This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Not sure if this is just a module compatibility issue but when we search on a product code in the admin universal search, it lists all available tabs except the Viking Coders Inventory Manager (still using it). Can we control what appears in the universal search as a node?

For example, when I search on product 1234, I get the following results:

Edit Product: (1234) Product Name
    Edit Product: (1234) Product Name > Images
    Edit Product: (1234) Product Name > Inventory (which btw actually opens a red error 'tab not found')
    Edit Product: (1234) Product Name > Attributes
    Edit Product: (1234) Product Name > Categories
    Edit Product: (1234) Product Name > Custom Fields
    etc etc.
    All available tabs are there except Inventory Manager.

Not a major issue but thought I'd bring it up.

Thanks.
    Joe McDonald
    patrickwebby.com

Comment

Originally posted by elisabeth_hale View Post
      Any word on the "Array index must be a positive integer" error? I am unable to use my main product import. And I don't have a Keywords field in it. It's a big file, so I don't really want to go through testing by removing a field at a time, so any hints would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Hi elisabeth_hale

The issues was with the Keywords column for that specific store. The real issue is that two different modules were creating a custom field with the same code. In this case it was the Meta tag module creating a custom field of “keywords” (META_KEYWORDS) and the custom fields module creating a field of the same code “keywords” (CUSTOM_ KEYWORDS).

But it doesn’t have to be Keywords, it can be any custom field code that appears twice in the file.

Hope this helps

-Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

I'm noticing when setting up a Product Discount promo, there are 2 ways to show the discount in the BASK:

Display Discounted Line Items Separately
        Group Discounted Line Items by Product/Attributes

This controls how Miva shows the discounts with crossed out pricing.

However, when I choose the option: Display Discounted Line Items Separately
        I get some weird results IF the product in the cart doesn't qualify for the discount.

If I setup the store to have only certain items get 10% off, any products that qualify are shown fine. In the Item column you see the crossed out original price and then next to it the 10% off price (see image below)

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 7.18.26 PM.jpg

But, if a product is added to the cart, and doesn't qualify, the Item display shows the crossed out original price and then next to it the same full price (see image below)

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 7.17.52 PM.jpg

Think the template code needs to change to not show the crossed out price if the product isn't part of the discount.

Choosing Group Discounted Line Items by Product/Attributes seems to display better in that it doesn't show any crossed out price if the product isn't discounted. But I don't like this view as much because it doesn't show the discounted price for each item....just the total discount.

-Kevin
        Last edited by lancermedia; 03-06-15, 04:20 PM.
        Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
          Hi elisabeth_hale

The issues was with the Keywords column for that specific store. The real issue is that two different modules were creating a custom field with the same code. In this case it was the Meta tag module creating a custom field of “keywords” (META_KEYWORDS) and the custom fields module creating a field of the same code “keywords” (CUSTOM_ KEYWORDS).

But it doesn’t have to be Keywords, it can be any custom field code that appears twice in the file.

Hope this helps

-Eric
          Thanks Eric! Very good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
            @rox-headblade -

Looks like there was a change in Version 9 that is causing this. Still trying to track it down. However, the solution to this is for you to add the following to the states list, so that customers shipping to military addresses do not have to select outside us and manually type in their "state"

Under Store Settings, Click on the States tab. Add the following:

AA Armed Forces Americas
            AE Armed Forces Europe
            AP Armed Forces Pacific

This will add them into your states dropdown list and allow customers to get past the validation.
            This is pretty important stuff here.

It would be nice if you posted this type of stuff to the admin page rather than the ad for MivaCon which I have seen over 50 times a day for the last month or more. Please add this to the feature request list:

1) Turn off your ad after it has been viewed X amount of times. There is no point in wasting the bandwidth. If I haven't reacted the first 500 times I saw it, I probably won't react on the 600th time. (that is a conservative number since we have multiple sites and log in 15 to 20 times a day)

2) Add a notification for major bug fixes. (such as this)
            Jim Sisk
            Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Originally posted by jsisk View Post
              This is pretty important stuff here.
              2) Add a notification for major bug fixes. (such as this)
              I think that's a great idea.

