X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Bugs

Hi selfhelp1

We have a bug in for that issue, should be fixed in the next release.

Hope this helps

-Eric
    Eric Foresman
    Software Tester
    Miva Merchant
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
      Are you on the 5.21 engine by chance?
      Ryan, I am running:

Miva Merchant 9.0002
      MivaScript Engine v5.20
      Database API: mysql
      Kristin Park

Comment

Originally posted by 1873Peacemaker View Post
        Ryan, I am running:

Miva Merchant 9.0002
        MivaScript Engine v5.20
        Database API: mysql
        Hmm. Check your page template and see if "order_contents" is assigned to your EMAIL_ORDERCONF_MERCHANT page. If it is, unassign it. The toe_order_contents item should be replacing that one as the assigned item. (also, if order_customer is assigned, it should also be unassigned). If that doesn't fix it, open up a ticket with our support team and we can see if there is something else going on.
        Ryan Guisewite
        Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
        www.miva.com

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a Miva bug, an issue with the module (Advanced Shipping Manager by KingWebmaster) or just a function of me clicking too many times.

I was trying to sort out shipping for a particular product and I added and removed the origin zipcode in the module interface for the product (in the Miva admin) a few times. I also updated the store basket probably two dozen times, changing the quantity each time, as I tried to get it to trigger the shipping condition the way I expected. The product began to generate the following error at this point whenever I added it to the basket and tried to checkout (as it went to Checkout: Shipping/Payment Selection)

Runtime error in merchant2/5.00/modules/shipping/advshipping.mvc @ [00000025:0000008e]: advshipping.mv: Line 517: MvCALL: Read Timeout

After several attempts for two days I finally had to clone it, delete the original and then assign the clone the original product code number and it worked fine. Only the specific product I was using for the test was affected.

As I said it might have just been me giving it a heart attack but thought I'd mention it in case it exposed a weakness.
          Last edited by habreu; 02-17-15, 01:26 PM.

Comment

That error means the call the module is making to Advanced Shipping Manager systems to get rates is no being completed. It is timing out before it get a response.

Most likely their systems were just having issues during that time. Once it was fixed, the module started getting rates again.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Actually I tried multiple times over two days. All other products correctly got rates during this time from their system. Just not the single product I had been using to test and which I had submitted multiple times. As soon as I removed and recreated the product it worked instantly. It may have been timing out but something else was at work somewhere.
              Last edited by habreu; 02-17-15, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Its possible the data we were sending over was causing their systems to not know how to return a response. Maybe it was missing something. It is hard to know without seeing was being sent.

If it happens again, email our support team. We can log the request which should help determine why the request is timing out.
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Will do - thanks.

Comment

Is this a bug? Customers are now able to create multiple accounts using the same PASSWORD RECOVERY EMAIL.

Comment

Is this a bug? Customers are now able to create multiple accounts using the same PASSWORD RECOVERY EMAIL.

From Development:

They’ve always been allowed to do that, and are still allowed to if they are using the old (pre login-with-email) template sets. If they use the PR8 Update 7 or newer templates, they are prevented from using a duplicate recovery/login email.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Does the Old Emporium Plus "Sort Categories and Products" module, work correctly in Miva 9? It seems to work ok in Chrome, but with IE we get a fetal error.

Being able to resort products in a category, as emporium plus had, is easier and faster that exporting and reimporting. also, the simple number sequence that miva has stock is cumbersome. Maybe at some point, Miva can incorporate some of those sort features

Kevin
                        www.automotiveworkwear.com

Comment

It should work in 9 without problems. Typically fatal errors are un-related to the browser. Can you re-create this every time or does it only happen sometimes.

Also, we have a bunch of new sorting features coming out in 9.0003 which should help quite a bit.
                          Brennan Heyde
                          VP Product
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

When purchasing a new license, the page that opens shows the store license and a registered email, but the email address is old. The note at the bottom says "If registered e-mail is incorrect, please update in the Miva Admin Domain settings screen." However, when I go to Domain Settings, that has the correct email. The one the license page displays is no where to be found.

Is this a ticket issue?

Thanks.
                            Joe McDonald
                            patrickwebby.com

Comment

Originally posted by jpatrickm View Post
                              When purchasing a new license, the page that opens shows the store license and a registered email, but the email address is old. The note at the bottom says "If registered e-mail is incorrect, please update in the Miva Admin Domain settings screen." However, when I go to Domain Settings, that has the correct email. The one the license page displays is no where to be found.

Is this a ticket issue?

Thanks.
                              Click on Menu >>> Store Settings and make sure the email under Owner is also correct. If you continue to have issues, please send me a private message with the key, old email address and new email address.

Thank you,

Wayne
                              Wayne Smith

Comment

When I am Order Processing > Shipments screen, I want to add the Total Captured field to the screen. I can do this successfully and the correct results are displayed on the screen. However, when I export to CSV file, the Total Captured column are all exported as 0.00

This is an important feature that I need, because I only Capture Payment when I ship -- this would allow me to compute total revenue by date

Comment

Working...
                                X