X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant Marketplaces 1.0003 Support Thread

Originally posted by habreu View Post
    Ebay and Marketplaces noob - just adding first product.

The product weight is 0.62 pounds. This generates a "The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight."

If I bump the weight to 1 pound I get the 'this listing will cost...' so that would work, but if someone purchases 20 units for example, they would be overcharged on the shipping i.e. 20 lbs vs actual 12.4 lbs - or am I missing something?

One unrelated question to go with this. This listing is for a single unit, If I want to have a volume discount is that possible (it is already on our regular storefront), or do I have to create a new listing (say a listing for 12units and one for 24units)?
    Hello,

The packaging weight minimum error is from eBay and we do not control that. However, I wrote up a support ticket with eBay with hope of a work around for products packaging weight that is less than 1 lb. I will reply to this thread when I find any information.

Thanks
    [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Ebay and Marketplaces noob - just adding first product.

The product weight is 0.62 pounds. This generates a "The package weight is not valid or is missing. Provide a valid number for the weight."

If I bump the weight to 1 pound I get the 'this listing will cost...' so that would work, but if someone purchases 20 units for example, they would be overcharged on the shipping i.e. 20 lbs vs actual 12.4 lbs - or am I missing something?

One unrelated question to go with this. This listing is for a single unit, If I want to have a volume discount is that possible (it is already on our regular storefront), or do I have to create a new listing (say a listing for 12units and one for 24units)?
      I was able to ask eBay about sending lower than 1 lb packaging weights. Their response is as follows:
      "We suggest that you enter an integer and then send a message to the buyer telling about the actual weight of the item."

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks
      [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

This is probably more of an eBay question but I am not sure as this is all new.

I have a product and have been wrestling with and finally removed the listing.

It is a lock for 4.49 but the shipping for a single unit doubled the price so I tried a 10 pack with a USPS medium flat rate box seemd ok but then I realized that since the weight of the 10 pack is 6.5 pounds, they could order about 12-10 packs and pay for a single flat rate box (and only one 10 pack fits in each medium box).

I've gone crazy with those combined settings and not sure how to handle this.

So is there a way to set up a single product (1 lock instead of a 10 pack) and have 1 unit get shipped one way, 2-10 flat rate medium, 11-20 flat rate large etc?

Or do I create a 10 pack, 20 pack, 30 pack etc as separate products and list each one?

Totally baffeled here and don't want to sell a bunch of locks and then it turns out we lost a ton of money on shipping.

Comment

This is probably more of an eBay question but I am not sure as this is all new.

I have a product and have been wrestling with and finally removed the listing.

It is a lock for 4.49 but the shipping for a single unit doubled the price so I tried a 10 pack with a USPS medium flat rate box seemd ok but then I realized that since the weight of the 10 pack is 6.5 pounds, they could order about 12-10 packs and pay for a single flat rate box (and only one 10 pack fits in each medium box).

I've gone crazy with those combined settings and not sure how to handle this.

So is there a way to set up a single product (1 lock instead of a 10 pack) and have 1 unit get shipped one way, 2-10 flat rate medium, 11-20 flat rate large etc?

Or do I create a 10 pack, 20 pack, 30 pack etc as separate products and list each one?

Totally baffeled here and don't want to sell a bunch of locks and then it turns out we lost a ton of money on shipping.
          Hello,

I am trying to understand your issue. I feel this would be better solved if you open a ticket with our support and link this thread saying that Kyle Hansen asked for me to open up a ticket. This way, I can look closer and try to duplicate this scenario on my sandbox account and help you find the best solution.
          [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Thank you, will do.
            Last edited by Rick Wilson; 11-25-14, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hello, I sell Motorcycle aftermarket parts and accessories and just discovered that the Marketplace module does not support Ebay Motors. Kinda disapointed as I am able to post to any other Ebay catagory but the one I need! I have found a work-around though. I have to list my item(s) in the "Everything Else" catagory and then go to my Ebay and copy/relist it to Ebay Motors. For some reason I cannot simply change the listing to Ebay Motors as it defaults back to the "Everything Else" catagory. I have to "Relist similar item" to Ebay motors and then delete the original listing to make it work. Any chance of getting Ebay motors included to the listing list in Marketplaces?
              Thanks,
              Jim

Comment

Jim,

Yes eBay Motors is on our list, but it's for all intents and purposes a stand alone product (it's a whole new set of API's).

So it's not coming until after Amazon.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

I can not retrieve my eBay info for the store or the sandbox. I can log into ebay with them but Miva says they don't exist.
                  Don Lappin
                  Manager
                  PLFixtures.com
                  1-816-463-3034

Comment

Originally posted by dplsr View Post
                    I can not retrieve my eBay info for the store or the sandbox. I can log into ebay with them but Miva says they don't exist.

Hello,

I am not sure what issue you are having. I am assuming you are trying to link your eBay account with Miva. Here is a link to detailed documentation on the steps to link your account. http://www.miva.com/marketplaces

Let me know if you have trouble still.

Thanks
                    [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

The weight issue (not being able to assign a product weight lower than 1lb) is a big problem... we sell many products that only weigh a few ounces so a package that contains a dozen items in reality might weigh one or two pounds but gets calculated as weighing 12 pounds.

Is there any way for Marketplace to have a field for the number of ounces for items less than a pound that could be imported to the appropriate field in eBay?

Psydde Delicious
                      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
                      Philadelphia, PA
                      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
                      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
                        The weight issue (not being able to assign a product weight lower than 1lb) is a big problem... we sell many products that only weigh a few ounces so a package that contains a dozen items in reality might weigh one or two pounds but gets calculated as weighing 12 pounds.

Is there any way for Marketplace to have a field for the number of ounces for items less than a pound that could be imported to the appropriate field in eBay?
                        Hello,

In the next version of Marketplaces, we fixed the issue with sending weight less than 1lb in the shipping weight field. So you can now specify decimal values in the field without getting any errors from eBay. Version 1.0004.
                        [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

It's worth noting 1.0004 is not out yet.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Kyle and Rick.

Are we looking at MivaCon as possible release date for Marketplaces 1.0004?
                            Psydde Delicious
                            Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
                            Philadelphia, PA
                            www.DeliciousBoutique.com
                            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Ebay Global Shipping

Is Ebay Global shipping not supported under the shipping policies?
                              Can't find it. Only seeing No International shipping, calculated and flat cost.

Thanks

OOPs, sorry, just notice this is v1.0003
                              We are already on 1.0004 ... will repost
                              Last edited by Patd265; 04-16-15, 07:23 AM.
                              pat
                              http://lockitt.com

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread and open the 1.0004 thread.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X