Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnail Image not appearing on Cateogory Page

Hi there

When I add a product, the thumbnail image does not appear on the category page - just an empty frame with link to product page. How do I add this to the category page (what would the tag line be) and where on the page would I add that tag?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Thumbnail Image not appearing on Cateogory Page

You need first create an image type and then assign the image you uploaded as that type. You can then go to to the CTGY page -> Category Display Layout and assign that image type to that page.

Here is a video on how to do it:

http://www.miva.com/videos/store_own...-category-page
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi there

Thank you for this reply.

I followed the video carefully and adding the image type was no issue.

However, when I navigate to Pages > Category Display and then click the "Category Product List Layout" Link the offerings are not at all what shows on the video. Not even close. There are not two or three methods of getting to that link so I know I am accessing using the correct path (pages > category display > category product list layout" but what the vid shows and what I get are not the same.

Can you tell me how to make it so I get the same offerings off that link?

Any help is of course appreciated.

Comment

At the bottom of the Category Product List Layout tab there is a link (below the "Version" Box) that says either Point + Click Mode or Advanced Mode. When you click on it the page will switch to the other mode. The Image pull down you are looking for should appear when you switch modes.
        Keith Oratz
        PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
        www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Thank you this did work. Unfortunately now.. although I have it set for 4 (or 3 doesn't matter what I do) columns.. suddenly all the products now line up down one column against the left menu. ): And the borders around each product are gone.

Do I make a new thread or can this one continue till it looks like it should? (like it did before with several columns, but with pictures now also showing)

Comment

Working...
          X