password protected site for approved customers only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

password protected site for approved customers only

I've been using the Force Login module longer that I can remember. In fact the date on the license says 2008. The problem is that I'm constantly getting complains from customers that they can't login. Customers that have placed orders on the site before and are using the same username and password they've always used.

I'm using a two step process since anyone can create an account. I've added all category and products to an availability group and if the customer account is approved they are added to the availability group. Most of the customer have the same complaint, they can go through the login process but as soon as they click on a category it kicks them back to the login screen.

I'm running the latest:
    Miva Merchant 5.5
    Production Release 8 Update 12
    Miva Merchant Engine v5.20
    Database API: mysql

There must be a better way to build a B2B site for approved customers only?
    Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Re: password protected site for approved customers only

Yeah, why not use Availability Groups and hide all the content otherwise?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yes that's what I'm doing. A two step process. They must have an account and be in the group.
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Dear GSam,

How would you like it to work?

How will the system know to let someone to shop if you do not approve them first?
        Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

We do approve them first. They are approved when we place them in the availability group. If they are not in the group they cannot see any categories or products.
          Gary

[email protected]
          www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Dear Gary,

You asked if there is a better way, how would you like it to work other than how it works now?

I really do not see any other way than there is now. That is why I asked how would you l like it to work.
            Thank You,

Nerd Boy

http://www.nerdboyinc.com

1-855-Nerd-Boy

Comment

I'm also confused as to why you're using the forced login module?
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Sounds like the main issue is the login practice.

Did your site migrate to the new login method where the customer uses an email address as their login name? Have you don't any customization to the login process? A "remember me" feature might also be helpful. I know NetBlazon used to have one, and we have that as a feature in our Easy Contact module, but other than improving the actual login process, not sure there is a better way. (Unless the managing of content (i.e., products in the group) is troublesome.
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input it always makes me stop and evaluate why I'm doing something and what's the real purpose behind it. The forced login is because we don't want any screen to be viewable by someone who is not a current Retailer. I don't want the public to see the SFNT, SRCH or PLST screens. But it's futile because anyone can create an account and immediately gain access to these screens. We use the Availability Group because if anyone can register we don't want them seeing the wholesale prices.

I think I'm going to consider removing the "Create Account" button on the Login Screen. All accounts will be created in-house and then I can drop the availability group. This will place a little more work on us but it should simplify the whole process.
                  Gary

[email protected]
                  www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Working...
                  X