Second Opinion of New Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Opinion of New Web Site

I am looking for some help with our Miva site. To make a long story short we hired a Miva developer to do a complete update to our site. The process is ongoing, eight months at this point and I still don’t consider the in development site to be close to completion. The developer is asking for the final payment as he is under the impression that he has or is close to completing the project. I am seeking a second opinion. I am wondering if there is someone on this forum that would like to look at the site. To look at the “inside” of the site and see if the site is close to completion, or still in the beginning stages of development.

I am also paying a third party to host my present site with a non-compliance fee. During the development to this point, the new design was intended to be hosted by Miva, but currently is not. This is resulting in a second hosting payment to Miva in addition to another non-compliance fee. This is becoming expensive and would like to wrap things up one way or the other.

I am asking for someone to simply take a look at the current status of the development site and let me know at what point the process is in, I just can’t see throwing good money after bad if the site is a long way off. It would be good to get a second opinion on whether this project is still in its infancy, or is close to completion. I am happy to pay an hourly rate for this work.

Re: Second Opinion of New Web Site

I can have a look for you.
    You should be able to see how far off completion it is from the actual store, unless you are having a lot of custom coding/features done. Do you had an artwork (PSD) that the site should look like when completed.

I think final payments should only be paid when the job is finished.
    Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
    [email protected]
    Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

Re: Second Opinion of New Web Site

I can also provide a third opinion if you'd like!

Cheers,
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X