Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Template Changes

dachenbach

The latest version of the Version 9 Documentation (dated 02-28-15) looks to have an updated set of the Template changes. I checked a couple of your questions and they seem to be fixed.

http://www.miva.com/pdf/MivaV9_02-28-15.pdf

Brennan and Rick - How do you guys notify the community when the resource material is updated? I stumbled across this new version. This thread (which is a sticky) might have been a good place to post it.
    Keith Oratz
    PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
    www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Hi Keith,

I appreciate the response, and learned that I didn't have the latest version of the User Reference Guide. However, I think the Template Changes section of the Guide PDF predates the website and unfortunately, unless I just missing it the latest PDF doesn't address any of my five particular issues. In the time since that section of the PDF was made miva went through and added CSSUI/MMUI labels to almost everything on the webpage, which was a very helpful step toward a more clear set of changes.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and maybe we'll hear something from miva now that we're back into the work week.

Darrin

Comment

If I don't hear back on this thread soon I'll just submit a ticket and post the response here for the benefit of others who may be having the same issue. I know the template changes aren't all required but I don't like the feeling of being "99%" done with the Miva 9 upgrade and being uncertain as to how to get to 100%. :-)

Darrin

Comment

I've been waiting for clarification before I dive in.
          Keith Oratz
          PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
          www.preparesmart.com

Comment

I can help clarify some of these

1. The code that gets generated from point and click will be different based on the settings you choose. It may use basket:groups or basket:items if you have it set to use on or the other. Also the template changes web page has both CSSUI and MMUI code changes. Make sure you're looking at the correct one based on your store. That may be why the code looks different.

2. If your code still says orginial, once you are on Update 9, you can simply put the template in point and click mode and hit update. It will re-generate the code for you using the latest version.

3. Items/Groups are interchangeable based on your settings you choose. There is new functionality in Version 9 that allows you to display multiple items in a basket in a single line item. The use case is if you have a promotion of buy x get 1 free and you want to display all 3 items as a single line in the cart with prices crossed out than you need to use basket:groups.

4. The Generic changes should apply to both CSSUI and MMUI.

5. Those changes look to be CSSUI, but just in the MMUI section. We'll move them.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Brennan.

So, do we work from the Reference Guide or the standalone version of the changes?
              Keith Oratz
              www.preparesmart.com

Comment

I would use the website:

http://www.miva.com/version9-template-changes
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Brennan! A couple clarifications:

1. [Resolved] (Re-generating a page in Point+Click wasn't matching "New File" code) Ah, this makes sense. I see how manipulating the Point+Click settings makes the code more closely resemble the "New File" on the template changes webpage. I'm definitely looking at the CSSUI section of the webpage, which is what my store uses. (More on that below.) Thanks!

2. [Open] (My "Old code" does not look like old code on template change webpage) My code DOES still say original, but there's no Point+Click mode for SHIPMENT_PICKLIST that I can see. Is there another way to get the latest (full) template code for this page?

3. [Open] (No differences detected in two items) Said another way, the "Original" and "New" versions of the EMAIL_RETURN_RECEIVED file in your template changes webpage are identical. Likewise with the EMAIL_RMA_ISSUED. There should be a difference between the old and new files in the template change doc.

4. [Open] ("Generic" item applicability) It's interesting that some "Generic" items are in the "CSSUI" section and others are in the "MMUI" section. I also figured out that the two "Generic" items which appear in the MMUI section (Generic Edit Page PATR/PROD > Attribute Machine > Head Template) already exist as separate, explicit "CSSUI Edit Page" items at the top of the page. Seems like it'd be most consistent to call the Generic entries in the MMUI section "MMUI" rather than "Generic"? Or else remove the explicit CSSUI versions and make it more clear that everyone needs to implement ALL "Generic" template changes regardless of what section of the webpage they're in? (Would it make sense to put all the generic items together?) I'm mostly thinking of others at this point since I think I have what I need for my store on this particular point.

5. [Resolved] (CSSUI items moved into CSSUI section) Glad I asked- Thanks! (Do you want the "There are numerous changes sprinkled..." after those items for consistency?)

Comment

After awhile of playing around with these template changes, I've had a hard time getting things to work with some modules. Specifically the Minimum & Maximum Quantity module:
                    http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-CIMQMIN5.html

I did open a ticket on it, which I'm waiting to hear back on. But essentially, if I get the price strikethroughs working for a sale, the Minimum & Maximum Quantity Module will not display properly on the Basket page.

This has been kind of painful for me because my client's site has a lot of customized templates. I realize it is part of the deal when you have a major upgrade like this.

