality Motoring Accessories
                  www.racdyn-usa.com BMW, MINI & Porsche performance
                  www.artisticartifacts.com Creative art materials

Comment

I have had three orders import wrong from eBay. This only happens when the customer places an order for multiple items with different variations.

E.g.

1) Customer places order for (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, Black, 44 and (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, White, 44

2) Miva will import as two different line items but both will be the same.
                    a) (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, Black, 44
                    b) (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, Black, 44

What can be causing this?
                    Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                    (770) 441-9447
                    The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
                    http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by slabar View Post
                      I have had three orders import wrong from eBay. This only happens when the customer places an order for multiple items with different variations.

E.g.

1) Customer places order for (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, Black, 44 and (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, White, 44

2) Miva will import as two different line items but both will be the same.
                      a) (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, Black, 44
                      b) (1) Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, Black, 44

What can be causing this?
                      Hello, I am looking into this issue. I will try to get back to you tomorrow with an answer.

Thanks
                      [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Kyle,

How do I locate an order number for eBay. I called their support and they were not helpful at all.
                        Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                        (770) 441-9447
                        The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Kyle,

How do I locate an order number for eBay. I called their support and they were not helpful at all.
                          Edit the order in miva, click on the eBay Order tab and you will see eBay Order # on that tab.
                          [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Kyle,

According to Miva all three were single orders from eBay.
                            Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
                            (770) 441-9447
                            The Martial Arts Store

Comment

Kyle,

According to Miva all three were single orders from eBay.
                              The eBay order # are from eBay, we do not generate eBay order numbers. We take each eBay order # and create a miva order for it.
                              [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Working...
                              X