Can't Advance from OSEL to OPAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Advance from OSEL to OPAY

I've been mulling about with a problem on our Dev store and was hoping if someone could spare a few minutes of their time to be my second set of eyes.

During checkout on the OSEL Page (Payment/Shipping Selection), once selecting a credit card & ship method you cannot advance to OPAY. When clicking to continue checkout, it resets the radio buttons with no notification of error. It will not advance to the next step (OPAY) and it does not produce an error as to why.

http://sandbox.stlmedical.com

I've tried reverting everything to past versions in case I broke something. I've also tried the original OSEL/OPAY page content, global header and global footers just in case, and this problem persists.

This issue also isn't happening on our live store stlmedical.com (thankfully!). I've mirrored the code from there exactly and when I look at the form on both our live and development sites using FireBug, all of the form inputs seem to be the same. The problem persists.

We do use the NetBlazon "Payment on Account" module which DOES allow it to pass through to OPAY.

Maybe its something with the Paypal module? But with all of the same settings as our live store and receiving no errors/logs, I'm completely boggled by this. It's worked before so I don't know what changed.

(Note, this dev site is currently using Miva 9 Beta in prep for the upgrade but this problem existed before we switched it from Miva 8. I'm wary of updating anything from this Dev site to the live store, lest I risk breaking our checkout completely.)

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Re: Can't Advance from OSEL to OPAY

Just trouble shot this on one of our development projects. Turned out to be a function we hadn't implemented in the page code but was still in the custom module (order agreement feature).

So try deactivating any module that might be active during the OSEL/OPAY transition. Also, make sure you have &mvt:global:error_message; eval'ed somewhere on the page so you can see any errors. (Having a front side variable inspector such as our Inspector module can also provide valuable insight.)

Finally, in case you don't know, you'll need to put some validation on those radio buttons as this would be the exact behavior one would see if a customer didn't check a shipping option and clicked continue. (I'm assuming that those radio buttons are dynamically generated so we can rule that issue out as the current problem you are having.)

Lastly, the ID's you are using for Shipping selections could be problematic later on (esp. for validation). Here's a quick recap on ID values:

ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and may be followed by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens ("-"), underscores ("_"), colons (":"), and periods (".").

HTML 5 is even more permissive, saying only that an id must contain at least one character and may not contain any space characters.

However, as a practical matter, you will be somewhat more limited if you want your documents to work with a variety of browsers, CSS editors, and JavaScript frameworks.

As noted in other responses, jQuery has problems with ids that contain periods and colons.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce - thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

I do have a validation script for those buttons (and functioning on the live site) but removed them recently just to check and make sure the script wasn't causing a problem. Scripts are usually the first thing I'll swap out. I haven't tried ruling out the modules yet since we've got the same ones running on both the live and dev stores, so I'm going to do that next.

I sincerely thank you for the help. I'll report back if I can diagnose the problem.

Regards,
      ~A

Comment

So I did add the &mvt:global:error_message; to the OSEL template and it did show me this:

"No records found: MER-PGR-DTB-00070"

Any idea what that might mean? I tried searching for it on Google and in the Miva Forums but came up with nothing.

~A

Comment

Something to do with price groups...its new to M9 and I haven't downloaded the M9 LSK yet. Try disabling the price group module.
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

It's in the new PriceGroupAndModuleList_Load_Basket_Coupons() function.

Just a wild guess, maybe it has something to do with the use of Coupons, or a setting that affects that? Or possibly you don't have a module assigned that Merchant 9 needs?

Although I have no idea why it would be giving an error on the OSEL - OPAY transition.
            Last edited by Gordon - Phosphor Media; 10-23-14, 07:21 PM.
            Gordon Currie

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon - Phosphor Media View Post
              It's in the new PriceGroupAndModuleList_Load_Basket_Coupons() function.

Just a wild guess, maybe it has something to do with the use of Coupons, or a setting that affects that? Or possibly you don't have a module assigned that Merchant 9 needs?

Although I have no idea why it would be giving an error on the OSEL - OPAY transition.

Not sure, either. Also, I did upgrade our dev site to Miva 9 Beta but the problem existed before I did the upgrade. My fat chance hope the upgrade might correct something was definitely wrong. :)

Still changing some things with modules to see if I can pinpoint the problem. I'll keep updating if I find anything

Thanks again for your help,
              ~A

Comment

Found it!

It was the Payment Methods for Groups module by Emporium Plus installed on our store. We had it active under "Utilities". I turned off this module and now the cart advances to OPAY just fine.

And, even better, I still have 12 hairs left on my head. Thanks for the help.

The "No records found: MER-PGR-DTB-00070" is still appearing but it isn't affecting checkout or coupon processing.

Regards,
                Adam
                Last edited by adaml; 10-24-14, 02:35 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
                X