This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Problems with international charachters since upgrade. I am using ISO-8859-1. Some of my articles get garbled characters. Sometimes - not all the time. gråmetall lågor is a typical example. (Switching to UTF-8 during Christmas time is out of the question, I have to rewrite every line of text.)

I noticed that I have   in my Total column in Orderprocessing. Is it so by design?
    I was alarmed first, but than it seems to function well on Invoice, so I am just curious.

I cant update the shop using my Galaxy Tab. The keyboard dissapears, no input possibilties. But I guess its too much to ask.
    The GUI is great and scales smoothly though.

Great job and thanks.

Comment

Hi Protos

I am trying to recreate what you are seeing, can you provide a link to an instance where “grÃ¥metall lÃ¥gor” is getting garbled. Or is that an example of the garbled version of something else? Do you have ISO-8859-1 listed as the character set under edit store> settings?

I also am not seeing any   in the total column on the Order Processing page, can you send a screen shot of where you are seeing this?

When you say you cant update the shop on your Galaxy Tab are you talking about running updates on miva merchant, or clicking the update button on a product or page?

Thanks
      -Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

1) yes I have ISO-8859-1 from the beginning of MIVA 4. I started to get character problems after update, never had itbefore.
        http://www.cigarrummet.com/produkt/QTR115003%C2%A0.html
        Yesterday I was creating a new product with an attribute red = röd, and it get garbled again and again on the product page. Though it looks correct in admin interface first. Than after updating the page it gets röd inside the shop. Here is todays example http://www.cigarrummet.com/produkt/PT100C.html. See atribute. I created a ticket on thiis one
        nbspOrders.JPG
        2) Totals show  . But it shows ok in the invoice.

3) I am trying updating inventory or status in products. Standing in the numbert field is supposed to get the input interface. It disappears at once. So I cannot write. I thought that interfacewas supposed to be scalable and responsive.

Sorry for being a bit incoherent....
        Best wishes from Stockholm

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
        Hi Protos

I am trying to recreate what you are seeing, can you provide a link to an instance where “grÃ¥metall lÃ¥gor” is getting garbled. Or is that an example of the garbled version of something else? Do you have ISO-8859-1 listed as the character set under edit store> settings?

I also am not seeing any   in the total column on the Order Processing page, can you send a screen shot of where you are seeing this?

When you say you cant update the shop on your Galaxy Tab are you talking about running updates on miva merchant, or clicking the update button on a product or page?

Thanks
        -Eric

Comment

To Eric Foresman,

Just must add one more comment on - using ö in attribute didn´t help. Usually if in trouble I can use html for Swedish entities å, ä, ö (å ä ö)
          In the other garbled entities I could fix it by rewriting and saving, but with this attribute - I have not succeeded though I spent an hour in updating it.

It feels like character settings are not working through entire site.
          The rest of the site is in Swedish with all entities correct on the navigation tree and the rest of articles.

Thanks for answering
          Regards from Stockholm
          André
          Last edited by Protos; 12-04-14, 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm getting an odd error in one of our modules (Optimizer) under Merchant 9:

Runtime error in mm5/5.00/admin.mvc @ [000001f5:00000018]: admin/ui.mv: Line 656: MvDO: The specified path references a directory that does not exist

I look in the LSK and it is in DrawImgButton_All. We are not calling this function.
            Gordon Currie
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Gordon,

Are you sure you are looking at the correct file and line number? Line 656 is in the function JavaScriptEncode_NoEntities for me.

Thanks
              David Carver
              Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

David:

I'm looking on both 5.5 and 9 beta 2. admin\ui.mv. In the beta 2 one (IDENT = "$Id: ui.mv 45785 2014-08-08 19:14:22Z rguisewite), line 611 is the beginning of JavaScriptEncode_NoEntities() - which we're also not calling.

Update: I downloaded the final 9 LSK, and I see JavaScriptEncode_NoEntities() on line 655.