Comment

There is a negative discount for sales tax when an item is not even taxable. We launched a coupon named MAD that gives users 30% off their basket total, this coupon is now expired. It looks like it is only applying to orders in Florida and when a user is using a coupon. We do have global tax setup for Florida, but the individual product record allows for tax exclusions.

For example:
                - Customer from Florida buys a product that has no sales tax for $59.95
                - Customers shipping is $8.47
                - Coupon discount applied is -$17.98
                - Sales Tax is -$1.26

Can someone let me know when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks,
                Chris Angulo
                www.fashionablecanes.com

Comment

We have a free ground shipping price group set up. We also have a fallback shipping charge of $15.00 because we've seen instances where the customer enters their address incorrectly or the FedEx server doesn't respond.

The fallback shipping charge doesn't get included in the free shipping price group. For example, a customer placed an order that had a total weight exceeding 150 lbs, so they hit the fallback shipping method. The items in the order were included in the free ground shipping price group, but they were charged the $15.00 fallback shipping charge.

Comment

Hi Chris

We have a bug in for this issue and it should be fixed in the next release.

-Eric
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hi TFo

You can’t set up any discounts to be applied to the fallback shipping method. However, with the way you are using the fallback shipping method you should be able to set up a flat rate method that does what you want.

Create a flat rate method for $15, set the shipping method rules so that all other shipping methods will exclude it from the list when present. You will then be able to add it to the shipping methods that the shipping discount applies to and because of the shipping rules it will never get displayed unless it is the only available shipping method.

Hope this help

-Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      [email protected]

Comment

cssui_links component module issue with additional stores in the mall. I didn't have much time to track this down. When using the storefront parameter, on the additional store, the link takes you to the domain store instead additional store SFNT page. My fix was to not use the cssui_link to the storefront in the additional stores.

Scott
                        Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
                        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
                        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
                        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
                        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
                        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Amazon Payment request

Could you make it so that the shipping address could be copied to the billing address for Amazon Payments? We import our orders into StoneEdge and they get put on hold because the billing address won't validate. I've already talked to StoneEdge about it and there is no way around it for us.

Thank you,
                          John
                          Thank you,
                          John

Comment

Possible conflict with William's Volume Pricing module?

Not sure where to post this, so I'll start here.

This feature was working before upgrading to 9 - that is, keeping multiple quantities of the same product separate during checkout.

My client sells loose tea by the ounce. A shopper can buy any amount in 1 ounce increments.

What's supposed to, and used to, happen:
                            When a shopper adds 1oz of Earl Grey tea, for example, to their basket, then adds another 1oz of Earl Grey to their basket, these are treated as two separate items during checkout.

If you add 1oz of Earl Grey to your basket, then 2ozs of Earl Grey to your basket, these remain separate during checkout.

What happens since upgrading to 9:
                            When a shopper adds 1oz of Earl Grey tea to their basket, then adds another 1oz of Earl Grey to their basket, these get merged into 1 product with a quantity of 2, after the Basket page. (not correct)

If you add 1oz of Earl Grey to your basket, then 2ozs of Earl Grey to your basket, these remain separate during checkout. (correct)

Kent Multer wrote some custom modules for us, and I've been in touch with him. He's looked at everything and has advised me to return to Miva for answers. He's wondering if there's a conflict or a bug.

Can anyone at Miva help?

Thanks!
                            Cameron
                            Trent Studios, LLC
                            Graphic Design, Website Design
                            TrentStudios.com
                            (970) 568-8652

Comment

Hey Cameron -

See this thread from kent:

http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...ehavior-in-MM9

You will most likely need to add an attribute to each product you want to teat as its own line item so that it does not get combined.
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]
                              https://www.miva.com

Comment

There is a bookmark problem with Marketplaces 1.0004. When we bookmark the ebay listing page, which is what we use to import the orders, the resulting bookmark returns a blank white page.
                                Thank you,
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X