Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: product reviews for 2014

Hey Bill,

I can say that our new module has store ratings/testimonials, however it would most likely need to be customized/expanded further to fit your specific needs. The foundation is there to make a lot of these requests a reality though, feel free to reach out to me via PM if you would like to discuss further.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
      Hey Bill,

I can say that our new module has store ratings/testimonials, however it would most likely need to be customized/expanded further to fit your specific needs. The foundation is there to make a lot of these requests a reality though, feel free to reach out to me via PM if you would like to discuss further.
      Thanks, I'll keep it in mid as soon as we finish our migration project from MM4 to M9.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Any product review module should have a way for the store owner to respond to the review so misinformation can be refuted. I am using Sebenza and my comments end-up awkwardly placed between the reviewers comments and the reviewers signature. Store comments should appear below the signature and indented.
        Bill Dunn
        SunCam, Inc.
        http://www.SunCam.com
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Dunn View Post
          Hey Bill,
          Thanks, I'll keep it in mid as soon as we finish our migration project from MM4 to M9.
          Any product review module should have a way for the store owner to respond to the review so misinformation can be refuted. I am using Sebenza and my comments end-up awkwardly placed between the reviewers comments and the reviewers signature. Store comments should appear below the signature and indented.
          You mean like Facebook threads?
          Last edited by William Davis; 01-18-15, 07:44 AM.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Would being able to edit the review be enough? Meaning, what you put in could be formatted differently?
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

You mean like Facebook threads?
              I imagin so. Not personally a facebook user.
              Bill Dunn
              SunCam, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Would being able to edit the review be enough? Meaning, what you put in could be formatted differently?
                I prefer to keep the reviewer's comments intact and add the store comment below. I use bold text to differentiate.
                Bill Dunn
                SunCam, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                  Our new Ratings & Reviews module is currently in beta, should be released soon.
                  have you stuck a deal with Google so that reviews will be included in Google Seller Ratings?
                  Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                  Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
                    I'm glad this topic came up. We have always wanted to use some kind of "Review" (other than just testimonials), but never really been able to find a suitable solution for our particular industry. Fortunately this seems like a great opportunity for us to bring our particular problem up.

Our industry has somewhat of a unique situation, we deal in the sale of true rare vintage collectibles (commonly referred to as Old New Stock in retail terms). Consequently we usually are not able to have more than one of any particular item in stock because they are truly rare, and once sold out the probability of ever being able to replace it is not likely.

So it seems pointless to request visitors and customers to write a product review, because in most cases you will only have one review for each product.

Think of a category page with 25 different product, and half or so with only one review with best case scenario maximum rating on all but for products that are all already sold out -makes for bad optics. Not only that, who would bother to go into the product page to read one product review that is sold out?

Thus in our particular industry, I believe the "Review" should focus on Service and Expectations rather than the product; Item received accurately matched product description and condition, How pleased they are with the item, Timeliness of Delivery, Quality of Packaging, Overall Service, Would you buy again, Would you refer others, Comments, etc...

And of course some type of automated feed to social media and widgets would be ideal, and it must be relatively intuitive and effortlessly manageable as possible.

Oh, and it seems to me at least, that even though testimonials are totally different matter, they should be part of a testimonials solution as well. These "Reviews/Testimonials" should be able to be displayed randomly anywhere on the site through tokens/widgets, and on other affiliate sites as well -that's quite a grocery list hug?

Please let me know what do you think?
                    We have the same situation. Most of our products are one of a kind, so as soon as it sells there is no longer a product to review.

The best solution we have found for our situation is Shopper Approved. You install a widget on the invoice page, which asks site related questions such as ease of use, find what you are looking for, etc. They automatically send a followup email to complete the review (after a predetermined number of days) and add post-delivery comments and answers about the product. You create the questions for each so it is customized to your business.

See banner on the right:

A second widget adds rating summary to your site. http://www.asianartmall.com/PROD/33365.html

A third widget pulls random reviews and cycles through them. (embedded in category footer) Scroll to bottom of page.

http://www.asianartmall.com/PROD/33365.html
                    Jim Sisk
                    Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Originally posted by jsisk View Post
                      We have the same situation. Most of our products are one of a kind, so as soon as it sells there is no longer a product to review.

The best solution we have found for our situation is Shopper Approved. You install a widget on the invoice page, which asks site related questions such as ease of use, find what you are looking for, etc. They automatically send a followup email to complete the review (after a predetermined number of days) and add post-delivery comments and answers about the product. You create the questions for each so it is customized to your business.

See banner on the right:

A second widget adds rating summary to your site. http://www.asianartmall.com/PROD/33365.html

A third widget pulls random reviews and cycles through them. (embedded in category footer) Scroll to bottom of page.

http://www.asianartmall.com/PROD/33365.html
                      Interesting, I will be looking into that.
                      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Have you stuck a deal with Google so that reviews will be included in Google Seller Ratings?
                        I don't see a platform based plugin/module ever getting approved as a Google Seller Rating source because even if you lock users from editing the ratings/reviews in the admin, they could still technically alter them in the database. Google wants to see raw unedited ratings/reviews, both good and bad.

That said we did develop the solution with these guidelines in mind and we have another possible idea to see if we can get it pushed through.

I prefer to keep the reviewer's comments intact and add the store comment below. I use bold text to differentiate.
                        Our solution is template based to allow for customization of the displays.
                        Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 01-19-15, 08:01 AM.

Comment

We have officially released our GD Ratings & Reviews module: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...views&p=428531

Comment

I have been approached by Shopper Approved to install there google feed product rating on my website. I have looked around and they get good reviews from other users. I’m wondering if Miva has a recommendation for this type of service. I seem to remember getting an offer from Phosphor Media to have my site be a beta test for a similar service. Does Miva have a module for google product rating feeds on the horizon? Anyone have some wise words?

Comment

I can say both Product Review Feeds and Seller Ratings are high priorities for our newly released Ratings & Reviews module, however Google has strict guidelines and approval processes that must be adhered to with these features.

Comment

Any reviews of the review programs yet? Sitting on the fence between GD and Phosphor.

Comment

Working...
                                X