This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Please post any bug reports for Miva Merchant 9 in this thread.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Updated one of my dev sites from beta to production this morning. Received this error message:

Incomplete installation of patch 'mm90000-from-beta' detected.

A patch that has been partially installed was found in your list of available patches.

The following error caused this patch to abort:

Pre-install validation failed. No modifications have been made to the existing installation. The following issue must be resolved before installation can continue:

Table "MiniBasket_Settings" for store "GT" does not exist or does not contain one or more expected columns: mysql_stmt_prepare: Table 'giggle_mm5dev.s01_MiniBasket_Settings' doesn't exist

After this issue has been resolved, please select Resume Failed Installation

Once I clicked "install" for the Mini-Basket module under Utilities the M9 installation went fine.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

We just released a change to our validation step at the beginning of the installation. You can now try to re-run the update and choose Resume Installation and it should install.
      Jim McCormick
      Miva Merchant Support
      866-284-9812

Comment

On our dev site, I just hit the multiple/additional license issue - but I was not signed in.

Earlier this morning I was signed in to the admin via Chrome browser (latest 64 bit Windows). I left for a few hours without signing out. When I returned, I opened that tab again and was directed to the admin login, and when I just tried to login, I got the warning and it showed two usernames (me) and two IP addresses (mine). I was able to kick myself out, but this doesn't seem right.
        Gordon Currie
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

What exactly doesn't seem right?
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Rick:

AFAIK, I was logged out - but the login showed otherwise. I would expect that if I get logged out after hours of non-activity, that session is dead. Instead, it was like a zombie - not alive, not dead. That zombie session was unusable by anyone but blocking my access. Again, like a zombie I had to get out the shovel (or whatever you kill zombies with).
            Gordon Currie

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Got it, keep an eye on it, obviously for some reason it didn't log you out.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon - Phosphor Media View Post
                On our dev site, I just hit the multiple/additional license issue - but I was not signed in.

Earlier this morning I was signed in to the admin via Chrome browser (latest 64 bit Windows). I left for a few hours without signing out. When I returned, I opened that tab again and was directed to the admin login, and when I just tried to login, I got the warning and it showed two usernames (me) and two IP addresses (mine). I was able to kick myself out, but this doesn't seem right.
                What is your Administration Session Timeout set to? Domain Settings -> Domain Details -> Timeouts.
                Jim McCormick
                Miva Merchant Support
                866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
                  What is your Administration Session Timeout set to? Domain Settings -> Domain Details -> Timeouts.
                  Jim:

Admin timeout is set to 240 minutes. However, I notice that it typically takes much less than an hour - maybe 20-30 minutes - before my session appears to die and I am presented with the login.

I originally thought it had something to do with the Simplenet dev sites setup, but it occurs much more frequently with Merchant 9.

Interestingly, last night I left myself logged in, went to the tab this morning, got the login (as expected - longer than 4 hours), and was presented with a login. No 'zombie' session.
                  Gordon Currie

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Any thoughts as to why my Sort Products by Category v5.03 module isn't working? I've entered my VALID license number three times and nothing.

Also, is there a way to see just the products assigned to a category rather than than all the products?

I am thrilled that wrap text is an option on the product pages, but there's other stuff that's going to drive me to drink.

Comment

lisafer,

Is that an Emporium Plus module? If so open a ticket, we'll figure it out for you.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

We've dug in and identified an underlying issue that causes memory issues in "Low Resolution Navigation Mode". Specifically people using Firefox or IE where the internal heigh of the screen is 640 pixels or less, switch to "LRNM". When in that mode, in those 2 browsers performance degrades immediately (both scrolling and loading).

The long term fix will come in 9.0001 but we have pushed out a "hotfix" remotely that should solve the problem in most use cases immediately even without 9.0001.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Getting the following error when using the search bar(page specific one) under utility settings > custom fields

mysql_stmt_prepare: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version

Also can't select and delete full text entered in the top search bar. It let you select the full text but when you hit delete it only deletes the last digit of the string.

Comment

Not sure if this is a bug but images manually uploaded to the image directory via FTP don't show up in the add images pop up window(in product creation page) and as far as I can tell there is no place to manually enter the file path to the image.

Comment

There's a bug that's something to do with the European Tax settings that's appeared after updating to 9.

Anyway our store is based in New Zealand and our NZ customers weren't able to move past the customer info page, or update their account, and probably create an account, kept getting an error message with nothing highlighted.

However we were still receiving a few orders, all from overseas which are tax free, indicating it was something to do with the tax settings.

I remove NZ from the VAT country settings to see if that would allow progress but it didn't. The only other country references are the store owner and registration setting, so I changed the store owner country to Nepal (never had an order from there) and now NZ and other countries can progress through...

Ticket ID: DVI-772-66249

Just checking this further as there is a tax required field in the store detail fields, however turning that off didn't allow me to revert to back to our correct country code, since the update, in the customer fields an extra VAT Tax field had appeared in bold signalling a required field, seems this could be what's tripping this up. (I've comment this out now in our store if anyone checks)
                              Last edited by SteveG; 11-15-14, 12:43 PM.
                              Steve Gerard
                              www.flyshop.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                              X