Miva Merchant 9 Template Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Template Changes

One way is to request a free Version 9 dev store and then you will always have the latest code. Go to www.miva.com/videos click on Developers and Create Free Dev Store. Just load it with a couple of sample categories and products and you can see all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete McNamara View Post
      One way is to request a free Version 9 dev store and then you will always have the latest code. Go to www.miva.com/videos click on Developers and Create Free Dev Store. Just load it with a couple of sample categories and products and you can see all.
      Do you mean here? http://www.miva.com/videos/category/...e-registration

After I type in my email address, it says: "The security token was not found. Click here to start over."

I have no idea what that means.

Comment

Where can I find a reference that indicates what new page ITEMS need to be applied in order for the MM9 page template changes to function. For instance, it was pointed out to me that I needed to activate the item "tbr_order_contents" on the ORDER_INVOICE page after making the template changes. I would never have known to activate that item, since I had no idea it was required.
        Last edited by skepticwebguy; 02-05-15, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I don't know what it means either. It appears to be broken. You probably will have to wait until tomorrow for someone to fix it or correct the URL.

Comment

In respect of "reference that indicates what new page ITEMS need to be applied", I don't know. Most of us old timers just look at the item code e.g. <mvt:item name="tbr_order_contents" /> and then look to see if an item with that name is checked under "Items". Not the most ideal of systems but it works.

Comment

Free dev stores are at Miva.com/videos and then click on developers and follow the instructions.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                Free dev stores are at Miva.com/videos and then click on developers and follow the instructions.
                I did. When I type in my email address on this page, I get this message: "The security token was not found. Click here to start over."
                Last edited by skepticwebguy; 02-05-15, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Then Pete is right you'll need to wait until tomorrow morning when Brennan has a chance to fix it.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Hey Pete -

The form should be fixed. Let me know if you have any further issues.
                    Brennan Heyde
                    VP Product
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                      The form should be fixed. Let me know if you have any further issues.
                      Thanks, Brennan!

Comment

I was able to sign up for a Dev store. However, when I click the link to my Dev store in the email I received, I get this error:

Fatal Error

Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-00002
                        Description: No stores exist. Please use the administration utility to create one.

Comment

It takes a few minutes behind the scenes, they have to be moderated by a human. It'll work shortly.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Edit Page: BASK > Page > Basket Contents

Can anyone provide some explanation for the purpose of the new basket:groups array as a replacement for the basket:items array?

Also were there underlying database changes?

I'm studying the version9-template-changes now.
                            Ray Yates
                            "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                            --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Hey Ray -

That feature is an optional change (but part of the new default page templates). It is purely there to support some new discounting features such as buy x get 1 free. It allows products to be "grouped" within the basket. Normally if you have two of the same products in the cart where one is 10.00 and another is Free (or any other price) miva will display them as two line items.

The the new basket:groups array allows miva to group these two products into a single line item in the basket and instead display discount messaging to show one is free.
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

I have almost completed the template changes in my CSSUI dev store but I have a few questions. Posting here as I expect some of these items will be helpful to others:

1. For some of the extensive changes which suggest regenerating the template code by changing back to point-and-click mode and choosing "Update", the code that's being generated does not match what's shown in the "New File" section of http://www.miva.com/version9-template-changes. Is this expected? For example, in the ORDS > Page > Order Contents changes, regenerating the code in point+click gives me "&nbsp;" in blank table cells whereas the "New File" column of the template changes webpage has blank spaces. Also, the regenerated code uses "items" whereas the "New File" column in the template changes webpage uses "groups". I CAN just grab the full contents of the New File textbox on the template changes webpage, but should it be considered reliable? (I can send full file examples of my differences if desired.)

2. For the SHIPMENT_PICKLIST > Page > Details page, my "Original" file doesn't look like the "Original File" shown on the template change webpage. Granted, my store is older than PR8 Release 12. My change history shows that this file is unchanged from original installation. The template change webpage says I should have "<td class="code">&mvt:item:code;</td>", but I don't; I have "<span class="shipment_picklist_data_col shipment_picklist_itemlist_col_code">&mvte:item:co de;</span>". Might I have missed a prior template update for this page?

3. I am pretty sure that the suggested changes for "EMAIL_RETURN_RECEIVED" and "EMAIL_RMA_ISSUED" are incorrect. The first mentions ITEMS in both old/new versions, and the second mentions GROUPS in both new and old versions. Can these be fixed?

4. Are the "Generic: Edit Page" updates to be understood to be for CSSUI stores, MMUI stores, or both? I guess I'm not sure what "Generic" means in this context. Would it be possible to label those sections more explicitly (CSSUI/MMUI)?

5. This has been mentioned at least a couple times but there are two items in the MMUI section of the template changes webpage that we believe are erroneously labeled "CSSUI". Would it be possible to update these to avoid confusion? They are:
                                - CSSUI: Edit Page: ACAD > Customer Fields
                                - CSSUI: Edit Page: ACED > Customer Fields

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X