This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Trying to activate coupon functionality.

Following the steps in this video http://www.miva.com/videos/store_owners/coupons resulted in the coupon code box appearing in our basket. However the "checkout" button disappeared. We had to revert the basket to an older version to get the checktout button back.

Today, following the steps in said video results in no coupon box, but our checkout works...so that's a step in the right direction?

Comment

This isn't exactly a bug, per se, but it's caused me enough frustration over the last week of using Miva 9 that I thought I would make the request.

The new search bar function is great. Really great. Now that I have it, I'm using it all the time.

The only problem is that when it's used, the search term remains in the search box. The next time the search box gets used, the previous term is still there. In order to remove it, you have to backspace every letter to clear the box to enter a new term. It won't even let you CNTL-Shift-Arrow or click and drag with the mouse to quickly select everything for deletion.

It would be really great if the box would automatically clear when it's clicked to start a new search. That would keep my backspace key from wearing out in 2015.
      Todd Gibson
      Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post
        This isn't exactly a bug, per se, but it's caused me enough frustration over the last week of using Miva 9 that I thought I would make the request.

The new search bar function is great. Really great. Now that I have it, I'm using it all the time.

The only problem is that when it's used, the search term remains in the search box. The next time the search box gets used, the previous term is still there. In order to remove it, you have to backspace every letter to clear the box to enter a new term. It won't even let you CNTL-Shift-Arrow or click and drag with the mouse to quickly select everything for deletion.

It would be really great if the box would automatically clear when it's clicked to start a new search. That would keep my backspace key from wearing out in 2015.
        Hey Todd,

We've made changes to fix some of the issues you're having in the Universal Search for the next release. In the meantime, if you hit Control+U in the search box (or any batch list search box for that matter), it will empty the search field and allow you to start over from scratch. Not sure whether or not we'll be clearing out the field every time you click a result, but I'll bring it up for consideration. Hope that helps! Also, Alt+\ will open the universal search regardless of where you are.
        Ryan Guisewite
        Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
        www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Ryan. That's great to know.

For what it's worth in making your decision about what to do with this going forward, I did find yesterday that I came across a situation where I reused the value in the universal search box. So there are cases where leaving it might be useful. But far, far more often it's the case where I'm starting a new search and need a clear search box.
          Todd Gibson

Comment

Incomplete installation of patch 'mm90000' detected. was the error I received when I ran the update.

Comment

I've just tried to create a new custom order field to capture the customer's IP address, and it looks like there's a bug in the query that drives the Utility Settings | Custom Fields screen in the admin interface.

I'm able to add and save a new custom order field, but when the admin screen attempts to redraw after the field is saved, I get an error message pop up that says:

Code:
              Miva Merchant returned an invalid response.
              Module: customfields
              Function: CustomFieldList_Load_Query
              Response: {
              "success":    1,
              "data":
              {
              "total_count": 28,
              "start_offset": 0,
              "data":
              [
              {
              "id":    29,
              "code":    "0",
              "name":    "ip_address",
              "type":    "order",
              "formatted_type":    "Order",
              "fieldtype": "textfield",
              "formatted_fieldtype":    "Text Field",
              "info":    "",
              "group_id":    IP Address,
              "formatted_group":    "",
              "additional_options":
              [
              ]
              }
              ,{
              "id":    28,
              "code":    "alsobought",
              "name":    "Also Bought",
              "type":    "product",
              "formatted_type":    "Product",
              "fieldtype": "textfield",
              "formatted_fieldtype":    "Text Field",
              "info":    "",
              "group_id":    0,
              "formatted_group":    "\u003cDefault\u003e",
              "additional_options":
              [
              ]
              And so on through the remainder of my custom fields. It appears that the values for the new order custom field aren't being returned in the correct places. Here's how they are stored in the database table:

id group_id code name fieldtype info
              29 0 ip_address IP Address textfield

When I delete that record from the database table, the admin screen draws correctly again.
              Last edited by oliverands; 12-18-14, 06:34 AM. Reason: Fix typo
              Todd Gibson

Comment

Hi Todd

We have a bug in for that issue and it should be fixed in the next version. However if you don’t want to wait for the next patch you can open a service ticket with support. They have a manual fix for this issue to get people up and running again when they come across this issue.

Hope this helps

-Eric
                Eric Foresman
                Software Tester
                Miva Merchant
                http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Discountflies View Post
                  Incomplete installation of patch 'mm90000' detected. was the error I received when I ran the update.
                  That's not a bug. The update has not completed. If you choose Resume and you get an error please submit that to our support team and we can step in and get it fixed.
                  Jim McCormick
                  Miva Merchant Support
                  866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

I was thinking about jumping on Suivant, in large part of it being mobile friendly. However, when I started looking at your test site, I found that the menu is basically unusable on my Nexxus 7. If I touch women, it brings up a submenu with lots of options. The problem is that it disappears before I can even read a small part of it.
                    Thank you,
                    John

Comment

We are receiving comments that the emailed customer password recovery link always says "Expired" when people attempt to retrieve their password by clicking on the link in the email.
                      Last edited by whona; 01-05-15, 09:31 AM.

Comment

If I touch women, it brings up a submenu with lots of options.
                        Wow. I really want to comment on this.
                        Matt E.
                        www.harpkit.com

Comment

yes, made for a good laugh.
                          Diana Hall
                          http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

Hi, all my buttons dissapeared after patching to 9.0001. I restarted the browser and emptied cashe... no help

Comment

Originally posted by Protos View Post
                              Hi, all my buttons disappeared after patching to 9.0001. I restarted the browser and emptied cache... no help
                              Can you clarify what you mean by your buttons disappeared? The icons? The buttons themselves? I'd recommend contacting support so we can figure out what is going on and get you back on track more quickly. If the icons themselves are gone (aka, the buttons are empty or contain only text), there is probably a configuration error with your URLs that is pointing to the incorrect location for those icons.
                              Ryan Guisewite
                              Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
                              www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
                                Can you clarify what you mean by your buttons disappeared? The icons? The buttons themselves? I'd recommend contacting support so we can figure out what is going on and get you back on track more quickly. If the icons themselves are gone (aka, the buttons are empty or contain only text), there is probably a configuration error with your URLs that is pointing to the incorrect location for those icons.
                                I have the same problem. Miva is installed in an "/mm5/" directory but after updating to 9.001, the administrative interface starts looking for administrative fonts in a root "/fonts/" directory instead of "/mm5/fonts/". This causes all of the Miva icons to display as little squares because Miva can't find the fonts.

Under Domain Settings I have the "Root Directory for Modules" set to "/mm5/" but the "Root Directory for Graphics" set to "/". Did 9.001 switch from looking for fonts in the Root Directory for Graphics?

Comment

Working...
                                X