product reviews for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product reviews for 2014

What are people using for product reviews these days?

Sebenza is, if I'm not mistaken, not longer updated and is showing its age (lack of pros/cons, no aggregate ratings).

Power Reviews is expensive. Is it really worth $80/mo?

Toolkit reviews are kind of clumsy, especially on the backend.

A reviews module doesn't seem to be on Miva's radar (unfortunately).
    Guy Turck
    The Glass Baby Bottle - Toxin Free Essentials for Babies & Toddlers

Re: product reviews for 2014

Dear Guy,

How would you like one to work?
    Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

- aggregate rating for a given product ala Amazon
      - pros/cons feature
      - login not required to review
      - confirmed buyer (optional)
      - easy to manage back end
      - support available
      - will need to be compatible with Miva 9
      - any feature that makes actually writing a review easier

Preferably the review can be written on page without reload or being taken to a new page (as can be done with the Toolkit implementation).
      Guy Turck

Comment

A reviews module doesn't seem to be on Miva's radar (unfortunately).
        For the record, this is not a true statement. It's just not on the 9.0.0 radar (since that's coming out imminently)
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

There is also Yotpo, whose connector module is being reworked by Glendale ATM.

Also, though no time frame as yet, we are working on a non-hosted version...that will specifically be able to use sebenza's and emporiums data, but with a modern design and feature set.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Good to know, Rick.
            Guy Turck

Comment

We have also had a new module based reviews solution on the table a number of times, however never pulled the trigger due to Rick's radar/unknowns and a number of other factors. As soon as the dust settles with Miva Merchant 9 and the new APP store, I suspect this void will be thoroughly filled.

As Bruce stated our Yotpo integration module is rolling again, we should have a better picture on possible release date in the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                For the record, this is not a true statement. It's just not on the 9.0.0 radar (since that's coming out imminently)
                This is great news (that it's being worked on). We've used the Sebenza module for a few years and it's really showing its age. They also offer NO support at all. I just hope the new Miva designed method will allow us to import our reviews from Sebenza! :)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeakerRepair.com View Post
                  This is great news (that it's being worked on). We've used the Sebenza module for a few years and it's really showing its age. They also offer NO support at all. I just hope the new Miva designed method will allow us to import our reviews from Sebenza! :)
                  That would be goal #1 for ours as well. We are working an auto import feature so you don't even have to do anything.
                  Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                    That would be goal #1 for ours as well. We are working an auto import feature so you don't even have to do anything.
                    Awesome! I'm sure you'll email your customer base when this is available. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeakerRepair.com View Post
                      Awesome! I'm sure you'll email your customer base when this is available. ;)
                      But of course. We'll probably be asking you to beta test it too :)
                      Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

any news on this, I'm needing a better reviews module
                        I never used sebenza, using yotpo (sucks), ready for something new

Comment

Our new Ratings & Reviews module is currently in beta, should be released soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                            Our new Ratings & Reviews module is currently in beta, should be released soon.
                            OK thanks please post here once it's done!
                            Thanks

Comment

I'm glad this topic came up. We have always wanted to use some kind of "Review" (other than just testimonials), but never really been able to find a suitable solution for our particular industry. Fortunately this seems like a great opportunity for us to bring our particular problem up.

Our industry has somewhat of a unique situation, we deal in the sale of true rare vintage collectibles (commonly referred to as Old New Stock in retail terms). Consequently we usually are not able to have more than one of any particular item in stock because they are truly rare, and once sold out the probability of ever being able to replace it is not likely.

So it seems pointless to request visitors and customers to write a product review, because in most cases you will only have one review for each product.

Think of a category page with 25 different product, and half or so with only one review with best case scenario maximum rating on all but for products that are all already sold out -makes for bad optics. Not only that, who would bother to go into the product page to read one product review that is sold out?

Thus in our particular industry, I believe the "Review" should focus on Service and Expectations rather than the product; Item received accurately matched product description and condition, How pleased they are with the item, Timeliness of Delivery, Quality of Packaging, Overall Service, Would you buy again, Would you refer others, Comments, etc...

And of course some type of automated feed to social media and widgets would be ideal, and it must be relatively intuitive and effortlessly manageable as possible.

Oh, and it seems to me at least, that even though testimonials are totally different matter, they should be part of a testimonials solution as well. These "Reviews/Testimonials" should be able to be displayed randomly anywhere on the site through tokens/widgets, and on other affiliate sites as well -that's quite a grocery list hug?

Please let me know what do you think?
                              Last edited by William Davis; 01-17-15, 04:55 AM.
                              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X