Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Observations/Inquiries

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
    Looks like Brennan already answered your question on another thread.
    There were no hard codes anywhere to the product, but the category display used the secure session global code, which I have now switched out. Hopefully that will solve my issue, but I will have to wait for Google's spiders to re-index to know for certain.

Comment

Back to bashing the new interface ;)........ It seems like a lot of things are hidden under the "..." in the upper right hand corner of pages. Any way we could make that part of the user settings? such as "Use ... to hide really important stuff you don't know is there" or "Show all available options even if it pushes them to a hideous second line of links" have us check off as a user which display style we prefer similar to how you can decide if you want hover effects or not.

Comment

The ... is based on your screen size. A big enough screen and they go away.

We are looking at adding the ability to reorder the tabs though, so you can choose which get displayed and which get ...
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

My wish list

This is a minor point and should be at the bottom of the list compared to other Miva 9 issues, but if there could be anyway in future, to have the option and have all the sub-sections display at the top. Example, you go to “utility settings”, I see 5 sections across the top: “Custom Fields, Custom Group fields, xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx”, then I see that black oval with 3 white dots (ok, it means more items click here), I click there and I have more sections listed (actually on my system about 7 more) Why hide the majority of what I need.

Besides the fact its an extra mouse click (like so many thing in MIVA 9), which slows you down. I must rely more on my memory where things are rather than my line of sight. We know why you did it, to make MIVA look sleek, modern, and not intimating, but it slows you down. In the admin, I want to move fast, in and out.

Anyway, my wish list would be to provide some user interface controls to allow some modifications or customizations to meet individual work flows. I would prefer to have all subsections and wish there was an settings option to allow this. There is a reason why some of us use two or three monitors, we want everything on the screen, just like a one page checkout.

Thanks

Kevin
          www.automotiveworkwear.com

Comment

Example, you go to “utility settings”, I see 5 sections across the top: “Custom Fields, Custom Group fields, xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx”, then I see that black oval with 3 white dots (ok, it means more items click here), I click there and I have more sections listed (actually on my system about 7 more) Why hide the majority of what I need.
            The ellipses are based on your browser width, the wider your browser the less of those you'll see. We're also looking at providing user level control of tab ordering so you can put the tabs you want farthest to the left, etc...
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

IMO: the more ellipse would work better as a hover.
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                The ... is based on your screen size. A big enough screen and they go away.

We are looking at adding the ability to reorder the tabs though, so you can choose which get displayed and which get ...
                Why not just have more than one row?

Comment

Why not just have more than one row?
                  We were specifically trying to avoid that.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

We were specifically trying to avoid that.
                    Why avoid it? I can only assume it's to get more screen real estate? Have you found that most people are now using tablets in the admin?

Comment

I've been using Miva for 18 years. I've spent 2 days working with the new interface and just spent an hour or so on the phone with Miva support getting some training. Maybe my opinion will change, but so far I have to say it's much more difficult to use the new interface. I definitely support the idea of bringing back the left side navigation in some form. The ability to "drill down" is a MUCH faster way of doing edits and finding what I'm looking for quickly.

This is coming in a future (likely the next) update.

Comment

Working...
                      X