However, I notice that line 656 has [ g.Filename_JSON ].JSON_Encode. Elsewhere (line 171/172) JSON_Encode is called like this: [ g.Module_JSON ].JSON_Encode.

Feel free to pm or email me directly since we're talking source code.
                Last edited by Gordon - Phosphor Media; 12-04-14, 01:12 PM.
                Gordon Currie
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Protos

Thanks for getting back to me with more info, it has helped me track down some of these issues.

1, I have field a bug for this. It turns out that the browser is forcing a UTF-8 character set encoding for JavaScript input fields. You should be able to work around this issue by using the XML Provisioning Format module to setup the attribute option instead of the admin interface.

2. A bug has been filed for this as well; the Order Processing batchlist is displaying the currency symbols from the “generic currency formatting” module incorrectly.

3, I don’t have a tablet handy here at the office, but I will try this out when I get home.

Thanks again for letting us know about these.

-Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                  [email protected]

Comment

Had trouble in a development site with a product priced at $0.00. After adding to basket all screens were showing:

Runtime error in mm5/5.00/modules/component/cmp-mv-minibask.mvc @ [00000028:00000594]: modules/component/cmp-mv-minibask.mv: Line 1482: MvDO: Unable to find function 'IEEE754_Normalize'
                    :: The Office Dealer - http://www.theofficedealer.com
                    :: ph/fax: 888-809-8893
                    :: http://twitter.com/theofficedealer
                    :: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bretsutherland

Comment

Originally posted by theofficedealer View Post
                      Had trouble in a development site with a product priced at $0.00. After adding to basket all screens were showing:
                      Did you upgrade that dev site? Did the upgrade complete all the way?

Thanks
                      David Carver
                      Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by lisafer View Post
                        Any thoughts as to why my Sort Products by Category v5.03 module isn't working? I've entered my VALID license number three times and nothing.

Also, is there a way to see just the products assigned to a category rather than than all the products?
                        Did you ever get sort products by category working? I can't find a way to do it and I will probably call the company on Monday. As for just seeing the products in a category I went to Advanced Search on the Products screen, Selected "Product in Category" and then selected the category I wanted.

Comment

Empty Product Counts

Catalog > Category. Some of the Product Count fields are empty although the products show up assigned within the Category and Inventory Tracking is checked.
                          Last edited by diana; 12-06-14, 10:31 AM.
                          Diana Hall
                          http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

I few issues I've been having:

1) Anytime I need to check certain orders off to either transfer them from pending > processing or to capture multiple payments, it seems to reset the checked off orders anytime I scroll to quickly which is a pain when I'm in a time crunch (especially this time of year), and when I say to quickly I mean one flick of the scroll wheel on the mouse. It's getting very time consuming doing them one by one.

2) For some reason when we have to do an adjustment on an order, any other order after that that needs an adjustment changes the shipping prices. It's only doing it for older orders, so I'm thinking it may be a UPS worldship issue, something like the rate changes went in and is now updating them. But it never did that before...

3) And we recently had a goof up where we mistakenly put all of the orders with had in a pending folder and created a shipment on them and now they're sitting in processing, which again makes the 1st complaint even worse when I have to go through 150+ orders to find the actual ones going out that day. Really wish there was a way to undo pending > processing.

Comment

When I try to view the main page of the admin interface on a mobile device (both iPad and iPhone) the screen will not scroll. I can see just what fills the screen, but I'm not able to scroll down to see the rest of what should be there. When I change between portrait and landscape orientation on the device the screen redraws and fills the available space up and down on the page, but I'm still not able to scroll down to see the rest of the page. All I get is white space. Screen shot from my phone attached.

IMG_1562.jpg
                              Last edited by oliverands; 12-12-14, 07:26 AM.
                              Todd Gibson
                              Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Todd,

I can confirm we bumped into that this week too. It won't be fixed in 9.0001 (I don't think) but it will get fixed soon.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]
                                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                                X