Editable Basket Attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editable Basket Attributes

Still looking for a solution. We aren't able to use the Sebenza module anymore (for some time) because of known bug.

Thanks.

Re: Editable Basket Attributes

Can you refresh us on the issue?
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

It mangles text attribute values if they are part of an attribute template, even if the edit screen is just opened. Sometimes it just deletes them. We had to quit using it.

THis dates back to 2011 sometime. I can't find the thread quickly.

Last I remember it was a pretty hefty issue and wasn't going to be addressed.

EDIT: We don't use inventory variants or the attribute machine, just a lot of attributes. Every product will have from 1-5 lines of text, minimum.
      Last edited by nottheusual1; 11-11-14, 02:34 PM.

Comment

We have this on our consideration list, but there are number of modules ahead of it, and variants definitely add to any build if they were to be supported. If Rick were able to get his hands on the Sebenza module beings that it is discontinued at this point anyways, might be able to overhaul it, though it's hard to say without seeing the source. If there were enough demand/sponsorship interest, we might be able to make it a priority on our end.

Comment

I'll throw my hat into the ring. We use the editable basket attributes module on 3 or 4 sites. Attribute templates are not involved, so this is still working for us. If there were an updated version, we would be interested.

Ron
          Ron Frigon
          Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Hi folks -- I've written lots of modules, including a couple of custom projects that involved editable attributes. Everyone who's interested in this is welcome to drop me a line by email. If there are two or more users with similar requirements, you may be able to share the cost. Thanks --
            Kent Multer
            Magic Metal Productions
            http://TheMagicM.com
            * Web developer/designer
            * E-commerce and Miva
            * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Kent :: Sent you an Email.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
                We have this on our consideration list, but there are number of modules ahead of it, and variants definitely add to any build if they were to be supported. If Rick were able to get his hands on the Sebenza module beings that it is discontinued at this point anyways, might be able to overhaul it, though it's hard to say without seeing the source. If there were enough demand/sponsorship interest, we might be able to make it a priority on our end.
                Let me know if you get all your variables figured out. I need to move forward. Our busy season starts JAN1 so we'd like to get this figured out by then.

Thanks Dan!

Comment

Working...
                X