Comment

I am upgrading to css from mmui and I need to add custom fields to my checkout pages like before...the old code for example was:

1. <input name="CFM_Fields[1]:fields[1]:id" type="hidden" value="12">
                      2. <input name="CFM_Fields[1]:fields[1]:name" type="hidden" value="Enter (e.g. 16/36) Standard Shirt Size (Even When Giving Custom Measurements)">
                      3. <input name="CFM_Fields[1]:fields[1]:info" type="hidden" value="">
                      4. <input name="CFM_Fields[1]:fields[1]:fieldtype" type="hidden" value="textfield">

I tried to get support to give it to me but have waiting over a day already...does anybody know what the new code is? Thanks.

Comment

You can set up Custom Fields (in Miva 9). See documentation: http://www.mivamerchant.com/videos/a...-documentation

Here are the steps:

1. Create a custom field of "type: order" in Utilities > Custom Fields, with a variable name like shirtSize (hyphenation of variables is not permitted)
                        2. Add the customfields Item to your checkout pages where you're putting the following code.
                        3. Add an input field to your form on the checkout page where you want to collect the information from the customer:

Code:
                        <input type="text" name="shirtSize" size="50" />
                        4. Add a Write_Basket function call to the checkout page that directly follows the page where you put the code in step 3. This saves the information to a custom basket field:

Code:
                        <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Basket('shirtSize', g.shirtSize)" />
                        5. To save the custom fields data to the order, and to print the information to your merchant confirmation emails, insert this code on your "Order Confirmation: Merchant" email template:

Code:
                        <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Basket( 'shirtSize', g.shirtSize)" />
                        <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Order( 'shirtSize', g.shirtSize)" />

&mvte:global:shirtSize;
                        Last edited by skepticwebguy; 06-10-15, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this...I had already read the documentation and it didn't help. I tried the coding that you provided and it did not work for me. The custom fields are already set up and working...they are "customer" as the type. If I go into my admin and look on a customer there will be a tab for custom fields there. It houses sizing data that the customer has entered. I need to copy that and place that on the ACED page. New customers will enter their sizes and old customers will edit their sizes on the page, the data needs to carry over for each customer. What I need (I guess) is the coding that makes it appear for each customer so I can duplicate that and put it elsewhere on my site...thanks.

Comment

I fixed it.It turns out this legacy module (custedit) is not one of the ones uploaded to each page. So in the customer section you see "custom fields" and go to the page and add that item...but it will not work. You have to separately add "custedit" as an available module and then additionally add that to the page. I am adding this comment so that if someone else runs into this problem they might avoid the heartache with the confusion of competing modules being labeled custom fields...a more savvy person would have figured this out sooner...sadly I am not that person!

Comment

I am trying to finalize the last of the Miva 9 template changes and I'm still stuck on one item I've asked about a couple of times in this thread. Can anyone from Miva help or should I fill out a ticket?

Specifically, I have a CSSUI store and I'm trying to complete the SHIPMENT_PICKLIST section of http://www.miva.com/version9-template-changes

The problem is my "OLD" code doesn't match the "OLD" code shown on the template changes webpage. It somewhat resembles it, but for all other pages in the template update process my "OLD" code was either an exact match for that shown on the template change webpage or it was at least clear how to go about the change (or I could regenerate the file by changing back to point+click, which isn't an option on this page).

For reference, I've pasted some of MY old code below. This shows up as the "Original" version in my miva admin. I can't see how to get from here to the "New File" code shown on the template change webpage.

Code:
                              <mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="ordershipment:items">
                                  <div class="shipment_picklist_data_row">
                                      <span class="shipment_picklist_data_col shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_code">&mvte:item:code;</span>
                                      <span class="shipment_picklist_data_col shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_name">
                                          &mvte:item:name;
                                              <mvt:foreach iterator="option" array="item:options">
                                              <br>
                                              <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:option:opt_code">
                                                  &mvte:option:attr_code;: &mvte:option:opt_code;
                                              <mvt:elseif expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:option:data">
                                                  &mvte:option:attr_code;: &mvte:option:data;
                                              <mvt:elseif expr="NOT ISNULL l.settinsg:option:data_long">
                                                  &mvte:option:attr_code;: &mvte:option:data_long;
                                              <mvt:else>
                                                  &mvte:option:attr_code;
                                              </mvt:if>
                                          </mvt:foreach>
                                      </span>

<span class="shipment_picklist_data_col shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_quantity">&mvte:item:quantity;</span>
                                      <span class="shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_clear"></span>
                                  </div>
                              </mvt:foreach>
                              Thanks,
                              Darrin

Comment

Not sure why your's is looking different. You may have an old cssui framework applied. You can choose to apply the changes to your existing code or replace the entire template, both will work.

The core of the changes are to update the arrays on the page

This:

<mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="ordershipment:items">

Becomes this:

<mvt:foreach iterator="group" array="shipment_info:groups">

And anywhere you see :item, it gets replaced with :group

All the other HTML is just for the layout and that does not matter as much if you are happy with the current layout you can leave it alone.
                                Brennan Heyde
                                VP Product
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X