Name - pg1
    Eligibility - Coupon Only
    Type - Buy x Get y
    Apply To - All Eligible products

Created Coupon
    Code: BOGOF
    Description: BOGOF
    Eligibility: All Shoppers

now I was expecting either a text box to add the eligible products or a category look button to assign a category in either one of these but found nothing in neither

Any Help?

Upgraded To Miva 9
    from
    Miva5.5 - MMUI Store

Re: Marketing Coupon Help

Hi,

You need to set up a price group.
    You should watch the tutorial on Marketing. You will find the link to it on the admin home page (lower right side)

Comment

There are Qualifying Products and Discounted Products buttons that appear at the top of the Price Groups display when a group is highlighted. To my knowledge there are no category assignments.

Comment

Cheers Guys !

here's a link to the marketing videos that explains everything
        for anyone else that reads this

http://www.miva.com/videos/category/...g-price-groups

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Glendale Designs View Post
          There are Qualifying Products and Discounted Products buttons that appear at the top of the Price Groups display when a group is highlighted. To my knowledge there are no category assignments.

Click on the Qualifying Products tab. You can then use the Advanced Search for a particular category.
          That will list all the products in that category. Then you can choose the products from there. I don't think you can assign a category on its own. At least, I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Comment

I have followed the video for buy x get y
            I have added a price group and assigned the products I want discounted

now when I add two of my assigned product to basket no discount is applied
            is there something to switch on in the basket page for this to work

or is this a feature not available for MMUI stores
            Thank you

Comment

It definitely works with MMUI but there are template changes you need to make in order for the discounts to display.

We'll be posting a file with all the changes this morning, if you need it urgently, email me and I'll send it along.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Cheers Rick !

No I can wait

Hope there's an answer to my other 2 questions I posted about in there

Thanks again

Comment

Here's the link to all the changes: http://www.miva.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...mplate-changes
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Cheers Rick!
                    I will get into it now

Comment

Originally posted by ridgewood View Post
                      I have followed the video for buy x get y
                      I have added a price group and assigned the products I want discounted

now when I add two of my assigned product to basket no discount is applied
                      is there something to switch on in the basket page for this to work

or is this a feature not available for MMUI stores
                      Thank you
                      You may or may not have caught this, but the procedure has changed slightly from the video. When assigning the coupon to a group, it is done from the above edit options and not inside the pop-up screen. I don't want to tell you how long it took me to figure that out.......................bash.gif

:)
                      Max

www.MaxairEngineering.com

Comment

Rick, is an error message supposed to show when a coupon is invalid or out of date?
                        Max

www.MaxairEngineering.com

Comment

I'm sure there is one, did you make the template changes? They're here: http://www.miva.com/version9-template-changes
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Maxer View Post
                            Rick, is an error message supposed to show when a coupon is invalid or out of date?
                            I made the template changes and don't see any error messages when testing an invalid code or a coupon that is not valid yet.

I also get redirected back to the BASK page when redeeming a coupon on any of the checkout screens. I am currently using the point+click mode for testing.
                            Jon

Viscott Limited
                            www.viscott.com

Comment

I made the template changes and don't see any error messages when testing an invalid code or a coupon that is not valid yet.
                              Make sure the messages item is assigned to the basket screen.

I also get redirected back to the BASK page when redeeming a coupon on any of the checkout screens. I am currently using the point+click mode for testing.
                              In our testing the RCPN forces to basket on invalid/error, even if the screen code is explicitly specified. (similar to ORDS/LOGN interactions) Curious if there are technical reasons for this as it poses a less than desireable user experience, especially if the shopper were to enter in customer information while not logged in and/or try to redeem later in the checkout process only to be returned to the basket page. (if I were the shopper I would abandon at that point)
                              Last edited by Dan - Glendale Designs; 11-15-14, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X