Template changes - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template changes - need help

We have been with Miva a long time. So our product page and product display layout have a varied history.

I am trying to make inventory variants work so that a drop down selection of a particular product would also change the price shown on the product display page. It does not change the price there, but when added to basket it puts the right variant and price in the basket.

Could someone point me to a vanilla template - or section of the template that needs to exist for inventory variants to snap change the price when a certain variant is selected (like in the video provied by miva)?

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Template changes - need help

Originally posted by samgold View Post
    We have been with Miva a long time. So our product page and product display layout have a varied history.

I am trying to make inventory variants work so that a drop down selection of a particular product would also change the price shown on the product display page. It does not change the price there, but when added to basket it puts the right variant and price in the basket.

Could someone point me to a vanilla template - or section of the template that needs to exist for inventory variants to snap change the price when a certain variant is selected (like in the video provied by miva)?

Thanks
    Sam
    I hope I'm right because I think all it is below assuming you've already added the attribute machine head template etc.

<span id="price-value">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</span>

Next step on the attribute machine tab of the PROD page make sure price-value is in the price element location
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark,
      Do you mean I have to copy the head template into the Head Tag content CSS area?
      I have not done that - it is still in the attribute machine.

Sometimes things are so convoluted that it takes a while to get all the elements in place

Thanks
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by samgold View Post
        Mark,
        Do you mean I have to copy the head template into the Head Tag content CSS area?
        I have not done that - it is still in the attribute machine.

Sometimes things are so convoluted that it takes a while to get all the elements in place

Thanks
        Sam
        Nope sorry I'll try not to miss anything but there is more if you are doing image swapping...
        Head tag of Prod page should have
        <mvt:item name="attributemachine" param="head" />

I've been trying to find an old post that had all the template changes to make it work without much luck.

http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...853#post377853
        Last edited by Mark Hood; 11-01-14, 12:10 PM.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

If you go here and go to Appendix A it has the template changes there. http://www.miva.com/pdf/MivaPR8_10-30-13.pdf

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X