Some Observations/Inquiries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Observations/Inquiries

Okay, now that this is up, I notice completely different options available between browsers on the maintenance side. Internet Explorer is missing much of what makes Miva work internally in regards to product, specifically the Catalog and subcategory (Products|Categories|Attribute Templates|Inventory) whereas all this is present in Google Chrome. As it now sits, I cannot use Internet Explorer at all it appears.

Also, I can find no expandable category tree in the maintenance side, as in former Miva versions. Am I missing something?

Is there an option to go back to the way it looked before?

Re: Some Observations/Inquiries

Something is wrong with your installation if it looks that way, you should open a support ticket.

No there's no way to use the "old look" the change wasn't skin deep so that was not a possible option.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

So, there are no internal expandable category tree navigations for the categories you set up?

I have been clicking and clicking, just to find out which products are assigned to a category, and I cannot find anyway to show all the products assigned to a category.

I will do a support ticket for the browser issues.

Comment

I have been clicking and clicking, just to find out which products are assigned to a category, and I cannot find anyway to show all the products assigned to a category.
        No, you can see what's assigned. Go to a Category, and click on the icon on the Far left of that row, it should open up the Category Preferences and a second tab called Products.

In the middle of the icons on the right side you'll see one that looks like an Eye, click that and choose Show Assigned.

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 8.28.26 PM.jpg
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

there are no internal expandable category tree navigations for the categories you set up?
          This is coming in a future (likely the next) update.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Never mind, I finally figured it out.

Wow, what a lot of steps just to get to something simple. And I still don't know if I can get at the internals of a product from the category side of things. Do we really need all these extra steps to do something that used to be so easy?

Comment

Have you tried the search nav up top yet? I think you'll find it's way faster. We'll be watching feedback and tweaking as we go (based on real world usage) since our goal is to make it faster to use. I think you'll find overall it's much faster to run your store in the new Admin.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Yeah, the search nav thing was a mess. We have over 3000+ products and many of them share similar names. Almost completely unusable. Also, does not appear at all times in Internet Explorer. Appears in Chrome.
                Last edited by whona; 11-12-14, 08:36 PM.

Comment

It sounds like something is specifically wrong in your store. We tested extensively all the way back to IE8 and with a product catalog of over 1 million SKU's. It worked very well in our testing.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                    It sounds like something is specifically wrong in your store. We tested extensively all the way back to IE8 and with a product catalog of over 1 million SKU's. It worked very well in our testing.
                    More likely something different with my laptop's IE, as IE on my desktop is showing the previously missing pieces of navigation. Simple text links would not cause these types of issues.

Not to be a pain, but we are talking about the internals of the maintenance section, and it is far more complicated than our consumer-side website. I mean, pop up navigation layers? Really? What are we supposed to be working on this with, smart phones? This is a lot of stuff to deal with right during the holiday season.

Comment

Other than visually seeing a hierarchy of Categories (which is coming), I'm not actually clear what you're requesting.

We had over 400 Beta Testers and I've been using this Admin for 7 months. For me personally, the new Admin is so much more efficient for what I normally do. In addition the feedback from the Beta group was also all positive.

We're open to (and plan to) continue optimizing for efficiency, but frankly I don't understand what you're asking for. I'd also suggest using it for a couple days before drawing final conclusions.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Furthermore, there used to be a button to click to see if there were any unbatched orders. Is that now gone?

Comment

Furthermore, there used to be a button to click to see if there were any unbatched orders. Is that now gone?
                          Do you mean under Legacy Order Processing in the old Admin?
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

If so, then go to the Search Nav up top and start typing Legacy... you'll see it pop up and you can get to that old screen that way. If you use that a lot, I'd suggest Bookmarking it for quick access (with the new Bookmark feature).
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                              Other than visually seeing a hierarchy of Categories (which is coming), I'm not actually clear what you're requesting.

We had over 400 Beta Testers and I've been using this Admin for 7 months. For me personally, the new Admin is so much more efficient for what I normally do. In addition the feedback from the Beta group was also all positive.

We're open to (and plan to) continue optimizing for efficiency, but frankly I don't understand what you're asking for. I'd also suggest using it for a couple days before drawing final conclusions.
                              Well I guess maybe we have been using it wrong for the past ten years then, because the most common things we did were as follows:

We would click a "View Orders" button to see if there were any unbatched orders.
                              We would expand a category and add new product to that category (plus assign any sub-categories to that product), plus remove month old products from the "Latest Items" category of each section.
                              We would Delete Baskets.
                              From time to time, we did maintenance mode to update all of our quantities on hand from our StoneEdge order management system.

On a rare occasion, we would alter something in either the payment or shipping method sections. Once in a very great while, we would change some layout sections of the page.

Comment

Working...
                              X